Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Here we GOOOOO!! 2014 BOM!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quiltea
    Janet, on the show you mentioned that you use Masterpiece thread in the bobbin. Do you try to match all the Magnifico colors that you use on the top, or can you recommend a few neutrals so we don't have to buy so many different spools.
    I do use the same or similar color of bobbin thread as the top. Probably any 50 weight cotton would work fine. I just use Masterpiece because I have a lot of it, but I also like Aurifil and YLI. If you want to use a neutral color, I would choose a darker tan for the darker colors and a lighter gray for the lighter colors. Just be sure and test your stitching to make sure the bobbin thread doesn't show on the top.
    Back to Quilting!

Comment

I just bit the bullet & filled bobbins with each color we're using. I can't stand a different color peeking up from the bobbin & it seems like no matter how much I lower the upper tension, the issue remains with the blanket stitching. Matching color makes this un-noticeable.

I'm thinking that there's no way we'll use all of any one color throughout the quilt, even filling bobbins as needed.

Comment

I think I'll do the same, Susan. Good thinking!

Comment

So Susan, you're using Magnifico in the bobbin as well as on top? Don't know why I thought I couldn't do that. Good thinking. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by quiltea
            So Susan, you're using Magnifico in the bobbin as well as on top? Don't know why I thought I couldn't do that. Good thinking. Thanks again.
            Yes, unless another brand seems like a better color!

Comment

I took a 3 day class last fall with Pat Holly who, as most of you know, does raw-edge appliqué also. Her bobbin thread of choice is Bottom Line. She said that she purchased several of each color shades then uses whichever matches the closest to the top thread that she is using. By doing that, she doesn't have to have a bobbin for every single color of top thread. As long as the shade is close, you will be just fine. I started doing that and am loving it!! Eventually I'll probably have the whole Bottom Line collection :roll: but at least I will always know what kind of thread is in the bobbins I have!!

Comment

Started Friday night. I do love all the precise directions and especially the pressing ones. Working from mostly my stash and using my regular rulers. Thanks for all the pictures too. I think I will be safe and just use plain black thread to do the appliqué. Might even do just a straight stitch. Using the knee lift is a big help. But for now piecing and fusing till I decide for sure.

denise

Comment

Just to stir up a bit of forum activity and share an interesting article...See that trick with vinegar? Next time my ornery fabrics bleed, I'll add salt to!

I hope ya'll are getting lots of quilting done!

http://tinyurl.com/l4u6nbt

Comment

You know when I was a kid I remember my mom putting our swim suits in vinegar and water to set the color so they wouldn't fade when we went swimming in the local pool(all that chlorine).

Comment

Good trick.
                      I remember when I sewed silk fabric, and I did'nt want to have it "dryClean", the sales Lady told me exactly that: to add salt in the water, so it wouldn't fade, and add vinegar in the rinsing water to keep it "crisp".

Andrée

Comment

Ritzy and Andrée,
                        are you two snowed in???

Comment

No snow... but it is COLD!!!! Temperatures will drop at -15 Celcius tonight... And tomorrow it will rise up to Freezing point, with sun - so it should be a nice day...

Andrée

Comment

Nope, just a few new inches of snow yesterday--we are still able to get out and about. Some warmer weather due tomorrow and then more snow on Saturday--we will see.

Comment

:roll: Raining lots (for here) Melting what snow we had.....you all got yours and all of ours too ! :shock:
                              Heck of a deal !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Marilyn...take it back! Actually, we're on a heat wave here...just freezing. I did a conversion to see how Andree is doing...don't remember exactly...15 degrees F? Freezing a** cold I'd say!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1986 users online. 153 members and 1833 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X