Collapse

Our Sponsors

Month 1 -- Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbara. I asked a question in another place …. So I’ll ask here. Do we need 2 copies of your pattern for the second sawtooth border? And….I have not removed my paper from the last border, when would you suggest doing that…after I attach the ‘vine’ border?
    Elizabeth Anderson
    Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

[QUOTE=LizAnderson;n891732]Barbara. I asked a question in another place …. So I’ll ask here. Do we need 2 copies of your pattern for the second sawtooth border? And….I have not removed my paper from the last border, when would you suggest doing that…after I attach the ‘vine’ border?[/QUOTE]

The pattern pages for month 2 paper pieced Dogtooth borders make 2 borders. As there are 4 borders you will need to print two copies of the patterns.

I remove the paper as soon as the border is made and trimmed to the proper size. The paper has done its job at that point, the rest is regular piecing.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Hi I could do with some help / advice with the turn edge appliqué for the concave bits of the flower petals. I’ve tried various methods but can’t seem to stop the fabric fraying inner point.

Comment

• Connie P. commented
          Editing a comment
          I am having the same problem with the "D" flowers in the middle of the block!

Yes I’m struggling with flower D and H. I’ve watched all the videos, read the blog and been following the forum. I’m a bit behind most as I’ve only done about half the appliqué for month one. I found the individual leaves and petals manageable and am pleased with results but D and H are causing me problems. Any advice gratefully received.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ktmosedale;n891766]Yes I’m struggling with flower D and H. I’ve watched all the videos, read the blog and been following the forum. I’m a bit behind most as I’ve only done about half the appliqué for month one. I found the individual leaves and petals manageable and am pleased with results but D and H are causing me problems. Any advice gratefully received. [/QUOTE]

For help with V's, those deep places on flowers D and H, go watch show 806 with Verna Mosquera. Starting at about 32 minutes she shows how to hand applique those V's. The process would be similar for machine applique--you would turn the edges under for that just like they are turned under for hand applique.

Our site has almost 400 shows and the search box is very helpful. I searched for hand applique and it didn't take me long to find this show.

Take a look--then let us know if it helped.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 935 users online. 545 members and 390 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,957   Posts: 150,393   Members: 20958   Active Members: 1,705  
          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
          X