Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Does EQ7 work with Bernina design plus 6.0? Anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does EQ7 work with Bernina design plus 6.0? Anyone?

I have noticed that the Bernina design software is a kind of smaller version of Electric Quilt. In Bernina software you can take your embroidery designs and place them on the quilt design you make in the quilt side of the software. In EQ you can put ready-made embroidery designs on the quilts. What I want to do is move them back and forth between each other because I like the EQ7 software for designing a quilt better and the Bernina software for designing embroidery. Has anyone done this? If so, how do you do it?

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
    Betty Jo

Anyone ever tried this?

Betty Jo

Comment

Betty Jo, I don't know anything about Bernina (I'm a Janome girl), I wonder if Barb Vlack or someone else on the EQ forum on their website would know the answer? They are extremely savvy over there and if it can be done, they'll know.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
        Betty Jo, I don't know anything about Bernina (I'm a Janome girl), I wonder if Barb Vlack or someone else on the EQ forum on their website would know the answer? They are extremely savvy over there and if it can be done, they'll know.

Kathy
        Good idea, Kathy, I'll pursue that avenue.

Betty Jo

Comment

I have both EQ7 and Bernina Artista software. The quilter program in Bernina is for simple layout quilts or diamond quilts. Designer Plus level has Block Editor where you can create your own block but it is much easier to do in EQ. The main difference is that with Bernina, you can place actual embroidery designs in your quilt and any changes in size will be remembered in your software.

With EQ, the ability to design a unique quilt is much easier. When loading pictures or embroidery designs, you are placing the image of the embroidery on the quilt. I note what the actual size is before I place it in the quilt. If I alter the image size, I make a notation of how much I altered it (I believe it is listed somewhere on the screen) then make the actual changes in my Bernina software. Also, when using Bernina designs, you have to save the design as an image file (PNG) in order to maintain the actual colors of the embroidery. EQs process is for designs other than Bernina so the colors are wonky when placed in the quilt.

In short, the two programs are wonderful for what they do best, but they are not intended to be used seamlessly. I use EQ for designing basics and a general view of how the embroideries or quilting motifs will look. I do not spend a huge amount of time getting the "plan" to look perfect.

One thing I haven't done is import an image file into Bernina (or EQ) to use as a BACKDROP for freeform embroidery stitches (Designer Plus). From your art quilt profile, that might be something you could play with....

Comment

Kmouse, Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, it's too bad they don't seem to talk together. I knew they weren't designed to, but thought maybe some brilliant quilter out there in TQS land had figured out a work around. I put a similar question on the EQ forum, but no one has responded yet. Guess it isn't possible, but I like your idea of using it as a backdrop in Bernina Plus. As much as quilters use both pieces of software, they should acknowledge that fact and figure out how to play together.

Betty Jo

Comment

Hooray! It can be done. Here's the response on the EQ Forum to my question:

"Oh, yes. Since you say you have the Bernina software, you're in business.

With your embroidery design on the Artistic mode worktable, go to FILE > Save image as and choose .PNG as the file type. This will save the stitch-out without a background and preserve the stitching and the coloring. The coloring of the design is especially desirable here.

Import the design to EQ7 through LIBRARIES > Embroidery Library > Import > Add to Sketchbook.

You will be able to place the embroidery design on Layer 3 of your quilt layout.

Hope this helps!

BarbVlack
              EQ Author and Teacher"

I am currently designing a storm at sea themed quilt in which I plan on mixing both the traditional storm at sea blocks and an appliqued/embroidered/pieced picture. I am hopeful I will be able to design the tall clipper ship itself for applique and embroidery of the rigging and details in my Bernina software for making in the jumbo hoop. I am blogging this on my personal blog...we'll see how it comes out. But however it does, I am sure I'll be using these two pieces of software together in the future a lot.

Betty Jo

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2573 users online. 348 members and 2225 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,314  
              Welcome to our newest member, Sarah Wells-monnersann.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X