Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Quilt Show Through WII

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Show Through WII

I just bought a WII for my kids for christmas. They love but now I love it. I really am not into video games but the other night my one son was on the computer and needed the printer. Therefor I couldn't have it. I know what ashame. :roll: That is when my 11 year old showed me how to check my e-mail through the WII :!: :idea:
    Then he showed me how to watch a show. Granted it was one of his shows. The deal was we watch his show then he will show me how to do it. :roll: I know lessons from an 11 year old :lol: :shock: It was awesome. Now if I could just get it to do it again :lol: I can be comfortable and watch the Quilt Show on the couch comfortably and not at the computer. :wink: :idea:

Well! That's one I hadn't thought of yet! The Quilt Show on the Wii! I will certainly have to give that a try. I'm a grandmother whose grandchildren don't even live close by, but I have a Wii for myself for the purpose of using the Wii Fit balance board. I had gotten far enough along to use it to get on the Internet, but hadn't thought about watching an episode of the Quilt Show on the big screen!!!! FUN!

Comment

Rachel, when you figure it out, how about a tutorial? I just may set up the internet feature on my WII.

Comment

I think the first thing you need to have is a wireless network going in your house. I know that my Wii is in the living room and my main computer is at the back of the house, a few rooms away from the Wii. However, I have a wireless router so that I can use my laptop all over the house, so when I went through the Tools setting when I set up my Wii, (and I was reading the manual!!!!) I learned what to do to have it look for the internet, and it worked! It can update itself that way, too, and get a news channel and a weather channel that are just for the Wii.

Comment

Carole, My DH must be rubbing off on me! I should just read the manual! :lol: :lol:

Comment

Well, I gave the Wii a try with the Quilt Show and had mixed results. I can get on the site and all the text and the still graphics show up beautifully, but the videos will not show for me. I can hear the sound from them, but just get a blank screen. Also, the little controls on the bottom of the "Watch a Show" episodes don't respond to clicks from the Wii remote. I'm sure there's some very good technical explanation as to why the videos don't show up.

Comment

I know there is a way to do it. It is just getting the kid to slow down long enough to show me. That and give up the WII long enough for me to play with it. I have seen one show on it but that is all. Elijah started it for me. When I asked him to do it a second time he put the same show on. Don't get me wrong it was a good show but I would like to move on to another lessen. :lol: By the way yes you do need a wireless router and mine is from the cable company. I don't know if that makes any difference. Plus my computer is only a few feet from the WII. Also I have a child who can get around just about all parental codes and safety features without trying or meaning to. :roll: So I will try to get back to you about it in the next couple days. maybe this next week they have off and he will have more time to show me.

Comment

Timely!! I'm on the computer while DH & sons are connecting our Wii (almost 2 years old) to the internet right now! I'll have to give it a try!
                Thanks, Florence

Comment

Okay, I must be missing something. After reading this thread, I went down stairs to set up our Wii, and so far alls I can get is the news, weather, and wii shopping.

How do i actually surf the net with it.?????

I don't see anywhere to access it. Do I need to buy something in addition???

Help would be greatly accepted. Cheryl

Comment

now i am on the net, but like i think it was carol, i only get sound and no video.

Comment

Cheryl, if you have a wireless network, you don't have to buy anything else. In my Wii manual, on page 51, is a section called "Internet." It will send you through the process. OH - I see you got there. I think that some videos will show up, but the process they use on a lot of the Quilt Show videos seems to be different. I want to try the new ones by John Anderson because they seem to be in a different format.

OK - I just tried that and it works! Captain John's two newest instructional videos DO show up on the Internet through the Wii!

Comment

See told you it could be done. I will have to wrestle him for the WII remotes again today to get him to show me how. :lol: He is off on break next week not this week So my tutorial will have to wait or I will have to pretend to be interested in one of his online shows :roll: . His idea of enterrainment and mine are quite different. :lol: At least though I will be able to watch TQS on the couch comfy while they are at school though. Provided I learn how to work the WII.

Comment

Well, the video's in the newsletters show up, but the actual show's don't. I wondering if it is the strangth of the signal. I did a test, and most of the time it was strong enough, but occasionally it would dip below 300. Then I also had a message about memory space. HMMMMM!!!!!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2899 users online. 560 members and 2339 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X