Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Half-size measurements

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuiltedRose
    For applique thread, you might try Invisifil by Wonderfil. It's 100 wt polyester - much less expensive than silk, available in single spools or packs with coordinated threads, and available online. You can use a 60 sharp needle with it. Susan Cleveland recommended it to me, an it's beautiful stuff!
    I didn't think of that, and it's a great idea. I'll try it - I usually use this thread for paper piecing -since it so thin, but still strong, as well as bobbin thread in embroidery.

I'll let you know how it comes out... The other thing, it's the color... I don't know what to choose!!! :?

Andrée

Comment

COLORADO BEAUTY :
      That was a much easier block to figure out than the basket was....

Cut squares of 2" in selected colors.
      Background fabric - cut 3-1/2" x 3-1/2".

After sewing the HST, trim them to 1-1/4"

Step 2 - I did exactly as per instructions. That was so easy with the seam "locking"!
      Step 3 - I did one thing different. Instead of pressing the seam open, I pressed to one side, and opposite on each row, so that when I sew them, the seam would "lock". Each row should measure 1-1/4" X 3-1/2".

Step 4 - The block should measure 3-1/2" x 3-1/2".

Step 5 - The completed panel should measure 3-1/2" x 6-1/2".

Comment

Andrée, I love your instructions.

living in Central Denmark
        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

DUCK AND DUCKLING:
          I cut #20, #21 as mentioned in the instructions. I knew they were going to be much bigger than required.
          #1 (red) - 2 squares 2" x2" (as per instructions) ; 1 square 1" x 1"
          #17 (yellow) - 1 strip 1" x 6-1/2"
          #6 (green) - 1 strip 1" x 6-1/2"
          Background - 2 strips 1" x 3"
          1 strip 1" x 4"
          1 rectangle 3-1/2 x 4

Step 1 - as per instruction, but trim HST unit to 1"

Step 2 - as per instructions.
          Step 3 - Lay ruler on the triangle unit and align the short sides of red triangle with the 3/4" marks.

Continue as per instructions. The short sides of the triangle unit should be 1-7/8" unfinished.

Step 4 - as per instructions, but trim the "teal" edge (red in my case) so unit measures 1-1/2".

Next step... next post

Comment

Step 5 -sew the strips, and cut into 4 segments, each 1" x 1-1/2" :

Step 6 as per instructions.
            Step 7-as per instructions. The completed block should measure 3" x 3" edge to edge:

Step 8 - Sew 1" x 3"background strips to the top and bottom. Then sew the 1" x 4" to right side of the block.
            Step 9 - Sew the remaining background fabric to left side. Position "D" so it is even with the bottom of the block, and the left edge is 3/4"away from the left raw edge. I chose to move it a little to the left, so there is no overlap.
            The completed panel should measure 4" x 6-1/2"

Comment

Cute

living in Central Denmark
              Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

I'm having a hard time imagining what these little cuties look like in person because they look huge on screen. Next time you post, would you put a coffee mug next to one. ops: to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by suehenyon
                  I'm having a hard time imagining what these little cuties look like in person because they look huge on screen. Next time you post, would you put a coffee mug next to one. ops: to ask.
                  You are right... Will a spool of Mettler thread do? Here you go:

I finally chose my thread and started to blanket-stitch. It's Marathon Rayon on top, with Wunderfil Invisafil in the bobbin, 70 needle.
                  Andrée

Comment

wow!
                    The colors are pretty awesome, too!

Comment

WOWZERS! Andrée, it is not only tiny, but your colors are wonderful!! Luv the gradation on the "f" block!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thank you! Not sure about my "theme" yet - seaside with bright colored sailboat or butterfly/flowers... That's why I didn't put the stars.
                        We'll see how it goes in the next months...

Andrée

Comment

Well, this was looking like too much fun, so dug out some batiks and made the half-scale blocks. It is a good way to task yourself without being totally impossible! You certainly cannot rush or break any of the "rules". Starch is my friend! I will post a picture of the full scale version as well as the half-scale for comparison. I like both, but the half-scale blocks are just too cute! And thank you for the assists with the measurements.

Comment

Those are just amazing. And it it great seeing two such different colourways on the same page too.

Comment

Carolyn Those are just tooooooo cute Great colours Joan

Comment

Beautiful work, Carolyn!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1991 users online. 169 members and 1822 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X