Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Air travel with a quilt project

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotti that quilt is beautiful.

Comment

Lotti...Your strip quilt is just beautiful ! Thanks for explaining it a bit further. I was wondering if all layers were sewn at
      one time. I think I have some idea of how blocks are joined. I'll be anxious to see how the pineapple goes along. :roll: :roll:
      Have a good trip and a Happy New Year !!

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
        Lotti...Your strip quilt is just beautiful ! Thanks for explaining it a bit further. I was wondering if all layers were sewn at
        one time. I think I have some idea of how blocks are joined. I'll be anxious to see how the pineapple goes along. :roll: :roll:
        Have a good trip and a Happy New Year !!

Marilyn, I don't know how Lotti is planning to join her blocks but here is a good tutorial for QAYG:
        http://www.thequiltingedge.com/p/tutorials.html
        Lesson #5 shows how she joins the blocks.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks,Margo ! Very interesting site...her QAYG methods are very similar to what I'm acquainted
          with ! Been a long time since I tried it ! Have a Happy New Year !

Comment

I have taken knitting and knitting needles crochet hooks and a darning type needle for finishing. The only thing they ever took were my good scissors.

I bought a pair of the tiny folding ones (cheap) and they haven't ever taken them away. I take them through security in a plastic bag with my other finishing tools inside of a pencil case.
            Good Luck!

Comment

I now travel frequently with small scissors, preferring the little folding ones.
              When the TSA people were even more particular, I carried fingernail clippers (the kind without the swing-out pointy file). Those pass inspection without any difficulty. I have also used a dental floss holder (with the edge made for cutting the floss) and the pendant-style antique thread cutter. Needles are no problem at all.
              Happy travelilng!

Comment

update on travelling with scissors:

flew to dubai last friday (zurich-dubai): they saw and checked the little childrens' craft scissors i had with me
                commented but let me take them with me, only said that i should keep them separate so that they could see them immediately to check the size...

yesterday i few home (dubai-zurich): i put them in my liquids baggie - for the first time in years they did not want to see the liquids baggie separately - actually tossing that back into my purse to go through the machine. but afterwards searched through to find the scissors - saying that NO SCISSORS ALLOWED - no matter what size / type / rounded or not, etc. etc. no regulation citation - or showing printout helps - they have their own "personal" regulations at each individual check-point...
                so - make sure whatever you have with you - is small - is CHEAP - is easily replaced!!!
                going places - make sure you have a second pair of scissors in your suitcase!

& they NEVER noticed my little pink foldup scissors - so i was good to sew on the plane (with my sewing on the go project i need to cut the fabric strips to size as i go... thread is much easier - for that one can use a safety-letter-opener, a dental floss case (cutter), ones teeth - although that doesn't give a good result to thread needles...

one thing is for certain - if i ever see my little foldups in a shop again i'll stock up - they're awfully difficult to find if they're dropped between the seats in a fully booked airplane, on the train, whatnot (i KNOW)
                Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Thanks for the update about Dubai- I will be travelling in and out of there soon.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1985 users online. 151 members and 1834 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X