Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idaho, Lois, and Barb
    AND FABRIKATH!!
    Can you send me your themes and physical addresses on the same page? I am ready to start putting some of the info up, for the over achievers in the group that need to keep themselves out of the local pub,,, :whistle: :whistle

Looking forward to adding you to the group.

Luann

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Having been away from the Forum for many months, I think this will be a delightful way to jump back in. I have never completed a Row Quilt myself, though I did start one where the rows were all the same (little houses) except for the fabrics used, so this will be a new experience for me. I love the idea of a Round Robin variation.
      I will email my info to Annie Lu shortly. "Thank you" and "I like your posts" to each and every one of you.
      Kath (signature design pending)
      KatH

Comment

Luann I was on topic for once :lol: Am I to assume you want your quilt landscape rather than portrait?

Comment

Check out the first post if you didn't get the updated notice, as I have posted names and themes

We have 10 that all info has been rec'd
          And 4 I'm waiting on,,

I think this is going to be a lot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=133367
            Luann I was on topic for once :lol: Am I to assume you want your quilt landscape rather than portrait?
            I'm open to either orientation, as I think I could use both !
            See how this one was done,

I hope the picture is large enough to see the egret, I actually saw that row yesterday at 'clubhouse'. I love the background with the silhouette of black, it was stunning. The theme for this row by row was "water".

Comment

That's really clever

Comment

Wendy,
                I thought so too. And it's a method of using more rows without it becoming a big long strip set.
                Also thought that if a person is making blocks that would be joined into the final length, they could just send blocks and I could use them for corners, etc.
                I'll probably update that on the first page as I'm so open to the idea,,,

Comment

I am going to be a lurker for this fun exchange! My husband has a serious lung issue & is currently scheduled for numerous tests at the University of Michigan over the next few months, about 2 hours from us. I'm not ready to add another commitment right now.

So enjoy and us lurkers will enjoy along with you!
                  Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I have been trying to ignore this, but it is calling to me!! Count me in. Theme would be my "3Ss" (Sun, Sand, Salt water!). Colors would be bright and, well, sunny. I don't care if it is once a month or every other month.

Comment

Carrie wishing your husband well and good to have you as a star lurker. You can tell me what's going on

Comment

Wow I make that 15 joining in so far!
                        Looking at all the themes, the general impression seems to be that we are having a beach party - there could be sand everywhere :lol:

If I did continue with doing the bog coat, I would also have spares to put into the bed cover, that DH asked for :whistle: . However I would need you kind friends to bear in mind the piecing constraints I mentioned in my previous post about it (2 pairs of strips at 6" x 18" and 2 pairs of strips that are only 3" wide). This would be four of you doing something a bit different to the 'classic' requirements. I leave it open for you to decide if you would like to do one of the 'oddball' strips and to let me know. Then I can see if I can make it up or not depending on what comes in.

Comment

Carrie enjoy your lurking, and don't forget to chat to us too. Wishing things go well for your DH, and hoping you don't get too bored in the waiting rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by "bhalbard" post=133392
                            I have been trying to ignore this, but it is calling to me!! Count me in. Theme would be my "3Ss" (Sun, Sand, Salt water!). Colors would be bright and, well, sunny. I don't care if it is once a month or every other month.
                            BRENDA,
                            Please send this info and your phyiscal address to my personal email. Once I receive the info I will add you to the 'joined' group
                            Thanks
                            Luann

[email protected]

Comment

Can someone tell me if you guys get notified when I update the first post. I've been changing things as I get the info, but not sure if you know it's happening.

Before making something do check first post, as I will try to keep it up to date with changes and adding names to the list

Comment

My head's still spinning from the work involved in taking care of things after my MIL's death. So I've been lurking and not contributing. Just read post #1 again to clear my head about just how this is going to work. I need to make sure that I am not biting off more than I can chew. Right now I believe I counted 15 participants and I don't know if it's realistic for me to think I can do a row every month for 15 months. I am not sure what I would do with 15 rows even if some were vertical or less than 6 1/2" H. With the Whisphers Group we cut it off after we had 10 people wanting to participate to keep it from getting too unwieldy. There was some discussion about every other month. Is anyone else having these concerns?

Luann, We do not get notified. Your question is what made me go back to read it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1978 users online. 156 members and 1822 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X