Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Alex's Holiday Lights Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job, Rosemary. It looks as pretty converted as it did before. Renata, that must mean that you did a fantastic job :lol:

living in Central Denmark
    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Originally posted by anne1
      I want to do Alex's holiday lights but with a dark background and multi coloured trees, where can I find a picture please?
      Anne
      Anne~ I just goggled "holiday lights quilt pattern alex anderson" and got the colored image that appears on her pattern. I will try to paste the address here:
      http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CE8Q9QEwBQ

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Thanks Charae,
        It worked! I hope at some stage to make this quilt but I have been sewing a cross stich for a friend and it has taken ages, one thread over 28 count evenweave. I didn't do any patchwork in this time but today I have started again.....I thought I had lost my mojo but it's coming back. No more large cross stitches for me just small items.
        Thanks again
        Have a nice weekend I hope it's warmer in your neck of the woods....I've got my thermals out
        Anne

Comment

Great, Anne~ Glad it worked. 28 count even weave is smaller than I can do these days. I still cross-stitch about a dozen Christmas ornaments every year -- one thread over 22 count-- and that's small enough for me! I haven't done a big cross stitch project in over 10 years! It is a nice 73 degree day in San Jose although it rained buckets yesterday. Rain is our snow. If it doesn't rain we have to start thinking about letting our lawns die next summer and we begin to consider the hideous prospect of showering with friends to conserve water. LOL! Sorry, bad joke. Anyway we were more than happy to see RAIN!
          Stay warm.

Comment

Charae, I loooove any type of counted thread hand-embroidery, but I'm also kind to my eyes, so normally use light fabrics that have a thread count of 25, and then work over 2 threads. That way I don't (yet) need to use a magnifier, and can even do bigger projects, and it's still relaxing.
            From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Lorchen~ I always use light fabrics, but I've never worked over 2 threads. I'll have to give that a try because I do love counted cross stitch and hand embroidery. I have a fancy magnifier on a stand in anticipation of my eyesight getting worse. My real problem is that I get so caught up in the relaxation of needle up/needle down that I lose track of time and forget to look up and get up once in a while! BUT I really need to do more than the little Christmas ornaments pictured~if only to use up several thousands of miles of DMC floss! Thanks!

Comment

Charae, what beautiful ornaments you posted. Great work

Comment

ops: Thanks, Norma. I shouldn't have posted here and started another misdirection. I got caught up in my explanation to Lorchen when I decided to post the only size of cross stitch I do these days! Back on topic!

Comment

You know some of us loves to wander a bit around :lol:

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Charae, those ornaments are gorgeous!!
                        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Charae, your ornaments are so beautiful!

Finally, my Holiday Lights quilt is finished! I chickened out and let my sister quilt it on her HQ16 (when I got on her machine, I stopped breathing and could not move my feet over to continue the panto :lol: ; I guess it takes some practice...). I originally was going to use a variegated (gold-silver-teal-red) metallic thread by Superior Threads and we found, much to my surprise, that King Tut De Nile, a brilliant turquoise colored thread looked stunning and connected back to the lights in the border as well as made the panto design stand out a bit more. The panto is of snowflakes. The border is simple: the lights are outlined with Bottom Line thread and the piano key border is stitched in the ditch. Nothing more was needed.

And here it is:

A close-up of the panto design:

Comment

Oh, Renata, what a treasure you have made! I'm going to be very lucky to get mine finished by Christmas - but if I don't, I'm way ahead of the game for next year!!!! Your quilt is just absolutely beautiful. Isn't it interesting how quilting thread can make a quilt sparkle in a special way! Thanks for your inspiration!

Comment

I love everything about it Renata! And you still have time to make another one before Christmas :lol: All your choices have worked out perfectly, even down to the binding. Congratulations. Let the Christmas celebrations begin.

Comment

Thank you, Rita and Beverly! I am so excited, it is done and I actually like it!!! :lol: Now to find wall space...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2885 users online. 557 members and 2328 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X