Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Marking Quilting/Stitching Lines on 2014 BOM

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marking Quilting/Stitching Lines on 2014 BOM

Janet, what did you use to mark your quilting lines on this quilt? I am always so wary of using something that won't come out. I see that there is now an "iron off" pounce product, but I've not tried it. Also, is the quilting grid used 1/2 inch or 1 inch? Thank you for your help. I LOVE this quilt and my goal is to make it as perfect as I am able to do!

I agree, Beverly. This quilt has been a joy to make.

Comment

I agree with Susan and Beverly this quilt has been a joy to make! Pam in Scotland

Comment

Beverley I reckon those must be 1/2" grids because they are so small. I used 1" grid markings for mine wherever I did the grids and they look a lot bigger than Janet's. I have just finished quilting mine and I have to say that the pounce pad was not great because it does not stay on enough to work for a grid. This is a big quilt and once you have the quilt rubbing against itself the pounce pad lines rub off. I had to remark several times. I really found the best thing to be a frixion pen on the light colours and either the Bohin chalk pen or the Ultimate Marking Pencil from Hancy on the dark fabrics. Good luck with it, it's a monster to quilt but if you stitch in the ditch around each sashing to start then you only need to worry about a block at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the information, Rita. I bet it feels good to be finished with the quilting. Do you have any idea of how many hours it took you to do it? And you got it done it in time for Christmas!! I hope you'll post a picture!

Comment

I reckon it took me about 50+ hours to quilt. I did about 2 days just SID-ing and then listened to a 38 hour long audiobook while quilting the rest. (Otherwise I would not have had a clue :lol: ) I posted photos in the 2014 BOM group.

Comment

Originally posted by "Reetzbobeetz" post=124990
              I did about 2 days just SID-ing and then listened to a 38 hour long audiobook while quilting the rest.
              What book? We're always looking for a good recommendation.

Comment

Rita I have just seen your quilt and it looks amazing. Congratulations, it must feel good to have it finished. I will remember your tip about ditch stitching in the sashing of each block when I start mine as it is a BIG quilt.
                Best Wishes Pam

Comment

Rita, thanks for sharing your quilting pictures with us! Beautiful swirls perfect for the blocks. What types of thread did you use for the swirls and the snowflakes? And your Christmas tree with the tiny buttons and star for the top is just so happy!

Comment

Beverley, almost all the quilting was done with Hemmingworth embroidery threads - 'Maize', 'Marshmallow', 'Rummy Raisin' and a gold metallic for the snowflakes and the crosshatching in the 9-patches - as well as YLI invisible thread for the SID.

Susan, the book was Birds Without Wings by Louis deBernieres - a very graphic and poetic novel about Turkey during WWI. I have just started listening to The Goldfinch by Donna Tart which is also a great listen.

Comment

Rita The Goldfinch is another long one. It's really good and lasted me through a big project last year. I'll have to check out Birds Without Wings.
                      Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Rita your quilt is stunning! You have inspired me to get busy and finish mine! Janet

Comment

Rita thanks for the info on thread. I've not used Hemingworth embroidery thread, but I've just seen it at the Button co and will be ordering it to quilt my BOM 2014. Your quilt is so unique both the way that you have interpreted the pattern and the quilting.
                          Best Wishes Pam

Comment

OK I am lost. Trying to see Rita's BOM and went to "Member BOM Quilts" under see quilts. Don't know how to find it without looking through everything. Can someone please give me a clue. Sorry, to be such a pain.

Comment

Lois...clk on the group icon...right side of community pg....Rita's quilt is top left right now. Click on it and her album shows up and you can see it and some of her blocks !! And the quilting, too. Should work !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2882 users online. 560 members and 2322 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X