Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Overall quilting design for Birds in the Air

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Margo I've been using your swinging in and out design on small squares in my dissappearing nine patch baby quilt, it's satisfying to do and built my confidence.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Photos please Wendy?

I have been a little sidetracked over the past couple of days with finishing my 'Patches of Sunshine' quilt for the primitive block quilt challenge. Just finished the binding and I will post a photo on the show and tell page later or tomorrow. I have my birds in the air quilt marked and ready to baste. I wasn't happy with the backing fabric I had for Birds in the Air so I went on a dying spree. I bought a bolt of plain cotton fabric at Ikea and now have about 12 yards of different shades of blues, purples and beiges. They look like batiks so I am very pleased. The purple will go on the back of the Birds in the Air quilt. I hope to get it done this week so will post a photo then. Thanks for all the great suggestions and I am glad that I posted this thread because at least two others have found it useful. Isn't the forum on TQS great?

Happy Quilting everybody

Comment

Even three or four or more have found this posting useful, I am sure! I've put the ideas generated here in my OneNote folder because I'm sure I'll be referring back to it! Thanks for the thread!

Comment

Rita - You're very talented - looking forward to seeing the finished project!

BarbCA

Comment

Yes photos please Rita

Comment

My attempt at Margo's quilting pattern. I will practice more Margo and do it justice next time

I'm just learning to break free from scribble quilting. One lot of squares has hands and feet walking across them.

The quilt so far. Luckily baby won't be checking on my quilting technique

Comment

Wendy, Awww! So sweet!

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                  Betty Jo

Comment

Wendy - I think your quilting is awesome! And baby will love it!!

Nancy

Comment

Wendy I love that little quilt. The quilted feet are adorable and I might have to use that idea sometime if you don't mind? Thanks for the photos. I posted a photo of my finished primitive quilt in the show and tell area if anybody wants to have a look at it. Here's a link: see-quilts/show-and-tell-quilts/

It's strange the way I was able to come up with a quilting pattern for that one but I just couldn't think of what to do for the Birds in the Air one. I have it batted now and hope to start quilting tomorrow. Pictures to follow...

Comment

Good for you, Wendy! And I love the footprints!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Wendy...that quilt is Cute ! I also might borrow those baby feet !..if it's OK with you ! Rita..saw your quilt in show and tell...
                          looks great ! That loop-de-loop stipple in between the oval shapes is a favorite of mine....always looks so good ! Quilting shows
                          up so well...did you use a contrasting color we can't see well on computer?

Comment

Love the quilt Rita, it's quirky.

Thank you for comments on quilt. Yes of course you can use the foot print idea it's not mine. I googled baby quilting design and it came up with all the longarm designs and I reckon if you can long arm it you can fmq it

Marilyn some of the thread is a variegated blue/grey/cream but I changed to ivory because at night the blue looks black :?

Comment

Marilyn, I used monopoly on the quilt blocks and I used Superior Rainbows in a purple/pink combo for the sashing cornerstones and the border. I really love the Rainbows thread and my machine loves it too. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                                OK...PhotoShop Elements is one tool. Another tool, that you may already have on your computer is MicroSoft PAINT. I used that program to create this tutorial!
                                Thanks for your advice, Margo! It had never occurred to me to use Paint to do this. Yesterday, I used Paint to design the quilting for a quilt due in a couple of weeks. I had been struggling with how to quilt it, so I loaded Paint with a photo of a few of my quilt blocks and practiced quilting it online. I even used purple paint, since I will be quilting the quilt with purple thread. Here's a crude sample of one design: So far, I've not mastered using Paint's curved line feature.

I'm open to other ideas/suggestions for quilting this quilt.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2159 users online. 215 members and 1944 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X