Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Fractions not priinting

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fractions not priinting

Up until the June 1 blocks, my patterns have printed out correctly. Now in June the first page printed the fractions such as 1 1/2 or 3 3/4, and the following pages print out with the whole number, e.g. 1 or 3 followed by a square shape. I have had to go back and write in the fractions. Once in a while the actual fraction will print. Has anyone else had this problem? This is quite annoying as there really isn't that much space to fill in the fraction. I've corrected 2 blocks and am getting more annoyed with each page. I know that I will have lots of cutting errors. I don't think it's any printer setting as some of the fractions print out and all earlier months printed out fine. I may have to use my laptop to refer to when cutting

I had this problem on the May directions and didn't know it until I was cutting fabric. I downloaded pattern as soon as it was posted. After finding mistake I went back and reprinted and the numbers were correct. I will certainly check in future. June was fine, no problem.

I love this quilt and am grateful for TQS.

Comment

I have the same problem with the June blocks. After reading your note I went back and re printed them, still no fractions.
      I hope this does not continue, I am now redoing the basket and the P block.
      Janet

Comment

Janet, you might contact Bob the web guru. He may give you suggestions to help.

Comment

If we get them to print out one month, and not the next, are we changing computers or has some software on our computer changed? Are images blocked somehow? Are we using the latest Adobe Reader? I tried to make the printout mess up and couldn't. I think the gurus will need to know what computer, what operating system, what Adobe Reader, etc.

Comment

Nothing has changed, same computer, same system.
            The first 5 months printed out with no problems, and I did not start until April to print them out.
            Janet

Comment

I just printed the pattern for July and the first page printed fine and the rest did not print the fractions but put a square where the fraction should be. Just want to make folks aware so you don't cut pieces the wrong size and waste fabric. I know others have had this problem before so it is not my printer. Check your pages if you have small squares next to cutting sizes.

Comment

I have had this problem with printing at times and usually it is something with the pdf--maybe adobe reader needed an update or I just closed it and tried again and it worked.
                Deborah W

Comment

FYI - Same issue as everyone else starting this month and nothing has changed on my system. I reduced some pages to 100% which worked on most, but then had to go down to 90% and I never could get page 5 to print the fractions no matter what. Now I have to re-cut some fabric that I didn't catch sooner.

Comment

Peggy, would you please try going up in size to get fractions to print...like about 120%? This obviously won't work for the appliques, but it might to get the fractions to show. I can't get mine to Not print fractions, so can't test this.

Comment

Susan,
                      That's where I started from; I think it was at 135% and I went down from there, 125 and so on until it printed correctly at 100% and then finally 90%.
                      Peggy

Comment

Please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe...

Andrée

Comment

I have just printed out the August BOM and have no numbers at all, just empty squares. Last month there were no problems. Any suggestions ?
                          Janet

Comment

I have Adobe Reader XI. I download the pdf to my computer and print from my own file. In this reader, under File/Properties there is a tab that says Fonts with a list of fonts used in the document. You might see if these are blocked or disabled on your computer somehow. These are normal Adobe system fonts.

I can send you my pdf that I know is working if you send me a private email. Someone else said that at one point in the day she got not numbers, later she was able to print.

If you are looking for suggestions on how to fix this, the Adobe Reader version, computer operating system, and browser information as well as printer information might be helpful.

I asked my big brother computer guru about this problem. He seems to think it's a setting within Adobe or in the fonts. Unfortunately, this happens to very few people so it's hard to figure out.

Comment

See Peggy's response above. Make sure you are printing at 100%.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2021 users online. 174 members and 1847 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X