Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 10 — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 10 — Show Your Progress Here

Please use this Topic to show your progress.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

My progress so far is to have used the secret decoder ring (The Materials Requirement List from the beginning) to sort out the fabrics.
    Roman Glass Pastel and Tiny Dots Sky for the first Lg Triangle
    Tiny Stripes Clarity and Tiny Dots Peacock for the 2ns Lg Triangle
    Tiny Stripes Misty and Dragons Breath Legendary for the 3rd Lg Triangle
    Tiny Stripes Songbird and Unicorn Poop Whimsy for the 1st Sm Triangle
    Tiny Dots Bluebell and Unicorn Poop Dew Drop for the 2nd Sm Triangle
    Dragons Breath Amethyst and Sweet Pea for the Leaves
    Paperweight Paprika for the berries
    and I am going to use Dragons Breath Matcha for the stem rather than the pictured Shire because that's the same color I used in the first triangle border.
    I'm also not going to use the Unicorn Poop colors because to me they fade into the background too much. So I will just do a full flying geese with the main colors on the small triangles (Bluebell and Songbird).

Let the cutting begin!

Comment

I made wavy stems for this border. I wish I had done the same thing on the inner border
      France 

Comment

• Donna M. commented
        Editing a comment
        Super cute!

• commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful!! Nicolette

• Shirley R. commented
        Editing a comment
        love those wavy stems. wish I had seen them before I completed mine!!

Did anyone else get ahead of themselves on piecing the triangles? When I read it's just like month five. I was like oh I know how to do that. Well once I got the first set of 16 put together I remembered eight of them were supposed to be done opposite so I did some unsewing but I'm back on track!

Comment

Ready! I am on vaccation in November and I would like to quilt it in december. I made the quilt a little longer so it fits on my bed.

Comment

• Ann W. commented
          Editing a comment
          What a great idea. Thanks

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          barbel.sch Your extra out side border looks like the pattern was design that way.
          Your quilt is beautiful. Wish I had a longarm machine. HelenW

My fabrics were heavily starched before I cut them out and there is fullness now that will easily be blocked out when the top is completed. I didn’t care for the hearts in the center of these borders, so I just added a few more circles instead.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Margo, Great idea for replacing the hearts. How do you block out the fullness? HelenW

Not sure if it is ok to post this but if you don’t feel like making the bias stems Etsy shop VintageDoor sells green fusible bias tape at the perfect width for $2.25 a yard. Delivery is really fast.
        Teri

Comment

I was able to figure out the rest of November and December. Now I need to load this on the longarm.

Comment

• Donna M. commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! I am just now getting to the applique part of Month 10.

• Shirley R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful!!

Laugh for the day…. This is what happens when you forget that some of your squares are cut at 2”… oh well, I’ll just have more to make them finish at 1 1/2”…
          Elizabeth Anderson
          Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Woohoo..month 10….happy camper.

Comment

I finally got around to taking the photo! I've been done with this month for about a week or so but didn't feel like sweeping the floor to take the photo. Knowing that the heart I put in the center was fatter, I pushed the pink and purple leaves closer to the edge. Since I adjusted those, I also made an adjustment on the end ones as well. I am so looking forward to all the piecing in the next two months. I remembered why I don't do a whole lot of applique while working on this quilt. It's just not my favorite thing to do.

Linda

Comment

• Donna M. commented
                Editing a comment
                Same feeling here about applique!

I finally am finished with month 10

Comment

Ok! Month 10 is finished - now on to making teeny tiny cabins! Oh and I forgot to mention, on the birds, I had some little black buttons I used for the eyes and some heart shaped buttons for the hearts.

Comment

It seems I'm always a week or two behind everyone on this project. I was just wondering if anyone know what the size of the quilt top should be at this point?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    At the end of each month's pattern it tells you what size the quilt should be to that point.

• Donna M. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mine is 58 1/4" square

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2044 users online. 191 members and 1853 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X