Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Allary Chalk Cartridge Set

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allary Chalk Cartridge Set

I saw the allary Chalk Cartridge Set on TQS and ordered a set. I am not usually mechanically challaged BUT..... I can't figure out how to change the chalk in the pen. Need help. I'm sure someone out there has done this. Go ahead, make your day - make me feel stupid I promise I won't mind.
    Linda in KY

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Hi Linda, I don't have this, but with most mechanical pencils, you can pull the end off to put lead in. It would be the end that you push to make the chalk come out. Another thing you can try is to hold down the button and insert the chalk into the opposite end- you must be pushing the button down while inserting the chalk. I hope one of these tips helps. If not, maybe someone who has this notion will help you out. Best of luck!

Comment

OK, now I not only feel stupid but frail. I can't tell you how many times I pushed the top of this pen to try to open the chalk end so I could exchange the chalk. When all medthods failed I told my husband I couldn't figure out how to operated the pen. Now you know I was desperate at that point. He picked it up, took one look, one push and said "well, Honey you just have to push the top. " Need less to say I can now operate my pen, thanks for the help.
      Linda in KY

Comment

I was lucky enough to be in that audience. I have used this chalk set before and was going to purchase another one. You can get them at JoAnn's, BUT the sharpener dulls very fast, so I went to a dollar store and bought several pencil sharpeners. The chalk does break and you waste a lot sharpening it, but I do love them for marking my quilts.

Yes you push the top button and pull the chalk out. Not a stupid question at all.

Sharon in CO

Comment

Don't feel bad Linda, I had bought one about a year ago and had the same problem. Couldn't figure the darn thing out. After about 30 min of aggrivation I pushed really hard on the top and it finally worked. :O)

Comment

I purchased the Dritz chalk cartridge set. I am thinking about returning it and get the Allory. Does anyone have experience with both? The Dritz says that the marks wash out and not to put an iron to the marks as they may set. I haven't been able to determine if the Allory brand works the same or not. Thanks for your thoughts

Lydia
            Grapeview, WA

Comment

From personal experience I have learned to avoid applying heat to ANY lines marked on fabric unless I want them permanent. The common method to set mediums of any kind is to apply heat. I even wash in cool or barely warm water to start. I am generally not paranoid but this is one area where you could call me paranoid.

Comment

I've been marking a quilt with that chalk for the last few days. Tried all of my 'markers' including the Clover white pen that shows up when it's dried. My pattern in on a pink and on a dark purple print and WOW. It's hard to find something that will show up on both of them. Note to self: Next time choose something you can do from memory or at least something simpler!

Yes, I've had to get by the 'wasting' phase, and the frequent 'sharpening' phase and the just plain frustrating phase! ha

Comment

My first quilt was creams and dark golden browns, I had to alternate between blue washable for the cream and white water colour pencil for the browns, otherwise I couldn't see the pattern from one background to the other. Watercolour pencils work pretty good actually, but I've only used them on small projects, I've not tested for heat setting etc, but they wash out ok.

Rosemary

Comment

I hate to be really dumb, but I still can't get my allary chalk cartridge set to work. I push on the big yellow button at the opposite end. It pushes the opening thing out the other end. I tried to slide the chalk into this holder, but it wouldn't fit. GRRR! I hope you don't mind helping me.

Thanks!

Comment

You tried pushing the chalk in the front while pushing the yellow button on the back? If it doesn't fit with the end pushed out that way, maybe you got the wrong chalk refills for the pen. I haven't used mine very often but haven't had any trouble loading the chalk. Hope this helps....

Nancy

Comment

I am using the refills that came with the holder. :~{

Comment

Originally posted by 2Presidents
                          I am using the refills that came with the holder. :~{
                          Welcome to the forum!

Toodles,

Diane

Comment

Did you try holding the yellow button in while putting the chalk in the other end? Worked fine for me. Hope it works for you. Nan

Comment

I don't know this actual tool, but if it works like a propelling pencil, what I do is press the button down, put in the lead part way, release the button , press it again and whilst holding it down push the lead in all the way.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1999 users online. 150 members and 1849 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X