Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 12 — Show Your Completed Top Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 12 — Show Your Completed Top Here

Please use this TOPIC to share your completed Garden Party Down Under TOP here.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

WooHoo, my top is finished!

Comment

• Caz commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done, it’s beautiful

Yay! Top is finished and ready for big stitch quilting in colorful threads. It will be bound in the same stripe fabric as the two skinny inner borders. As you can see, I made design alterations. This was a learning piece that combined machine and hand stitched appliqué. It was a LOT of fun!! I am looking at more Irene Blanck designs now! [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":894402}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":894403}[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Comment

Having trouble uploading photos....will try again.

Comment

Completed to top this weekend. All fit together without issue. Thanks for all the help with this BOM. When I look at the top the majority is needle turned appliqué. I think I have mastered the tips of the diamonds. Looks like next BOM is circles! Today piecing some fabric for backing, Nice to take a bit of a break, but we all have some of those UFO’s or start a Christmas project.
        Look forward to hints on quilting. I plan to machine quilt this on my domestic machine,
        Also looking forward to others completed tops. Fabrics were from my stash!
        Linda H
        Happy Quilting 

Comment

I still have yet to unpack the kit I bought. I am intimidated by all the appliqué. It is beautiful but I am afraid it will be a UFO!

Comment

• Molly A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Even though you're starting late I highly recommend doing this as a BOM because breaking the project into pieces really does make it manageable. I had my doubts I'd complete it when starting out -- let alone "on time" -- but I did, and one of these days I'll get around to taking a photo! I think the first block is the hardest to complete on time because it involves the most applique but once you get going...

• Karen L. commented
            Editing a comment
            Barbara gives excellent instruction in her videos. I've done very, very little applique, so this is a stretch for me, too. At this point (Dec. 1), I have cut out most of the pieces for Month 1. I chose to heavily spray starch and use freezer paper template to turn edges under. I bought 100 wt and 60 wt threads for the applique. Had to put it away for a while. It's time to get it back out, because I don't want this to be a UFO! It's too pretty.

• Julie B. commented
            Editing a comment
            If you think you'll never make the quilt, and only if you wanted to sell the kit! I would consider buying it. I've fallen in love with the quilt and would love to make it, if ever you wanted to sell it please consider asking me first. I live in Australia.

Top completed , now deliberations on how to quilt the top commences.
          Caroline Edwards
          UK Quilter

Comment

Completed! Enjoyed this, but it’s once and done.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              I love your paper pieced double triangles= diamonds, what a brilliant idea!

• Julie B. commented
              Editing a comment
              I love your diamonds and blue vases! Congratulations. Julie

Comment

Comment

• Julie B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Outstandingly beautiful quilt. Congratulations.

Month 12 BOM 2022 Finished--What a fun year with Irene and Barbara! Thank you! Now onto quilting! Photo taken at the sledding warming area in Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

Comment

I have the top done and sandwiched. Need ideas for quilting. I am not afraid to fre motion quilting, but neediness for quilting motifs

Comment

I finished it and had a lot of fun learning. Now off to the quilter
                  Susan Skeel
                  Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Done! Yay! I need to get some backing fabric now. I did this with mostly Kaffe fabrics, so I'll probably get that for the back.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gorgeous, AmyE! And I love those simple corner flowers. Beautiful job.

• Julie B. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Outstanding colour of your quilt! I know you've use Kaffe's fabric all over but your fussy cutting of the vases is beautiful. Congratulations. I would love to see your quilt when quilted. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Love the fabric choices. Beautifully done.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1131 users online. 195 members and 936 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X