Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• MONTH 7 — Ask Questions Here
    Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
  • Month 6 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS HERE
  • Quilting color my world
    Hi there
    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
  • Reclamation
    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
  • Flanged bindings
    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
  • Reclamation
    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
  • Flanged bindings
    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
  • Flanged bindings
    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
    Love what you did with the vase.
    I am enjoying making this quilt.
  • NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here
    Alex stated that you cut out the points of petals from the back of the sashing flowers. What about the border flowers? Once...
    Robin, I just love dark backgrounds, and you fabulous looking quilt just confirms it. Love the muted
    colors in combination...
  • Gelli Prints class
    Hi Dee, enjoyed your class for the Gelli Prints. I had previously heard of, but not seen it in use. Some day when I get...
    Robin, this is spectacular!
    I can’t believe I am all caught up since I decided to start this over Memorial Day weekend. I opted out of doing the pieced...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

Our Sponsors

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FONT=Calibri]I realized the triangles are different for border 1 and 3. I chose triangles from the border 3 pattern for both borders and very happy with them. They look like the true triangles like paper pieced version, but ¼” space above the triangles gives distinction to the corner baskets.[/FONT]

Comment

Inspired by Helens posts, I decided to tackle the centre a little different than the pattern. I love "Le Panier De Fleur" (The Flower Basket) by Sue Nickels instead. It's been quite a challenge! The picture didn't really come out the colours I used which were mostly shades of white and beige.

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=mgratrix;n891998]Inspired by Helens posts, I decided to tackle the centre a little different than the pattern. I love "Le Panier De Fleur" (The Flower Basket) by Sue Nickels instead. It's been quite a challenge! The picture didn't really come out the colours I used which were mostly shades of white and beige. [/QUOTE]

Monique, Your center flower arrangement and vase is fabulous. What a difference the color palette makes in the mood.
        Beautifully serene and elegant. Can't wait to see your progress.Are you planning on using Sue Nichol's
        multitude of leaves in the border or going more with Irene's pattern? Both would look good. If you saw
        my post In Defense of the color brown, you know I love using earth tones in a lot of my quilts.
        HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 02-21-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Monique G. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Helen. . . I will look for it. Not sure yet what I'm going to do, but you sure have inspired me with your creative spirit.

Comment

• AmericanQuilter commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not really happy with my center. I used a gray tone fabric thinking it would look great but the colors just don’t pop against it. Wish I had used white or cream background.

• soniasimone commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s frustrating not to be happy with a decision once it’s sewn, but for what it’s worth I think it’s gorgeous

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t worry about it now. Later you could hand embroider around the shapes to define them more or quilt the background with very light gray thread. As it grows, I think you will notice it less. It looks fine to me.

Comment

It took me two months to finish Block 1 and I feel like I’ve learned so much!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            It will be faster from here!

Embellished Month 1, loving the process!

Comment

I finally finished applique for block 1. Whew!

Comment

Block is complete!!!

Comment

Finally finished block 1. Lots of fun learning new techniques. Barbara you are a fabulous teacher.
                Dotti F
                North Port FL/West Warwick RI

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much, Dorothy.

I’m a little behind but here is my month 1. I call it Garden Party Down Under After Dark

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  James, I love the black background and the cute name. So fitting. Last year I did my Color My World in flannel and black background and loved the way it turned out. HelenW

• jptousley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your black background, especially with the blues and purples!

Hi Everyone: I have finally finished the January Block. I love how it came out, but it was a lot of work. I did however discover that applique is can be very useful in fixing/hiding mistakes. I decided to do needle turned applique. I had only done raw edge applique and since I like to use the BOMs to learn, I decided to try it. It looks great once it is done. I need a bit more practice though.

So now on to February's block. I guess it is fortuitous that I am so late starting February since I now have the corrected pattern.

I also want to add that the videos are fantastic. I have watched them all multiple times. I really learned a lot from them. Thanks for all your hard work Barbara. I also read your blogs multiple times as I do each step. All the resources you provide are wondeful.
                Last edited by bpalluzi; 03-08-2022, 10:07 AM.
                Beth Palluzi

Comment

[QUOTE=bpalluzi;n892449]Hi Everyone: I have finally finished the January Block. I love how it came out, but it was a lot of work. I did however discover that applique is can be very useful in fixing/hiding mistakes. I decided to do needle turned applique. I had only done raw edge applique and since I like to use the BOMs to learn, I decided to try it. It looks great once it is done. I need a bit more practice though.

So now on to February's block. I guess it is fortuitous that I am so late starting February since I now have the corrected pattern.

I also want to add that the videos are fantastic. I have watched them all multiple times. I really learned a lot from them. Thanks for all your hard work Barbara. I also read your blogs multiple times as I do each step. All the resources you provide are wondeful.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! Your post just made my day. And gives me a boost as I start to prep to make the Month 4 Video/Blog.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL
                  https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Ladies - -I have made so many of the pieces to appliqué - - BUT I am feeling overwhelmed. Where do I start?
                    Becky Jo

Comment

• soniasimone commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very first thing I recommend is to watch Barbara's video for the month you're doing! It will help you know where there might be something a little tricky or not-so-obvious in the pattern, especially in how pieces overlap.

Then I'd follow Irene's suggestions for how to proceed. Glue down your stems, then leaves, then flowers, then the vases. Irene does all the glueing at once, but I like to sew the stems and leaves, then go back to the flowers and vase.

Take it one step at a time, and the overwhelm will pass! I find myself less overwhelmed when I don't cut too many pieces out before I'm ready to glue them down.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 792 users online. 454 members and 338 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,956   Posts: 150,345   Members: 20929   Active Members: 1,679  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Thank you for the early posting Barbara!
                  • MONTH 7 — Show Your Progress Here
                    Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.

We are past the halfway point now!
                    Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about Month 7....
                  • Quilting color my world
                    Hi there
                    I am in the process of E2E and noticed your post. I would love to see your quilt. I'm still trying to finish....
                  • Reclamation
                    Hi Nicole. I am reviewing your question. I will message you privately. Sorry for any confusion....
                  • Flanged bindings
                    Ricky is glad his DVD is available free for Star Members. It is his detailed explanation of his process.

The...
                  • Reclamation
                    Hello, I'm very angry, I'm a star member and I don't have access to the video, I'm going around in circles between login...
                  • Flanged bindings
                    I will pass this on to him. It is a great binding technique, one that is handy to have in your toolbox.

Ricky's...
                    Shoo-fly block done. Still doing handwork non vase and flowers.
                  • Flanged bindings
                    I visited the Texas quilt museum last week and was privileged to see Ricky Tims’ exhibition there. He presents such beautiful...
                    Love what you did with the vase.
                    I am enjoying making this quilt.
                  • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                  X