Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July done. It's been fun finding the vase material in my "special" stashed fabrics.

Comment

I’m caught up
      Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

The students in my year-long local class are doing well. Take a look at their progress:

[url]https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2022/07/student-progress-with-garden-party-down.html[/url]

Lots of photos, too large to post here.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Barbara, Loved all the pictures of your Garden Party quilt class. Maybe you could post Sally's pictures because of her unique use of wool, and lots of quilters might like using her idea of doing hand applique on the blocks.It really adds a whole extra level of interest to the blocks. Her technique and color choice, and hand stitch choices is perfect. HelenW

Sally is doing a lot of hand embroidery on wool. So pretty. Click to see right side up.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Barbara for posting them. Just love it!!! HelenW

[QUOTE=Barbara Black;n893800]The students in my year-long local class are doing well. Take a look at their progress:

[url]https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2022/07/student-progress-with-garden-party-down.html[/url]

Lots of photos, too large to post here.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any pictures of the quilt made with the ties? That one blew me away!!!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Not this month, she was absent. I will have more of that one in September.

I have been trying to figure out what I wanted to do for this quilt. Well, it only took me 7 months to figure it out, but this month's block made it all click. I am using 1930's reproduction fabrics (my favorite) and making a few changes. I finished this month's block and am starting on the 4 shoofly blocks.

Comment

Comment

Here is my finished vase. Look forward to next’s months.
            Linda H
            Happy Quilting 

Comment

Easy block. My shoofly blocks are almost done.

Comment

Just finished July. Had kids and grandkids visiting June and July. Have already started August so it should be done soon!

Comment

Comment

• Marsha T. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The top block was done in an Art Deco style with my daughter’s favorite flower. The bottom vase fabric was selected by my husband actually. I think it has a great architectural look to it. K

Simple shapes..., but it's so challenging to pick bright and clear colors for me. This is a 3rd do over.

Comment

I redid this block because the background fabric I used the first time was too dark! Really made the block stand out on my design wall. I was able to save all the components and just stitch them down again on the lighter background.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1588 users online. 191 members and 1397 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,774   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Best batting for art quilting.
                      Helen W. Thank you so very much for you messages! Wow they are so helpful. Some answers. The quilt is due May 4. The finished...
                      Susan D. Do you know how to do any hand embroidery stitches. If you look at my coloring book
                      page hanging above your...
                      Susan D, I do use warm and natural batting most of the time. Whether to quilt first or after the applique is on depends...
                    • MONTH 3 -- Show Your Progress Here
                      Alice I love your ideas here. It gives a whole different look to the quilt.
                      I have also been experimenting with some alternate choices. if you enlarge the photo there are 2 pictures to see. They aren't...
                      Helen I am sorry for jumping on this post. I tried to send you a private message but I couldn't. I am working on this wall...
                    • MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here
                      I think you mean the Month 2 Block 1 blocks. There are 3 things we can do wrong when piecing blocks: the cutting, sewing,...
                      Jennifer, Could you post a picture of your 4 blocks that make up the center star? This was discussed in month 1 several...
                      Help! My Block 1 blocks are all too small by about 1/2". Any suggestions to correct the sizing? I can not bear to...
                      An alternate block idea...
                    • COLORING PAGE Available
                      Hi. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have been doing some travelling. I would love to share but the drawing is...
                    • Need advice re: bobbin quilting
                      Kati, Is the picture on your posting name the parrot? Pretty bird. Glad you got your quilt basted. I am using
                      Invisafil...
                    • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X