Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 9 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 9 -- Show Your Progress Here

Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Not really showing progress here
    I hate this pattern! Looks like I have to move the vine and 2 flowers on each end. I’m not a happy camper right now. I think this could have been solved by having a good layout template including bird placement.
    Susan Skeel
    Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      I am sorry you are having this problem. In Month 7 Ask Questions Here, there were several questions about vine placement and I showed and told where my vines fall on the border. Even how far the bird is from the end of the border.
      I agree the pattern would be much better if there were more registration marks for the vines/birds/flowers. But they are not there so we do the best we can.
      Last edited by Barbara B.; 09-03-2023, 09:45 AM.

• Ann W. commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't agree more. My birds are going to sit on top of the vine and a flower. I must have not have seen the month 7 vine hint. I'm not taking anything out because I really have not enjoyed trying to decipher this patter and can't wait to be done with these boarders. It'll be what it is but it won't be the wall hanging I was hoping for. Sorry but I'm frustrated and disappointed. I wish we have know the size of these birds in the beginning. I'm very sad about the outcome. :-(

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
    Not really showing progress here
    I hate this pattern! Looks like I have to move the vine and 2 flowers on each end. I’m not a happy camper right now. I think this could have been solved by having a good layout template including bird placement.
    Sewskeel, Sorry I can't remember your first name, even though I have seen it at some point in the past.
    Maybe you don't hate the pattern. Just the way part of it was written or drawn. When I run into a problem like yours.
    I usually just say, how would have I done it? Then I try solve it. If I am able to come up with a good way of
    doing that, then I often share it with others doing the pattern. For me, it is the booklets that come as user manuals
    telling you how to put things together that are the ones that drive me nuts. Take a deep breathe and look at your quilt.
    It is beautiful, I am sure you would agree. If things are not identical to the original that is OK. Creativity should be
    fun. I know I alway have fun just because I am doing something I love doing. HelenW

Comment

Sharing a tip I came up with. I took a 'snip' of the top border from a picture of the full quilt. I enlarged the picture before snipping. I copied it into MS Word, set it at landscape & printed it. (I probably should have also done a side border.) I am laying this on my work area so I can see where the leaves are supposed to go.
      As you can see from my picture, back at the first of the year, I printed a full picture of the quilt. It stays as the cover of my 3 ring binder.
      Homeward Bound is pushing me out of my comfort zone! But I am keeping up.
      Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Carol G, Great tip about the snip it. I used the idea on another quilt I am working on.
        HelenW

First side completed, remainder underway.
      Last edited by Marilyn M.; 09-04-2023, 10:01 PM. Reason: I've tried to adjust sizes and positioning, all to no avail.
      Marilyn

Comment

• Alice commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s beautiful! Love the colors combination too!

• Carol G. commented
        Editing a comment
        Marilyn - thanks for sharing the pictures. It makes me more confident in the fabrics I chose for my leaves. I ended up with various greens. I tried using some other colors, like the original, but I wasn't happy with anything but my greens. Your border is lovely!

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Marilyn M. I saw that you listed the a reason you tried to edit. I have had the same problem many times.
        I just write the comment to Click on the Picture to see the full border.If you do that the whole picture show up on the screen. Your border colors
        and work are beautiful. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 09-06-2023, 07:37 AM.

Yippee, month nine complete along with part of month 10

Comment

I decided to do my heart with a small piece be hind the bird… easier to manipulate before attaching to the panel….sorry the pictures uploaded in reverse order.
        Elizabeth Anderson
        Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautifully done, Elizabeth. If I could do as well, my birds would have hearts too.

Lol… I’m not under any time constraints… I admire what you are able to get done….and walking every morning too!,
        Elizabeth Anderson
        Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Helen W......Thank you for your suggestion to include a notation to "click on the picture to see the full border", when posting pictures. That is a good idea.
          Marilyn

Comment

Carol G........Your preferred selection of greens has to make you happy! After all, it's your quilt, so it's fine to do a little bit of "tweaking". When I study some of the wonderful fabric combinations participants are using, sometimes there are scarcely any greens at all.
            Marilyn

Comment

One border is completely appliqued, except for 1 corner green leaf. Two other borders are pinned and ready to sew. I'm doing prepared edge applique. I'm keeping 1 border on the top of my design board to use as my sample. I'm auditioning a different bird body for my corners. Someone else on the forum used a different bird, so I thought I'd see what was available.
              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Pat D. commented
                Editing a comment
                so pretty, your colors are bright and happy

Carol G........Your borders with their leaves look lovely and bright. Congratulations.
              Marilyn

Comment

I’m ready for this quilt to be finished. Next time I will seriously consider machine appliqué
                France 

Comment

• Ann W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm really to be done too though I machine appliquéd from the beginning. I also decided on raw edge when I got to the boarder - turning that many items was over my patience level.

• Carol G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What you have complete is gorgeous!

When your birds insist on sitting on flowers you let them do what they want after all nature doesn't always follow your plans. No eyes or heart - maybe later or not. Also just realized all my top wings are behind the bird. - ugh
                Last edited by Ann W.; 09-11-2023, 12:39 PM.
                Ann

Comment

• Marcia D. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thank you as I decided they did not have to sit on the vines- your post is so timely for me.

• Paola B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I too decided that the birds can sit where they want!

so I'm finished with that! - I'm anxious to move on and already made the pieced portions as Barbara suggested. I'm going to improvise on the applique parts and get that next border on. Thanks for all of the tips along the way.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1981 users online. 156 members and 1825 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X