Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! You're fast! :blink:

Comment

My thoughts exactly, Andree. I have no problem with all of mine being late. I had a plan and after getting the go ahead from several rowers, I got 'rowing down the river'! I certainly don't want this to put any pressure on anyone. Actually I had at one point, while putting this together, thought about just telling everyone to choose a person each month and eventually to get one done for everyone. Then I realized most folks like to have a bit of a schedule to follow, and that way it's less decisions for them.
      Lotti and Barb were great helps in getting all info sorted out and put together. Many thanks go to those two!
      And everyone else gets a kuddo for their encouraging words.

I'm looking forward to what happens with our group as,

Merrily we row along, row along, row along,
      Merrily we row along on a bright and sunny morning.

Comment

Poor Lotti that sounds horrid, hope it's all over.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wow, Lotti, that sounds painful. Do they know what causes such a thing. I've only heard of that in connection with an ear infection. Well, glad it's getting better.

Re: the rower's list: As Luann assigned me 'Shore Patrol", I'd say this sounds like a good plan. Everyone has a list and a schedule. Everyone obviously has their own personal lists and schedules too, So, just go at your own speed, keeping in the the order of the list.
          Some may be early, some may be late and some may be just a row of nice fabric. That's the way we [strike]lizards[/strike], rowers work best. Organic-like!

Isn't the weather the topic of so much conversation these days? Bizarre!?

Comment

Lotti--I hope you ear is completely healed soon.
            LuAnne--My goodness--you were sure motivated.
            The last of my chicks left today to go home to a very flooded Missouri. The ride usually takes 5 hrs. Took them 7hrs but they are safe.
            Spent the morning trying to make some order to the chaos called family. I love when we get together and this year I actually had the whole group so it was fun. We were even able to get a fairly good picture of all of us together. A miracle indeed.
            Hope your Christmas was a joyful as mine.
            Happy New year my friends.

Comment

Luann I thought I was being organised at my end - you've certainly beat us to it.
              Lotti, hope your ear continues to heal well, sounds like a rotten thing to have at any time of year.
              Ritzy, good to hear you have had a good get together.

Row, row, row your boat,
              gently down the stream.
              Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
              life is but a dream.

speaking of which, I got to go and play in my new toy yesterday - a 12' apache canoe (Canadian style) great fun, just don't make any sudden sideways manoeuvres :whistle: - at least the water didn't seem too cold for a swim. :blink: hmy: ops: :silly:

Comment

Ritzy - glad that you had such a good visit.

Rosemary - great about the canoe. Do you know one of the definitions of a 'true' Canadian that refers to canoes? If you haven't heard, email me. I can't say it on the forum :blush:

Comment

Lotti - I agree with the others, hope you continue to heal quickly!
                  Luann - I can't believe how fast you are! I'm trying to work on my rows but thanks to "morning" sickness (which should be called all day sickness) I've spent most of my vacation time in bed or on the couch. :sick: Tomorrow I go back to work...hopefully I'll get more done this weekend

I am happy how my first two rows are coming along. My color choices have created an unexpected "secondary" pattern. Hope the recipients like it too!

Ritzy - glad your holidays turned out well. I think ours get better each passing year!

Comment

Rosemary - you are a brave soul to attempt canoeing in the winter!

~ Jen

Comment

I've skimmed all of your latest posts, and can't comment on every one right now, but hope every rower is having a great holiday season. Personally, I celebrate Christmas and spent a few days in the Los Angeles area with our daughter, husband, and almost two year old granddaughter. Just finished unpacking and doing laundry today. (Got in super late last night due to domino effect, late flights, from all of the storms across the nation.)

Luann, I pray the haste in doing all of your rows early, is not a health issue with an upcoming year of surgeries and doctor visits for you or anyone in your family!

And Lotti, I sure hope your ear is doing better! What a bummer! I hope you were able to enjoy some small parts of Christmas.

Blessing to you all! It is hard to believe it is almost next year. And, I have not yet to start my first row.

Dawn

Comment

Dont tell me we all have to send you emails just to find out. Out with it, Terrie!

Comment

Ouch! Lois, you've twisted my arm too much!

Okay, here is it:

A TRUE Canadian is one who can make love in a canoe. (without it tipping over!) Pierre Berton

Comment

Terrie, thank you. Your definition brought a smile to my face. What I will not ask is if you are a true Canadian. Have a good day!

Comment

Terrie, you comment made me chuckle lol
                              Dorothy

Comment

Actually, it's a quote from a famous Canadian historian. Pierre Berton. I guess he was having a funny moment!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2184 users online. 209 members and 1975 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X