Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I messaged you. I'm probably overthinking it. Perhaps it was too long.

Rosemary your group must live pretty sheltered lives if you can shock and worry them with your handiwork, did you leave some loose threads. Dying to see it, you know we're good at waiting :sick:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Glad to see this thread is back, even though I have not participated in the row robin, I have enjoyed seeing everyone's rows. You all are very creative,

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=140541
        I messaged you. I'm probably overthinking it. Perhaps it was too long.

Rosemary your group must live pretty sheltered lives if you can shock and worry them with your handiwork, did you leave some loose threads. Dying to see it, you know we're good at waiting :sick:
        The shock is that it is probably the first to be finished :woohoo: I am usually the last (or second to last) to hand over my pieces. Even my dad reckons that I only work with a 'hot needle and burning thread!' :lol:

Comment

Love the dolphins Wendy/Andree... so so cute!

Dorothy

Comment

So glad to have our thread back, even if it is frayed.... hahaha! Sometimes I crack myself up! :blink:

Love all the rows coming in. I have 2 more to do. Rosemary, what sort of row or blocks or whatever will fit with what you have for your bog coat? I don't necessarily need to make you a row if something else will be better.

I'll post the row Wendy sent me even though I posted it on the Virtual Retreat forum.

It is so nice. I love all the rows I've received. Thank you all!

Sunny and green here in Eastern WA. Hooray!

Rosemary, my mind is going wild with thoughts of your embroidery project! Illicit, explicit or ? hmy:

Happy weekend! geneva
            Geneva

Comment

Wendy, you have been busy! I love both the rows just posted.
              I looked back on some of the other threads. In the Friendship triangles, there are only two different lines. Nothing at all about our triangle exchange. I think they just deleted a lot of the older posts. I like looking back at them too!. Maybe the powers that be did not think they were important to us any longer. It is a disappointment though!

Comment

I'm just guessing 'cause what do I know, but I would guess that when they had the unexpected computer crash that they had a disk failure and that's why some things were lost. If they were just deleting old posts, I would expect that they would do an automatic purge based on the post time of each entry. That type of thing would be unlikely to change the permissions on just a few topics -- it would be more likely to be all or nothing. But a disk failure could affect the place on disk where topic permissions are stored in a random way. But, like I say, that's just a guess.

Comment

So glad we're back up! Just in time for me to say that I stopped by the post office today! Geneva, Lotti, Terrie, Luann, and Cathy you all have rows headed your way! Hope you like them

Comment

Just a thought provoking question:
                    Recently someone said, 'Sonetimes I just crack myself up'. I love that saying. So the question is;
                    Does anyone remember the sitcom and the actor/actress that would say that quite often?
                    I know who came to mind and I think it might be a little bit of 'tom foolery' to see how many others get the same person.
                    This isn't an April Fools Joke, just presented by a jokester?!

Comment

Luann.......Carol Burnett?

Geneva, cool stuff! I love the "hairy" border! I need to try that!

So.......here are the rows that I have received so far. I can picture a tall skinny snowman on the right side, with a red scarf. Will definitely make one, if I don't receive one. And, Lotti, do I remember correctly that you will eventually (absolutely no rush!) be making mittens for me? Can you throw a couple of red ones in there, to balance the red snowmen row? And, if others have a mental creative block on the "winter" theme, just some simple cups or mugs would be fun to add to these rows. I can always embroider or quilt in the steam lines. Again everyone. . . . . No rush! I will not be putting this together until sometime in 2018.

Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by "Scoopie" post=140564
                        Luann.......Carol Burnett?
                        Dawn
                        Sorry, not Carol Burnett, think younger person,,,

Comment

Dawn, great to see all of your rows together :cheer:

Here is what I have received so far...

I've forgotten who the houses are from, but the 2 collections of fabric at the bottom are from Rosemarie on the left and Terrie on the right. Luanne's fq's on the far right. For some reason Wendy's hst's seem to be missing a couple :blink:
                          Trying to decide which rows would be the best across the front sleeves where there will be a lot of bending

New layout, might/might not work

Still thinking....

Comment

Very nice ladies!

Rosemary: I should be sending my row this week... sewing it this afternoon!

Andrée

Comment

What are you doing Rosemary? Resewing my points, I don't blame you :P

Comment

Wouldn't presume to :whistle: however assuming that they are to be 2" squares finished size, the large strip measures 32" and there were 4 other hst's sewn into pairs, which I originally thought were extras, :unsure: This is the first time I have looked at all the lengths/widths together.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2276 users online. 250 members and 2026 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25588   Active Members: 1,298  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X