Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Eversewn Sewing Machines?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eversewn Sewing Machines?

Does anyone have personal experience or knowledge about the Eversewn machines? I am a new quilter, and want a reliable machine. I'm considering this brand. Thank you in advance for your input!

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
    Betty Jo

As a person who has been quilting/sewing forever, the one thing that I can highly recommend to you is this, buy the best machine you can afford, and buy from a dealer where you can get support. Quilting/sewing is truly an art, and to have someone there to help you in those beginning steps will make your whole quilting/sewing experience much less frustrating and much more rewarding.

Comment

I need to know which product is the best from the ones listed on the site?
      https://fitsewing.com/best-beginner-sewing-machine/

Comment

All those machines are from Brother, Singer and one Janome, I wouldn't have any of them, espically the Brother and Singer, their lower end machines are more aggravation then they are worth. Go to your local dealer and check out what used machines that they have available, they will be cheaper than brand new, better quality then those mentioned in your site, and you will have dealer support.

Comment

I don't have experience with the Eversewn, but I do know it has some connection to Bernina. Also here is a review by Alex Anderson from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbNMB51rhH8

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
          Betty Jo

Comment

The Eversews are now being sold through Missouri Star quilting and AQS. Missouri Star has done some videos on them, Pat

Comment

Hello, I did so much research on these and ended up with the Eversewn Sparrow 30.Most of the reviews are stellar.I have an Elna 720 and a Pfaff 7530 yet wanted one that was easier to carry.

So....I found one on Ebay that was only used once, I got it at a great price. When it came it was damaged due to the seller not packing it correctly, Lots of the outside plastic was broke.It did look like it was not used. I contacted the seller and he refunded me the money and said to hold on to it and he would let me know if he wanted it back. I waited 6 months and did not hear from him. I contacted the manufacture and sent pictures of the damage. They said they could not sell me the parts, but the very nice customer service person said she would go to the warehouse and see what she could find. I received all the plastic parts for free from the to fix the machine. I was able to fix it myself and sewed on it for piecing for a few days...ran so nice.

Then...all of a sudden it was jamming bad, changed needle, thread, bobbin everything. Took it in and I was told the bobbin mechanism was damaged. That was went I went back and read more reviews and found this was the main issue with this machine. My shop had to order a new bobbin mechanism and it took awhile to get. When I picked it up I was told by the shop that my machine is not a work-horse.

I have been using it for piecing only and it is working nicely, only once or twice did it give me an issue, that was resolved. It is very picky with the type of thread- no cheep thread, does not like Gutermann.

A few weeks ago I took it to a wallet class and it was giving me issues. The teacher stated she also had one and you have to go slow , it really had issues going through thick fabric.

Bottom Line- I really wanted this to be all it says to be- it is not. Great company, the price for me was right- only $85 into it as of right now. Will only use for piecing sometimes and use my other two machine more. As someone else said please try to buy the best you can. My first was a older Pfaff and I did spend $600, best investment I could make as I think if I had a machine that gave me problems in the beginning I would not be quilting today.

Best of Luck on your search- Kathy

Comment

I have had my machine for three years .. initially to be my class machine but I like it so much I have used it more and more. The SPARROW 30 is very similar to the NEW HOME MEMORY 7000 I bought 30 years ago... has more decorative stitches but it sews straight stitches similarly and I love the button hole ... so much easier. Only thing I do not like is the zipper foot but I do not like any zipper feet I have used in the past 10 years... probably because I hate putting zippers in. LOVE MY SPARROW 30 ... have not used it for FMQing. - - -

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2887 users online. 557 members and 2330 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X