Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Overall quilting design for Birds in the Air

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita, it is so light and airy, the birds are truly swirling around in a colorful sky So lovely!!!

Comment

Thanks ladies! I hand-dyed the backing fabric myself and in real life it is more purple than grey. It shows off the quilting while hiding the inaccuracies - perfect! And another UFO done and dusted.

Comment

And I bet you are smiling, Rita!!! big-time! Really like your hand-dyed fabric even before you mentioned it was--I just loved it as a backing

Comment

It turned out wonderful Rita! I love how the quilting looks overall on the back. Different than I expected when seeing the plan for how each block was going to be stitched. You're becoming quite the pro!
          Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

You are so right Renata, the smile is large this evening. I can't believe I did it. I really was so flummoxed with this quilt I really didn't know how to begin to quilt it. If it had not been for Margo's drawing I would probably still be looking at this quilt and wondering what the heck I could do with it. In an ideal world I should now quilt the next UFO while I am in the zone, but I can't for a while. I guess it will be like re-inventing the wheel by the time I get back to it. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Thanks Karen. Pro? I don't think so. I just posted a photo of some of the best bits. :lol:

Comment

It's lovely, Rita! it's a great quilting design and done well! I really like your backing, too. You're right, the hand dye fabric hides any irregularities. This has been a good thread to read- it's really nice to see the input from our other talented people and to see how it turns out in real life.
              Kathy

Comment

Thanks Kathy. Hand-dyes rock!

Comment

Rita, I love the quilt and I think the quilting is just great. I should think you'd be smiling. It's lovely. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Rita, it's lovely!!!! And how fun that the design looks very different on the back than on the front because we're not seeing the blocks. Great job!

Comment

Awesome quilt Rita! Love it!!!

Took a hand dye class last month and haven't been able to stop myself :wink: . Now I got a good :idea: , how to use those 30 yd of fabric I just dye. Will make very nice and forgiving backing for a few quilts (when I finally get around making them ops: )
                      I love this forum and all of you ladies. Look forward to read it every day, there's always something fun and of course something to learn. I'd love to post more often but I can think faster than I can write in English and like my DH once told me when I complained why he couldn't read my mind, it doesn't come with subtitles. Spanish is my first language. Hope all this makes sense.

Comment

Rita, your quilt turned out great. I imagine your big smile.

Limbania, it's just great when you take your time to post. You can travel a lot of places where you can use your first language. I have to speak something else, because not many speak my first language, Danish. I'll tell you a story. Many years ago (20+) I was ordering all the books on quilting I found interesting. They of course was in English. One day I came across a book that was translated into Danish and thought I had to support a project like that, so I bought it. When reading I found myself translating it into English :roll: . How clever was that? It was a weird experience.

living in Central Denmark
                        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

It's beautiful Rita Did you have any idea how beautiful the pattern on the back would be?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks ladies. You are all so kind and encouraging - it's great! Wendy, I had no idea how good the quilting pattern would turn out. And even the SID worked into the overall design. Just as well I couldn't find soluble thread here. :roll:

Limbania, please keep posting - the more the merrier.

Comment

Absolutely, Limbania, join the club. English is not my first language either... it's Italian!

Comment

Originally posted by Limbania55
                                Awesome quilt Rita! Love it!!!

Took a hand dye class last month and haven't been able to stop myself :wink: . Now I got a good :idea: , how to use those 30 yd of fabric I just dye. Will make very nice and forgiving backing for a few quilts (when I finally get around making them ops: )
                                I love this forum and all of you ladies. Look forward to read it every day, there's always something fun and of course something to learn. I'd love to post more often but I can think faster than I can write in English and like my DH once told me when I complained why he couldn't read my mind, it doesn't come with subtitles. Spanish is my first language. Hope all this makes sense.
                                Limbania, I am understanding you just fine. I feel the same way about TQS and the Forum. So glad you are joining in the conversation. It will get easier the more you do it! Welcome!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2333 users online. 245 members and 2088 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X