Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

K block - errors?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K block - errors?

I just completed the K block and noticed a couple of issues in the directions.
    It says to cut 6 green squares - it appears that you only need 4, maybe I missed something.
    On the center square, it says to cut one piece of black and cut crosswise - you only end up with 2 triangles and need 4 - I tried cutting each in half again and the resulting square was too small. :roll:

I noticed the same thing. Glad I haven't sewn anything yet.

Comment

And I have seen an error in the block size of the "M". It should be 8" x 7" (finished). That's important if we are to follow Julie's advice to cut the bottom strip (water) a little bigger in order to have room to re-cut to correct size.

Andrée

Comment

Originally posted by CFalk
        I just completed the K block and noticed a couple of issues in the directions.
        It says to cut 6 green squares - it appears that you only need 4, maybe I missed something.
        On the center square, it says to cut one piece of black and cut crosswise - you only end up with 2 triangles and need 4 - I tried cutting each in half again and the resulting square was too small. :roll:
        For the K block, you need 2 black (#19) squares 2 1/8", then cut diagonally. For the green (#6), you only need 4 squares, NOT 6. Sorry about the errors. ops: I will get it fixed on the pattern. Thanks for spotting them!
        Back to Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by AndreeBergeron
          And I have seen an error in the block size of the "M". It should be 8" x 7" (finished). That's important if we are to follow Julie's advice to cut the bottom strip (water) a little bigger in order to have room to re-cut to correct size.

Andrée
          As for the M block, according to my measurements, the cut size of 8 1/2 x 9 1/2 on the pattern is correct. I didn't cut the strip (water) larger, and if the background was 7 x 8 finished, it wouldn't be large enough for the letter M. Am I missing something here Andree? :?
          Back to Quilting!

Comment

No, you are right Janet. If all is measured and cut accurately, and pieced with an exact 1/4 inch, it will be on target. I was just mentioning a comment in Julie Cefalu's video - to cut some pieces a tad larger, in order to have room to cut exactly to size at the end. But now that I watched it again, it was for the width not for the height that she mentioned it. But I will do it for the height as well -as I'm working half-size, the margin for error is almost to none.

It was just the measurement for the block size - Since the background is 8-1/2 x 9-1/2, the block size needs to be 8X 7 (not 4 x 4) finished to get a panel 8" x 16" fnished.

Andrée

Comment

I presume I should cut the template on the solid line as that is the measurement, sorry to appear so dim, but doing good for my first bit quilt on TQS
              Irene 1

Comment

Originally posted by irene1
                I presume I should cut the template on the solid line as that is the measurement, sorry to appear so dim, but doing good for my first bit quilt on TQS
                Irene 1
                Yes, Irene, you will cut on the solid line.
                Back to Quilting!

Comment

I'm sorry to be such a pain, but the "dotted" line is the 1-15/16"...

While figuring out the half-size, I printed the page at 50% and the Template is not accurate for our purpose. So I checked again, and the dotted line is the "good" line to cut at for full-size (but not for half-size: we have to remove first the 1/4 seem allowance from that dotted line and trace a line, and then with this new square, print it at 50%, and once it is printed, add back 1/4 inch. This should measure 1-7/32".)

Or Am I missing something?

Andrée

Comment

Donna Lynn Thomas has an On-Point Ruler by Omnigrid that cuts perfect sizes for the center of the square-in-a-square block. 1-7/32" is correct for the half size that finishes at 1". Those are going to be some tiny corners though! I think I would paper piece them.

Comment

Originally posted by ajclapp
                      Donna Lynn Thomas has an On-Point Ruler by Omnigrid that cuts perfect sizes for the center of the square-in-a-square block. 1-7/32" is correct for the half size that finishes at 1". Those are going to be some tiny corners though! I think I would paper piece them.
                      That's what I plan to do. I drew this in EQ7 and printed my sheet...

Andrée

Comment

Thankyou Jjanet, I measured my template and it is accurate on the solid line, no stopping me now - although here in UK we have lovely weather for our Bank Holiday, anytime is sewing tine.
                        Thanks again
                        Irene 1

Comment

Thankyou Jjanet, I measured my template and it is accurate on the solid line, no stopping me now - although here in UK we have lovely weather for our Bank Holiday, anytime is sewing tine.
                          Thanks again
                          Irene 1
                          There must be something I don't see... When I printed the instructions (the very first day), on the "K" page ,I checked my 1" square for accuracy, and then, the "solid line" measures 2-7/16"... The dotted line measures 1-15/16". Is it only me?

Andrée

Comment

Originally posted by AndreeBergeron
                            Thanks again
                            Irene 1
                            There must be something I don't see... When I printed the instructions (the very first day), on the "K" page ,I checked my 1" square for accuracy, and then, the "solid line" measures 2-7/16"... The dotted line measures 1-15/16". Is it only me?

Andrée
                            Hmmmm, just printed one out myself, Andree, and you are right. The DOTTED line is 1 15/16". SOOOO, that means, if anyone is using the template, CUT on the dotted line. I'll see about getting that fixed! Thanks, Andree!
                            Back to Quilting!

Comment

My pleasure! I'm sorry to have insisted like that... It's just that I try to double-check everything when I figure out the half-size measurements... And I wished I could have used the printed version at 50%, but I couldn't... To use the printed 50%, the SEEM line has to be printed..

Andrée

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2043 users online. 190 members and 1853 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X