Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

COLOR MY WORLD--MONTH 1--Small Houses 1 and 2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little Clover

mini iron has really been great for these little house blocks.

Comment

To NHBaskets: Your selection of wools looks so yummy! Really looking forward to seeing it evolve--hope you will share lots of photos!

Comment

You are not losing it,lol. Jan 1st WAS mentioned, that’s prob why you were looking so hard, it just got dated dec 29th.
        You have all the info we all have, feb 1st, Mariner’s compass pattern comes out.
        Hang tough, paper piecing still kicking me, will attack tomor.
        Good luck !

Comment

My first 16 houses. I loved this way to paper piece. Having the sizes listed helped although the door piece for house 2 could have been bigger. So I added 1/2 inch as I am using novelty fabrics in my doors and windows.

Comment

Oh, don't give up! It gets easier.

Comment

Hello from New Brunswick, Canada.
              I'm going to try this beautiful project.
              My question: Will one layer cake 10'' X 10'' be enough for the houses & buildings please?

Comment

Found the answer. Sorry to take your time!!

Comment

Originally posted by "yooperquilter" post=153577
                  Wondering if there was a definitive answer on whether on not the fabric should be prewashed?
                  I am not pre-washing my fabric because I'm using this quilt for a Wall Hanging. If I were going to have Color My World for a bed quilt, I would pre-wash the fabric.
                  This is my 'opinion'. Lesley

Comment

Carole,
                    Your wool felt is absolutely beautiful!
                    I am excited to see how you use it!!
                    Are you still going to take a trip to pick out Valdani threads soon?

I suggest that you test a few threads on your felt before you go, to see what works best for you. Size 5 perle cotton, and/or size 8? Variagated and/or solid colors?

You don't even have to cut a house piece out to do this. I learned that I can test/practice my stitches on the wool felt, and then snip them out with embroidery stitches, and the felt looks as good as new afterwards, without cutting it.

Judy

Comment

Originally posted by "JudithA" post=153579
                      Carole,
                      Your wool felt is absolutely beautiful!
                      I am excited to see how you use it!!
                      Are you still going to take a trip to pick out Valdani threads soon?

I suggest that you test a few threads on your felt before you go, to see what works best for you. Size 5 perle cotton, and/or size 8? Variagated and/or solid colors?

You don't even have to cut a house piece out to do this. I learned that I can test/practice my stitches on the wool felt, and then snip them out with embroidery stitches, and the felt looks as good as new afterwards, without cutting it.

Judy
                      Hi Judy,

I just finished pressing the freezer paper to my wool felt for houses 1 and 2. Tonight I plan to cut everything out. Hoping to take the road trip on Saturday for the Valdani. I’ve used 8 and 12 before and was teetering between the two. Thanks for your suggestion on doing a test run. Totally makes sense. Love the variegated, which is mostly what I already have, so will have to see once I get there.

Thank you for keeping me excited about this monumental project!

Best, Carole
                      Carole Berry

Comment

Finished my first 16 houses from my stash. It was such a fun to make. Wish it would be first of February to continue

Comment

I hope I am posting this in the right place.
                          Help. I booboo'd while cutting the curved top of Small House #1, making the freezer paper pattern 1/8" short on one end (the 'k' piece). I didn't notice it until I had 4 houses cut short. Will I need to re-cut and replace these or will it matter once it is inserted into the circle and trees appliqued over them? Please advise. I hate to rip them out and "waste" more of my background fabric if I don't need to.

Comment

Originally posted by "carrolllee" post=153605
                            I hope I am posting this in the right place.
                            Help. I booboo'd while cutting the curved top of Small House #1, making the freezer paper pattern 1/8" short on one end (the 'k' piece). I didn't notice it until I had 4 houses cut short. Will I need to re-cut and replace these or will it matter once it is inserted into the circle and trees appliqued over them? Please advise. I hate to rip them out and "waste" more of my background fabric if I don't need to.
                            Carrolllee, look at the finished quilt, you will see the trees cover the corner edges of the Small Houses so you will be all right. At least you caught it at only 4. Take a deep breath and carry on.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Love the colors & patterns of your chosen fabrics!

Comment

I’m just giddy. This is my first ever quilt and I’m going rogue doing it with wool felt on linen. My felt arrived yesterday and I spent last night mapping out my houses. This afternoon I ironed the freezer paper templates for houses 1 and 2 and cut them out tonight. This just makes me smile. Saturday I’m on the hunt for my linen background and Valdani thread so I can start stitching. Won’t be able to stitch the houses onto the background until after we get the compass in month 2 or after. Still deciding on going with inner road, garden or a combination. So happy I stumbled across this wonderful community. Thank you to Barbara, HelenW, Judy and others for your support and encouragement.

Carole Berry

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2385 users online. 218 members and 2167 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X