Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Your Center—Post Your Photos Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Center—Post Your Photos Here

Please use this topic to show your complete center circle with both Inner and Upper Roads. Do not start a new topic. Thanks!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I just finished my mariners compass and the inner road. I am working from the inside out, circle by circle. I want this quilt to be a coulor wheel of the world, so I do every quarter section individual. On the photo you can see, that I have only sewn the mariners compas together partially. That was easier to add the inner road quarters.

Comment

• Ellen L. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your rainbow.

I did it ! And it lies flat ! Yeah !
    Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Brigitte, It looks beautiful Great job. HelenW

I was a coward, I made the roads with classic foundation paper piecing. It is quilt flat and my road painter was a little boozy while working

Comment

• Jackie M. commented
      Editing a comment
      Whatever gets the job done. LOL

Hi All, I did mine a little differently. I hadn't sewn my house pairs into a ring yet, so I was able to sew the upper road (grassy path, in my case) pieces to the top of a pair, then sew two pairs together, then sew the lower road piece onto that. I connected all of those into a big ring, then I only had to sew the mariner's compass center in. I found that much easier. Now I can go back to embellishing my trees.

Comment

• Sherry commented
      Editing a comment
      how did the rest of it go together. Or would it be better to do them in 1/2 pattern?

thanks

My center circle is done, and I'm relieved that it all came together without a hitch. Barbara was right -- it paid off to take my time and use LOTS of pins.

Comment

I have finished the May roads and piecing the circles together. The last one was the hardest. I wanted to keep the road on top to sew it and pinned it carefully, easing it in as I worked. I stay stitched around the bottom of the houses and that helped. It measures 43" vertical and horizontal. I am using Kona solids except for the backgrounds. I love the pattern. Thank you.

Comment

• Terri S. commented
        Editing a comment
        Karen,
        Great Mariners Compass! I like your night sky, too.

• Pat commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your night sky and lit up windows!

• Jackie M. commented
        Editing a comment
        I love your background and center compass!!!

My center houses and roads - I am really enjoying this process.

Comment

I am so pleased to see these centers start to appear. They are looking great! I can still remember my sense of relief when my center was complete and flat.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Very frustrated that I have not been able to register likes on comments and pictures and make comments. I have turned in a problem ticket but I still can't use the forum for many of the functions. Birgit F, I was able to click on your square with a ? and see the little thumbnail in the upper left corner, and after clicking on it, the picture showed up full screen. Love the way you used different colors for the white lines in the road. Amy E, your idea of putting the road sections on the pairs of houses is brilliant.
          I think that would be the way I would have designed it If were designing a similar pattern. All the centers posted so far are beautiful and those having problems just need to be be will to try try again. Hopefully the website will become a little more user friendly as they wack the moles causing the problems. HelenW

Comment

• baerbel.sch commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Helen, if you click the user profile you see the posts and than you can make your comments and likes. It is a little circuitous but works

• Terri S. commented
            Editing a comment
            Helen,
            I am less than enamored with the new forum, Hoping it's "operator error" on my end. I just got a new MacBook, which helped some, but now thinking I need new iPhone (current 6S is an antique according to my 12 year old granddaughter), and if I am still having issues, I will replace in-home router. All in all, I love seeing the shared creativity -- when I can see it, and "Like" when the buttons function. That said, I appreciate your ideas and willingness to share ideas and your work. Thank you!

• Julie Y. commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Helen
            Yes mine was doing that same thing. I had no buttons to do anything. So I logged out and logged back in and all was fine. Good luck

Here is the centre of my quilt. Looking forward to starting the tall buildings next month.
          Maureen Wood

Comment

• fpevle commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful! Love the bright sunny day in your town.

• Lynn K. commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful color choices !

• Terri S. commented
            Editing a comment
            What a "sunny" and happy quilt. Nice!!

Everyones Roads with Houses look beautiful. You all did such a good job. I'm working on attaching my inner road.

Comment

Originally posted by kbelgie View Post
            My center circle is done, and I'm relieved that it all came together without a hitch. Barbara was right -- it paid off to take my time and use LOTS of pins.
            Thanks for this comment. Most of us don't make quilts this challenging, most of the time. So, it helps to take a deep breath, slow down, and just do one little step after another. Next month will seem like a breeze after this month.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

Came together perfectly! Took my time and used lots of pins. Videos and tips were greatly appreciated. Helps to work on this in the daylight too...lol...
              Mona Smith
              Nelson, BC Canada

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised at the ease in which the center sections came together! The videos and blog were very helpful, thank you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1032 users online. 141 members and 891 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X