Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 9 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have worked hard to get month 9 completed before I head off on holiday for a couple of weeks. The birds are eyeless as I am still deciding whether to try the tiny circle or maybe use a button or sequin. It can wait. Looking forward to doing some piecing next month.

Comment

• Carol G. commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fabulous!

I have made some adjustments to fit my capabilities. I think it looks pretty good.
    JET

Comment

• Carol G. commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks wonderful!

​ I think the hardest thing I contend with in this pattern is the applique. I’m a big appliquer but I want the flowers etc to look like flowers.lol. It’s been a challenge for me to do the opposite.

Comment

Done !
      This round was quite a lot of work
      Mostly fun as well as a little bit tricky. I also had to try a while to find the right position of the birds. And I decided to use little buttons for the birds eyes.
      Finally I'm very pleased with the result and I'm looking foreward to next month.
      Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

• Gopa R. commented
        Editing a comment
        How amazing is that, your composition is so brilliant like real gothic art

Comment

Love this pattern and doing my own changes!

Comment

This was a challenging month. Lots and lots of leaves. The placement of all the parts was a challenge and then appliqueing the birds, vines and final leaves on the side borders after sewing the borders on was interesting. I used 2 of the specialty stitches on my machine to make the doves eyes and heart. I sewed them on the doves before appliqueing them on the border. I liked the way that turned out. I am looking forward to the piecing we will do next month!

Comment

I have a bird pinned on, but I'm not really liking it. i'm watching the forum to see if people are putting something else in that spot. Any ideas? This bird wasn't fun to prep.

Comment

Originally posted by AmyE View Post
              I have a bird pinned on, but I'm not really liking it. i'm watching the forum to see if people are putting something else in that spot. Any ideas? This bird wasn't fun to prep.
              Hi Amy, You have a really fun looking quilt. This picture is a Wendy William's pattern. Maybe a cute little fun bird would look
              good. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by AmyE View Post
                I did a search for a different, smaller bird. I'm not home for a few more days, so I can't post a picture
                Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Your center block with the heart is sweet!
                  Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Month 9 is finally done! I changed the bird to the kind I like, interesting process but lots of fun

Comment

• Carol G. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Alice your birds are fabulous!

I really love your birds! Great idea!
                    Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

• Alice commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Brigitte! I use your quote “Quilting forever, Housework whenever” everyday, haha

• brigitte.wieser commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're welcome

Originally posted by acwang View Post
                    Month 9 is finally done! I changed the bird to the kind I like, interesting process but lots of fun
                    Alice, Your color selections beautiful, and your red head bird is darling and fits perfectly with the rest of the quilt.
                    I can't see any stitching on your applique. Totally invisible and the edges are so perfectly turned. Looks like you been doing
                    this for a number of years.Love your quilt. HelenW

Comment

• Alice commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Helen! We went to Hawaii during summer and saw Red-crested Cardinal birds everywhere so decided to add them into my dream garden https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-crested_cardinal
                      I’m new to appliqué, tried needle turned appliqué several times but couldn’t get it to look good. This is all turned-edge machine appliqué after reading Barbara’s blog and watching Alex’s video, they are super helpful.

I finished all the hand appliqué and I just have to sew on the button eyes and embroider the hearts.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1939 users online. 173 members and 1766 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X