Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Fusible Web

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusible Web

Thank you Janet for the new alternative for fusible webbing...I have been sitting here for about an hour trying to peel off the paper from Lite EZ-Steam II.. I' m done I am so fustrated with the product...anyone have any tips...I hate to waste fabric but this is going in the trash can!!!! Is it me or are others having the same problem... :cry:

Originally posted by lakeeriequilter
    Thank you Janet for the new alternative for fusible webbing...I have been sitting here for about an hour trying to peel off the paper from Lite EZ-Steam II.. I' m done I am so fustrated with the product...anyone have any tips...I hate to waste fabric but this is going in the trash can!!!! Is it me or are others having the same problem... :cry:
    You may find some helpful info in this forum topic: http://forum/i-need-quilting-related...fused-applique
    Especially see Debbie's comment at the top of page 2.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I run a sharp object like my pointed tweezers or a pin for an inch down the middle of the piece and then peel so I leave the edges alone. Having said this, I'm not using the new SAS Lite

Comment

I bought the steam a seam 2 from Joann's. It has a yellow package and a stiff waxy paper backing. I'm so disappointed with their "new" product. It simply doesn't come off the backing and have also spent way roo much time fabric and effort on this. So if you think for a second that it would work for you, don't waist yout $$$.

Comment

I just did my letters last night for the first 6 blocks. I tried the "Soft Fuse" product for the first time and really liked it. Not stiff at all and my machine handles it beautifully.

Comment

I agree with the original poster. I can't get the E-Z steam stuff to peel off. No way, no how. The letter turns out stretched and thread worn. This is my first attempt at quilting so I thought it was me. I searched the internet to find Lite Steam-a-seam 2 and everyone is out of stock. Our Jo-Ann's only has the E-Z steam stuff. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I just found out that Steam-a-Seam is no longer available. Their web site says that they lost their paper supplier. They have found another one but they have a way to go before they will be making the product again.

Comment

I am reposting below what I wrote in the forum that Margo referred to. I love, love, love the Soft Fuse product and the service from http://www.SewThankful.com is very, very fast. I just reordered another 5 yards to continue working on the Ewe & Me and other projects and it was delivered in about three days. Please be aware that the Pellon EZ Steam from JoAnns is not Steam A Seam...it is not even close and it is deceptive advertising for them to market it the way they do on the package! Obviously no one at Pellon has tried the product for what it intended to do. Shame on you Pellon!

Here is what I wrote: "Since SAS II is no longer available...at least for a while, I did find a fusible that is very good. It is not as repositionable as SAS, but it is soft and works well. It is called Fusi-Bond Lite Adhesive from Sew Lazy by Lazy Girl Designs. I was able to purchase it by the yard at http://www.sewthankful.com and the price, even with shipping was very reasonable. I ordered five yards at $2.89 each and the shipping was only $3.99.

I had also purchased the Pellon EZ Steam fusible at JoAnns and it was disgusting. I bought several packages (when notions were 1/2 price) thinking it would be similar to SAS, but it wasn't even close. It is supposed to be machine friendly, but my needle gunked up with ever stitch. I wanted to trace my design on the cover paper, but the paper was so slick not even a Sharpie would work. I returned all of it and did buy Wonder Under, which was better.

However, I still recommend the Fusi-Bond over the Wonder Under and I will be using it on my BOM since there is no SAS II left in the world."

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for this, Debbie. This is good information.

We need a "favorites" button, so we can remember where to find information. Right now, the only way I know to do this is to respond, so at least I can look under "View your posts".

Comment

Originally posted by suehenyon
                    Thanks for this, Debbie. This is good information.

We need a "favorites" button, so we can remember where to find information. Right now, the only way I know to do this is to respond, so at least I can look under "View your posts".
                    Sue, that is a great idea for keeping tract of Forum posts. Remember, however, if all else fails, ask Margo!! She has an incredible memory and always knows where we can locate something. There is a 'favorite' heart button on the regular area of the site, but it could be useful on the Forum too. Maybe you could suggest that to John.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Debbie, I missed your first post on this, but have now ordered myself the fusible. Thanks for the information!

Comment

I too miss SAS however, I have used heat 'n bond light for appliques and have success, no gummy needles or other problems. My BOM letters are looking just fine with the heat 'n bond light. I love soft fuse but it is just too expensive, in my opinion, for the amount needed for this quilt. I do a lot of machine applique/embroidered machine applique and always purchase a bolt with my JoAnn's coupons. Find what works for you and your budget and enjoy stitching.
                        Maria

Comment

LOL! Man o man, Debbie, do I have you fooled! :lol: :lol: :lol:
                          I remember so very little, but can usually track things down with the search function on the forum.
                          I totally agree that it would help to have the "favorite heart" button on the forum!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2107 users online. 240 members and 1867 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X