Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

COLOR MY WORLD--MONTH 1--Small Houses 1 and 2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm wondering how are you going to handle the trees in you seasonal idea

Comment

These are my seasonal houses. For trees I'll follow the seasonal colors. Winter will be bare branches, can I make them look like snow is on them?

Comment

Here's some windows.

Comment

So much fun.

Comment

Really like your quilt Helen W.

Comment

I’m very late in starting this project but am having fun, I’ve gone with a blue background and using up
              Fabrics from my stash -

Comment

This morning I finally finished th16 small house 1 and 2 blocks. I loved making them. Foundation paper piecing is becoming my favorite way to piece blocks.

Comment

Gorgeous. I am loveing seeing all of these. I haven't decided yet. I was thinking of Kaffe but maybe not.

Comment

I love love love this one. I better hurry up and decide what to do to make mine.

Comment

Finished small houses 1 and 2. Will most like add some additional details and attach roofs so they are one unit. Looking forward to February 1st so I can start attaching things to my whole cloth linen background.
                      ~Carole

Carole Berry

Comment

Just finished small houses 1 and 2. Thank you for all the tips and lovely ideas! (Background is Butterfly Stamp Blue.)

Alexandria, VA

Comment

Originally posted by "nhbaskets" post=154015
                          Finished small houses 1 and 2. Will most like add some additional details and attach roofs so they are one unit. Looking forward to February 1st so I can start attaching things to my whole cloth linen background.
                          ~Carole

Your finished quilt.

I love your houses and all the detailed stitching you added. I thought about doing some on my cotton houses—we’ll see. Just took a Sue Spargo class and this would be a good application. Can’t wait to see

Comment

Love landscape!

Comment

[quote="nhbaskets" post=154015]Finished small houses 1 and 2. Will most like add some additional details and attach roofs so they are one unit. Looking forward to February 1st so I can start attaching things to my whole cloth linen background.
                              ~Carole

Carole, nhbaskets, Your houses are out of this world cute. So perfectly done. You must have a lifetime of embroidery experience
                              to have such perfect stitches. I have never had any desire to do handwork, but I just can't stop going back and looking at your houses.
                              So, do you have any recommendations on where to start for someone that has never done it before? I took notes on your thread type.
                              I believe you said size 8 and 12 pearl cotton. What size needle. Do you have some websites for this type of stitching. If I remember
                              right you said this is your first quilt. Hard to believe, you are nailing it. Just exquisite. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=154038
                                Carole, nhbaskets, Your houses are out of this world cute. So perfectly done. You must have a lifetime of embroidery experience
                                to have such perfect stitches. I have never had any desire to do handwork, but I just can't stop going back and looking at your houses.
                                So, do you have any recommendations on where to start for someone that has never done it before? I took notes on your thread type.
                                I believe you said size 8 and 12 pearl cotton. What size needle. Do you have some websites for this type of stitching. If I remember
                                right you said this is your first quilt. Hard to believe, you are nailing it. Just exquisite. HelenW
                                HelenW—You are too kind. I’ve always been interested in some type of needle work, but with decades-long gaps between project. As I teenager, I did crewel work, but that dwindled in college. I then took up cross stitch when my son was young and did a few felt ornaments after attending a workshop in the early 90’s. Life got in the way and have now just picked up wool appliqué after retiring last February. I joined several Facebook groups on wool appliqué and have learned lots from talented stitchers similar to TQS. Since I did not have any type of a wool stash, a ended up purchasing kits found on the web. A few of my favorite places are Primitive Gatherings, Buttermilk Basin and Jerome Thomas Designs.
                                Facebook groups taught me about Valdani thread. Prior to that I only knew about DCM floss. For Color my World, I’m using mostly Valdani pearl cotton in size 12, which is basically the weight of two strands of floss, but one thread. Since I only had a few balls that I’d purchased with kits, I took a road trip to a shop in Maine to gather two dozen colors, mostly variegated, as that’s what they mostly had. I also learned that chenille 22 or 24 needles work great with Valdani. When in ME, I picked up Sue Spargo’s Creative Stitching book which is an amazing how-to of stitches I didn’t know existed. Looking forward to practicing many of these and incorporating them into this quilt.
                                Yes, this is my first quilt. I’m going to lean on my SIL when it comes to needing a sewing machine as the Kenmore I received for college graduation 40+ years ago hasn’t seen the light of day for at least 30 years.
                                I have a feeling that quilting, and a new machine, will be part of my retirement life in years to come.
                                ~Carole
                                Carole Berry

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2385 users online. 218 members and 2167 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X