Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Spelling Correction Needed Pronto

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched this thread with great interest.

I have never seen so much energy wasted on such a ( in my opinion) trivial item.

One person asked (in my opinion)quite politely if the newsletters could be spell checked before being issued. This seemed like quite a sensible request as these go out to all members who haven't opted out of automatic email. As these newsletters are the face of the quiltshow shouldn't they present the most professional look possible? Isn't that what the producers of the quiltshow are striving for?

Then another thread was started in another section of the forum referring to the same subject. This has been blown up out of all proportion as well.

Why not use this energy to do something creative - dare I suggest go and make a quilt!

Now I am absolutely sure that someone ( or many people) will take this the wrong way as well. but if certain people don't stop jumping at others who express opinions that they don't agree with then they are going to stifle the spontaneity of this site. I have already experienced this in the chat room and hardly ever go there now.

Back to work now - while I still have some energy left!

Comment

I kind of hate to keep this thread going, I'm hoping it will fall off the "new posts" list soon, and for good, but I'm happy to see that Judy wasn't run off the forum by the reaction she got, and I'm sad to see that JoAnne feels unsafe to express her opinion. We really don't know how many "lurkers" are on the forum, and newbies won't want to join in if they think they're going to get blasted for an opinion. I enjoy so much when someone news posts, and hope that getting over the hump of the initial post, like speaking up for the first time, will break the ice and make them comfortable w/ our somewhat established group. Please, please, please think of this when you post... in a way, WE are representing TQS.
      I agree, Judy might not have posted this for all to see, but she did, and she didn't direct it at ANY of the forum posters. This thread could just as easily morphed into a discussion of what we do or don't like about the newsletter, maybe there are other thoughts about it that would continue to improve it, and as Maureen points out, this could be all that's seen regularly by many, many members. (and if someone DOES want to discuss that, please please please start a new thread so this one can just fade away).
      I just feel like this is family, and family squabbles are never fun. :cry:
      Vent over,
      Piece,
      Florence

Comment

I was prepared to let this topic die a quiet death but feel there is one more thing to say. I went back this morning and carefully read my own entries and all of the other entries since this topic started and I can find nothing that any of us said to Judy or anyone else that was mean or disrespectful. All I asked was that we be pleasant and kind to each other. I have never said that people do not have the right to a different opinion. I simply feel that the members AND THE OWNERS OF TQS deserve to be treated the same. Should we hold the owners to a higher standard of professionalism than ourselves? Maybe but I held myself to a very high standard of professionalism in my professional life (thank God, a website or quilting were not my professions) but was I perfect. Not by a long shot. Were my bosses when I worked for others perfect- no why do you think I was a proof reader when I worked in the law firm and why am I reluctant to rely on spell check for my standard.

I do always try to be respectful and kind and yes I do defend the owners of this website but they have never claimed to be perfect. So why am I writing a response when the same things were said earlier. Well because I was the target of a private emails that were less than pleasant and were sent by people who have said their piece here but said it much more pleasantly than they did in the privacy of my e mail mailbox. And this is not the first time this has happened to me and to others. I have come to the defense of others when I knew that less than pleasant e mails had been sent to them and yet these very same people have felt it is okay to send disrespectful e mails to me when they disagree with me.

Will I change my opinion about this site and the TQS members because of those e mails or because there is a typo or a mistake here and there? Absolutely not. I will still say this is a place where we can express our opinions and having a different opinion is not a bad thing. But I still believe we can be respectful and pleasant while expressing our opinion.

Ann

Comment

To avoid future conflicts, I would suggest that everyone read the short , online booklet of the Core Rules of Netiquette - ( Internet Etiquette.) There are accepted standards of behavior on the Internet that makes for a much more pleasant experience.

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

Comment

Just a quick comment - Do we really want the quilt show staff to have to hire a proof reader and then need to charge more for membership or need to include more advertising or something like that? Does it really matter if something is mispelled occasionally? Do we think less of the Quilt Show community/website/programming because of it? I don't think so!

Comment

gone

Comment

Originally posted by Katzzz
                Gone
                Katzzz, don't go :cry: I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, and I really enjoy your posts.

Comment

End of discussion...neutral corners everybody!! Please play nice now.
                  eileenkny 8)

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                  Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

As someone said on an episode of Seinfeld--"SERENITY NOW"!!! :lol:

Comment

What a mess.

Kind of makes me understand why men roll their eyes and just say "Women!" And they all know what they mean when they do it!

Serenity indeed. I need it! This is my fun place to come!

So, for me, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you hear the one about the..............................? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Let's all have fun. We all have a lot in common. So no more drama.
                        Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Amen, Jan! I object to the public flogging...... Totally uncalled for.

My husband was an English major in college. He reads a lot and keeps a pen next to his chair. He corrects the book as he reads. :roll:

Barbara

Comment

Ladies--this is why I have not joined a quilt guild. Please can we just have fun? :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by NancyAnn1959
                              Just a quick comment - Do we really want the quilt show staff to have to hire a proof reader and then need to charge more for membership or need to include more advertising or something like that? Does it really matter if something is mispelled occasionally? Do we think less of the Quilt Show community/website/programming because of it? I don't think so!
                              This is the most intelligent(sp?) thing I've read in this particular forum so far. Why all the time and energy put into something like this? And I doubt any of us have a clue as to how many man hours are spent just on daily maintenance of this great website. And yes, someone would probably have a full time job proof reading . I for one, don't want higher priced membership just for spelling error control.

Chris in Mid-Mo

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2735 users online. 443 members and 2292 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,225   Members: 25682   Active Members: 1,333  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X