Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Sew a Long Using Quick and Easy Block Tool
    Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
    I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
  • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
  • Not a “Bot”
    Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
  • MONTH 9 — Ask Questions Here
    No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
    I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
  • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
  • Not a “Bot”
    I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
  • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
    I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
    Thank your for letting me know!
    All the pattern pieces are now available. I chose to provide the background shape for the outer Fan border in Month 2. It...
    The pattern piece is under month 2 patterns. I missed it too.
    Am I correct that we do not yet have all the pattern pieces for this quilt? I was looking for the outermost piece of the...
  • Suggestion Amazing new artist
    I don’t know how to email Quilt Show but Alex please look at this artist quilter. I have never seen technique like this!...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

New Group created for 2015 BOM

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the good idea, Andree - I'm not at the 9-patch yet, but think I may PP them too.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Please can you help. Rita posted a link for a video showing how to make 2 nine patch blocks with 2 squares and I can't find it. I'm half way through and can't remember the next step

Comment

Wendy, Renata and Chickadee these blocks are all lovely. I haven't started this years BOM but after seeing your blocks I really want to start the 2015 BOM, I must quilt the 2014 BOM first. I am missing being part of the BOM gang this year
        Best Wishes Pam

Comment

I didn't make it last year but still came on to chat.

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=126463
            Please can you help. Rita posted a link for a video showing how to make 2 nine patch blocks with 2 squares and I can't find it. I'm half way through and can't remember the next step
            Was it the Billie Lauder method? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBRrBJ_EqM

Comment

Originally posted by "Pemela" post=126464
              ... I haven't started this years BOM but after seeing your blocks I really want to start the 2015 BOM, I must quilt the 2014 BOM first. I am missing being part of the BOM gang this year
              Best Wishes Pam
              Not to throw you off kilter, Pam, when I was working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, "Celtic Solstice," last year, she suggested that each time instructions came out, to do as much as you could even if you did not finish and when the next set of instructions came out, start that and whenever you had a bit of time, go back and finish up whatever was left over from the first set of instructions.

If you can, you might join us and do as much as you can of Month One of the 2015 BOM while quilting the 2014 one. If you can't finish Month One in time, start on the pieces for Month Two with the rest of us when the instructions come out and do what you can. When the 2014 BOM quilting is done, you can always play catch-up on the 2015 one but at least you will have made some headway on it every month. As long as you can do individual blocks, where one month does not have to be joined to another month's work yet, there's probably no harm in working on BOM 2015 in bits and pieces.

Just trying to entice you!... :cheer: :evil:

Comment

that should work.

Thanks Andree that's the one.

A tip if your 1/4" is sometimes a few threads out - when you are cutting the piece to 1" place the 3/4" line on your ruler on the seam, works a treat.

Comment

Yes it is the Billie Lauder method. Are you making full size or 1/2 size. I'm making 1/2 size and started with 2 3 inch squares

If you need help I can post pictures.

Comment

Yes 1/2 size, thanks I've cracked it now.

Comment

Wendy, I love your block. You have a special knack for artistic interpretation. Well done.
                      Judy

Comment

Do have a look at the photos in the Group. There's a block with lovely shaggy sheep.

Comment

Is there
                          One place I can go to to see everyone's pics or do I have to go through each page of posts to date?

Comment

We've been posting pics here while making them and then they are posted on the group folder https://thequiltshow.com/community/photos/photo?albumid=11449959&groupid=100005&photoid=1267 57

Several posted on here haven't made it to the folder yet but I'm sure they will.

Comment

Thanks Wendy they all look good

Comment

January completed.

I really enjoyed the needle turn hearts in the end and improved a bit, I used YLI silk 100 thread but the fine needle gave up on me. The little squares were fun too and I learned new techniques. Roll on Feb and all that applique, I'll find some straw, milliners or something else needles by then.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1478 users online. 373 members and 1105 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,245   Posts: 155,350   Members: 26125   Active Members: 1,045  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
                                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
                                  I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
                                • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                                  I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
                                • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
                                • Not a “Bot”
                                  Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
                                  No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
                                  I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
                                • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
                                • Not a “Bot”
                                  I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
                                • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
                                  I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
                                • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X