Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Quilting for a Holiday Runner

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Renata
    Thank you, you all make me want to do more! I'll be at a two-day class sponsored by Bernina USA with Elva Mungai and Elaine Cibelli on Bernina's V6 software starting tomorrow so I guess I won't get much more done until Sunday, but I have already picked out the fabrics for two more table runners :P and hope I don't run out of steam! :lol:
    Oh, how nice. You could give them a hug from Denmark. I followed the webinars on the Bernina 780 and found out that I wanted the 830 instead. And you know what? It was all of the webinars they have provided that convinced me. Besides I was watching their Designer Plus webinars and felt sure that this is the software you need to make embroidery. I thought it was a lot of money to spend on the software, but then I got some unexpected that could pay for the software.
    When I ordered it I asked the dealer if he would take my Janome and my old Pfaff in return if I would buy the 830. He told me that he has just got a 830 in return fore a 780. An older lady was not happy about the bobbin system and he would put down the price with 25% if I would sell my machines myself. That made the Bernina go for ½ price compared to a new. It had 35 hours of sewing, so I was not much in doubt any longer. It has been in my house for a week now and I absolutely love it.
    The dealer said he'd never met a customer so well prepared. I almost knew more than him, but I spent 3 hours to learn how to handle it. First time I ever had my hands on the 830.
    The software has been here for 2 weeks and I must say it is living up to my expectations. I can't think of anything I would like to create that this software would not help me to.
    Please, tell them that the Bernina educators taught me how to use the software.

living in Central Denmark
    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Hey Norma, where did you find the webinars you just mentioned? Are they free or do you buy them?

Comment

You can find the webinars, Rosemary, on the Bernina website but where I like to access mine is from one of the Bernina USA educator's, Amanda Whitlach's own website, http://www.exnovodesign.com because she has the great majority of Bernina's past webinars, including those that Bernina does not even have on their website anymore. Bernina will post a webinar but also specify a date by which it will no longer be available. Amanda, instead, collects those webinars and keeps them on her site. The webinars are all FREE. Now, these are past webinars. If you sign up on the Bernina website, you will get emails announcing new webinars and you have to sign up for those because they are conducted live with Q&A from the participants. These are conducted at specific times with a finite but still large number of participants. These webinars are still FREE but you can still catch them either when Bernina posts them for a limited time or when Amanda posts them permanently to her website.

Norma, I am so glad for your great experience and I will make sure Elva and Elaine know!

Comment

Norma, you lucky duck! Many many happy hours quilting on your new machine.

Comment

I'm so glad you've gotten the 830, Norma. Sounds like you have the perfect dealer to go with it! I'm really loving my Bernie and am making friends with more and more people at my bernina shop!
            I won't be buying the software yet, but have my twenty year company anniversary next September when I'll be getting a nice anniversary check... So I know just what that will be spent on. In the meantime I'll have to keep to the most important design wishes and get my colleague to covert those for me.
            Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Rosemary, the webinars are wonderful. I sign up for every singe one because I always learn something new every time - and I've sewn for years like most of us. When you get set up on their email mailing list you register, and then have the option to send it to outlook so you can add it to your calendar. They offer three times during the day that you can watch it. You will also get a reminder from Bernina. Plus Amanda's website as a backup. Bernina does a very good job with this.

Comment

I think that I will have to try & remember this for the new year. I am quite busy trying to keep/catch up with a Gimp course at the moment and am having great fun with it, the beauty of it is that Gimp, unlike Photoshop is free and seems to do everything photoshop elements does (plus possibly a few extras), if only you can find it :wink:

Comment

Glad that others can answer when you are busy sewing . I subscribe to the webinars from iTunes Store now. I will see what Amanda has on her website.
                  Until I got the software I downloaded most of my embroidery motifs from this website http://www.embroiderydk.com
                  It's rather cheap to subscribe and they sew out without problems

Comment

With my apologies--I deleted the pictures of my holiday runner from the postings because when I went to the internet looking for ideas for more runners, my quilt pictures from TQS FORUM showed up with the name of the recipient!!! because that is how I tagged my photos when I saved them. So, when we place a photo on TQS forum inline, it shows up on the internet with the file name along with the posting itself. When I'm done, I'll be happy to post all the final quilts (and I'll make sure the recipients' names are not in the file name!).

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
                      With my apologies--I deleted the pictures of my holiday runner from the postings because when I went to the internet looking for ideas for more runners, my quilt pictures from TQS FORUM showed up with the name of the recipient!!! because that is how I tagged my photos when I saved them. So, when we place a photo on TQS forum inline, it shows up on the internet with the file name along with the posting itself. When I'm done, I'll be happy to post all the final quilts (and I'll make sure the recipients' names are not in the file name!).
                      OOPS - interesting to find out though.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                        OOPS - interesting to find out though.
                        Once I found out, I figured I'd share it so that those of you who were not aware of this detail would now be, in case you use filenames you would not want to see on the internet. Non-members can read all our postings on the internet, they just have to pick the right keyword to get to them. But, rather than the inline photo, as we members see when we read the Forum, non-members sometimes get to see the photo and its filename.

Comment

Good grief! Nothing will ever be private again!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I just googled my name of 'PosyP' and got what I think is a Czech site for slang and it means 'Sprinkle' - that is 'pour vodka into glasses!' - oh my! :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I just googled images with keywords friendship triangles exchange posyp and found some of your photos (and one of mine) but interestingly, yours don't have the file name on them. Some interesting photos, though!

Comment

Thanks for posting this. You really have to take care and never post what you don't want to see in another place.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1950 users online. 155 members and 1795 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X