Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 1, Part 2–The Applique Blocks

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m blaming deteriorating eyesight, but I was frustrated with my attempts with both needle-turned edges and turned edges with a foundation, so I’ll be fusing my appliqué with raw edges. I’m using monofilament thread and a small single blanket stitch. Glad to have the first set done!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Hating to waste any fabric, I have decided to save the cut away portion of the fusible applique blocks and work them
      into a wildlife quilt I started about a month ago. The first one I just cut out I am putting the extra onto a tree trunk in an eagle
      block I am working on. I decided on a color palette that will let me use the fabrics in both quilts. HelenW

Comment

Helen,
        Beautiful eagle! I love eagles. I visited a Raptor sanctuary for injured raptors in North Carolina. I believe your eagle quilt is the nicest one I have seen so far.

I have been thinking about using fabrics for two quilts.
        I have a Primitive Quilts kit with fabrics that I keep eying, thinking they would work well in this Afternoon Delight quilt.

I think I will cut the pieces for the Primitive Quilts kit now, put them aside and use the scraps in the Afternoon Delight quilt.
        However, it has a lot of dark reds. I will have to prewash them first. Sigh.

Judy

Comment

Your blocks look wonderful, Margo. I'm normally a needleturner but I'm shaking it up a bit, just as a bit of relief for me, so I'm fusing but then doing a blanket stitch with embroidery floss. Looking forward to these blocks and having some time to finish off other needleturned quilts namely Baltimore Garden which I am handquilting.

Comment

Great idea and looks great.

Taree NSW - Australia
            My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Judy, I too love eagles. The eagle is a Toni Whitney pattern. I have used it in a number of projects. I just change the size and put it in different scenes.
              On lake Coeur d' Alene Idaho we have a migration of eagles that come thru in Dec. for the kokanee fish spawning. We normally get between one and two hundred eagles.
              They are awesome to watch. HelenW

Comment

Adding some Afternoon Delight mini's to make my yet to be quilted Sizzle just a little more beautiful. I could not come up with a quilting
                plan for Sizzle, so it remains a UFO. While working on my applique I thought they might look good if I reduced the size to 4 inches
                and put them in the intersections of the Sizzle quilt. I like like it. I love taking parts of one quilt and working them into parts of something else.
                HelenW

Comment

Very clever, Helen!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  North Alabama, USA
                  "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What a great idea!!! I'm always looking at different patterns to think about how I could do something a bit different, so my quilt won't look too much like every other quilt using the pattern. I didn't do Sizzle, yet, but I will keep this idea in mind, in case I decide to do it at some point.

Diane in Colorado Springs

Comment

Wow that looks awesome!
                      Deb from Toronto
                      http://www.patchworksanity.blogspot.com

Comment

Noticed this and thought it was interesting. I might end up doing a horizontal layout since I like the look of the
                        double nine patch actually looking like they are on point. Might be a problem if fussy cutting applique blocks
                        like the cute dogs in center in the shoo fly block. Probably won't decide for a while. HelenW

Comment

This morning I decided to trim my blocks for Month 1. I did not have the template plastic that Barbara so smartly came up with, so I drew a 7 and 1/4 inch square with
                          reference lines. That concept is the same. But to keep it from shifting I use clear scotch tape to tape it to the appliqué block. To find the exact placement I ironed the block half both
                          ways. Put a pin in the center spot thru the paper and the block. Made sure the lines lined up with ironed lines, then taped in place. Took it to my cutting mat and
                          trimmed the block. N

o shifting of paper on block. I used painters tape just to show where I would have put the scotch tape. No need to pull the tape off either the paper
                          template or the trimmed off area. Worked great for me. HelenW

Comment

Good thinking, Helen

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Margo, these are lovely!

Comment

Greetings, and happy February! In my first post I declared that due to time constraints I would do raw edge applique. But in seeing all your blocks and watching the appliquick show again, I was inspired. I saw that many were having difficulty finding the Quilter's Select fuse product, so I went on their website and was happy to see that one local shop carried it. I zipped in on my way home from work and got the last package!!! So this morning I prepped the first applique block in about 3 hours. Roughly arranged but not sewn yet. I sewed a tube for the stems rather than turning edges. I most likely won't keep up, but after I retire at the end of July, I will get back on schedule, I'm sure. Thanks for all the posts and inspiration.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2394 users online. 229 members and 2165 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X