Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 12 -- Show Your Completed Top Here!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe I did this - it was way beyond my comfort zone. But, it is now my favorite quilt top. Thanks TQS for this opportunity; thanks to Sarah for the lovely pattern; and thanks to Barbara for making it all make sense.

Comment

• Carol G. commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful! And I agree with all your comments

I really enjoyed making this quilt. I used my own fabrics and enjoyed fussy cutting some of Tulas fabric. I decided to make more houses for my border. It will have to wait until January to be quilted. Thanks again for another wonderful block of the month and all the help that Barbara provides! Can’t wait to start next years.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Jrgermain, I really like you outside border. I was thinking of doing one with trees and a variety of
      houses, but decided I was just ready to get it done, and look forward to Pick A Petal. Your quilt
      turned out beautiful. HelenW

• Carol G. commented
      Editing a comment
      jrgermain - What a great border! That turned out fabulous and so creative

• brigitte.wieser commented
      Editing a comment
      A great idea to replace the sawtooth-border with houses ! Thumbs up !

Comment

This was a very difficult project with all the piecing, applique, embroidery, etc. i admit my piecing has improved and I didn’t have any issues with stitching all the rows. I did have a few words as I had problems with seams not turning the right direction but hopefully, it will quilt without problems. I’m not sure how you could everrrr do this project without this issue coming up…I found that really aggravating. Ha. BUT, it’s done.Yea!

Comment

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not very computer savvy. My comments did not get posted. This is my first BOM. It is also my first hand appliqued quit. I learned a lot and felt very challenged all along the way. I am so happy to be finished.

I can't really believe it, but I finished my quilt today !
        I'm very happy with the result and enjoyed the whole process of making it.
        And a big Thank You to all of you for sharing your pictures and stories while working on this BOM. They were always inspiration and encouraging for me to hold on.
        Therefore I'm looking foreward to the BOM of next year and hope I'll meet all of you again.
        Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

• Carol G. commented
          Editing a comment
          I adore the roofs on your houses!

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Helen, I’m not planning on making the 2024 BOM. Are you?
        Yes, I am planning on doing the 2024 BOM. I have never done hand piecing but I am hoping I love it. If my skills are not
        up to the challenge, I just might add the practice samples as a tool in my tool belt and modify the pattern to a way I can do
        it. I am thinking I may do at least part of the pieces as applique. I tried Judith's suggestion of making petals with template
        plastic and putting a very narrow run of Elmers glue in the seam allowance, and then folding the seam allowance over the plastic with a hot iron. It is smooth, and easy to do. I use my appliquick flat edge to pop the glue loose from the template. I already
        made a pile of petals that way, so will probably use them in this project. HelenW

Comment

I am done! Yay!

Comment

• Carol G. commented
            Editing a comment
            Love it! Your birds are fabulous and the 4 patches are great

• Monique G. commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations Alice. Your quilt is lovely. The squares as a second border are very creative, and they work well. That gives me an idea for another quilt I'm making. Merry Christmas and all the best on your next project.

• Alice commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Carol and Monique! I have to admit that I wanted to quit so many times but somehow managed to stay. I've learned a lot just not sure Appliqué is something for me. Hope TQS will consider something different for 2025.

Originally posted by jetonkin View Post
          My top is finished! I learned a lot and enjoyed the process. I'm glad I had done last years BOM first. Thank you for the adventure.
          Looks fab with black background so striking

Comment

What a great experience working on this quilt. Thanks to Alex Anderson I was able to to use her suggested turned-edge applique and machine applique the entire quilt. Thank you, Alex! Also, thank you Barbara for all the great help and tips. You made the completion of this project possible for me.

Comment

This reply by Saute008 has been deleted by Saute008

Attached Files

The top is done, quilting to come. I’m so glad I tried using a black background on this project. It has tiny colored dots on it as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	87C559C7-61D1-450D-84AE-282BBA411185.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	898117

Comment

Finished! and before year's end,(barely). Now it will get in the que to be quilted and bound. I do like it. I would never attempted this quilt without all the help and guidance from Barbara and The Quilt Show. Thank you all.

Comment

​Just finished my Homeward Bound Quilt top in time to get ready for the 2024 SAL. Thank you for the pattern and for all the nice videos and instructions. Happy 2024.

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love your color choices, Cissa. Great job!

I finished my top a couple weeks ago and it has taken this long to figure out how to take the photo. All my floor space is taken up with the Christmas tree. I pinned it to the top of the dining room curtains and used a couple pins on the sides, but I couldn't really get it as straight as I wanted due to the curtains moving around. I changed the colors for the pieced outer borders as I wanted something not quite so pastel. I also changed the house colors. If I had realized when I made the stars back in month 6 how pale those corner stars would look, I would have changed those fabrics as well. At least it's done (and my husband thinks it looks nice) and maybe I can get it on the machine next year to quilt it.

Thanks, Barbara, for all the extra work you do to make it easier for us to sew our quilt tops.

Linda

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are most welcome, Linda. Finished is better than perfect. Great job!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2000 users online. 152 members and 1848 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X