Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that is me stuffed for any prizes at FoQ. I just got the competition catalogue and Phillipa Naylor has also put one into the Miniatures section and she always wins on entry :sick:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I am relieved to hear you are still kicking. Sounds like there are a few husbands around who would benefit from having a bit of gentle kicking aimed at you know what! I am sure it's a challenge. Here's hoping you come up with some creative ways to meet the challenge and find some peaceful time to yourselves.

Rosemary, I still have faith in you! Don't give up hope!

Comment

Karen, your "small" sewing is so nice - what a handsome and cute pair you get ot holiday with!
        Luann wrote:
        >>What format is your digitized image in? That may not be the correct description, but it's those extra letters beyond the (dot). Like .jpg <<
        I draw in Inkscape and save in .svg and then export to .png because neither my Bernina nor Embird Studio will open .svg (Studio can but you have to have Font Engine plug-in which I don't); 6D will open .svg files
        Lotti - what a great bunch you get to hang out with - I want sunshine like yours and then I'll go and imitate Granny bear :lol:
        Wendy - lovely colours and you must have had fun because you're off to a great start. Your "minus-the-dog" piece is fantastic - please don't over-do it. Just because the teacher did something you don't have to. To me it is a very day-dreaming piece - like it very much
        Marilyn - sorry to hear about your DH. Must be very frustrating for him and consequently for you too. Sending you lots of M&Ms for you to share with him
        Oh Rosemary! That's the problem with big shows - very disheartening for amateurs when "big names" enters. But like Lois says, don't give up hope and at the end of the day it's the taking part that counts and lots of people will have great joy from seeing your piece.
        I've finished my quil-ket! How nice it is to finish the month with a finish :lol:

Tomorrow is a new month and a new Topic. Thanks to Luann for being up and ready to go despite her so-called clutter. Hope you end the month with a tidy room, Luann. Will it help if there's chocolate at the end of the tidying?
        Have a great week-end
        Marianne

Comment

Marianne way to go :woohoo: getting the quilket done!!! love it, and it looks so cozy
          Marilyn where are you from? By the time I retired, DH had been retired for a year, so he had gotten to outside projects...not sure if that's a good thing though :P
          Rosemary .....you may still win a prize, don't give up! Your piece is awesome!!! :cheer:
          Wendy- I agree with Marianne, I really like your piece the way it is
          Karen- love the outfits, and the kids are sooo cute
          I am attempting to make a tote out of repurposed ties. It's for my niece, and the ties belonged to her grandfather, so it means a lot to her. Hope I can do it justice :unsure:
          Lois- I loved the bags you made, and hoping mine comes out anywhere near as well as that lol
          Dorothy

Comment

P.M.A. Positive mental attitude Rosemary......Your quilt is gorgeous. I would love to see it but am not able to go to the show this year.
            All this chocolate floating around and I've just been diagnosed with PRE-diabetes so I'm going to be good no chocolate ...no biscuits and no Rowntrees Fruit Gums.
            Good luck Rosemary.
            Anne

Comment

Love your calm colours Marianne well done getting it finished.

Anne sorry about your pre diabetes you're going to be a lot healthier than us because of it rather the modified munching

Comment

You all have busy this month. I don't think I have done much quilting, other than finishing the portrait quilt. We are leaving to visit friends when DH gets home from work. We will be gone a week, then two days after we get back I am having a family reunion at my house. We usually go to a park, but I forgot to reserve a pavillion so I just invited everyone here. As hot as it has been the AC will be appreciated. My house is not cleaned up yet, but I will work on it when I get home. I always do better under pressure. I did wash and replace the sheets, packed our suitcases, froze some tomatoes, and I am babysitting too. That sounds more productive.
                When we get over the traveling and the company, I will play with my camera and try to get some pics.
                Luann, you would feel right at home in my sewing area, but I think mine is more cluttered. :blush: :blush: Oh well, as Scarlett said: "Tomorrow is another day." Hopefully, I will get more done next month.

Comment

Do today what needs doing today and what makes you feel good - tomorrow will come whatever we do today - the important things we need to do each day are:
                  - wake up prepared to have the best day of our lives
                  - something that makes someone smile
                  - something that makes us smile
                  - appreciate the good things we have
                  - enjoy the little things
                  - go to bed knowing that tomorrow could be the best day of our lives

... And we all know that tomorrow might just bring that absolutely perfect piece of fabric we've always been waiting for
                  Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by "PosyP" post=132022
                    Well that is me stuffed for any prizes at FoQ. I just got the competition catalogue and Phillipa Naylor has also put one into the Miniatures section and she always wins on entry :sick:
                    I'm not familiar with the name, but if amateurs and professionals are competing, it would be better if they had categories for each so they don't have to compete.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=132035
                      Originally posted by "PosyP" post=132022
                      I'm not familiar with the name, but if amateurs and professionals are competing, it would be better if they had categories for each so they don't have to compete.

Kathy
                      Kathy, that is the way it is at all major quilt shows! The newbies and the pros are all judged the same! IQA does have a "first time entering" category, as does the Hoffman challenge. But, my Hoffman Challenge quilt was right in there with the big names like Ann Peterson, Sharon Shlotzhauer, Jaqueline de Jong, etc. These ladies have won many contests, have their own patterns, teach classes and so forth. As for Philippa Naylor, she is a perfectionist, and an incredible quilter. Again, a teacher, big time winner, and has a couple of books out there. I have taken an FMQ class from her, and last year an appliqué class. I have both of her books. But, you are right! The newbies, or those who have never entered a show or never won before, or not a professional, should somehow be judged differently. Like in golf.....they get a handicap!

Rosemary, I hope your little quilt just blows them away! It is great!

Dawn

Comment

Rosemary, i totally believe in your little quilt - and as there are a few prizes going, I'll be very generous and give Philippa second (that is quilt unseen - decision can be revised on visual evidence) :side: :side:

Comment

Phillipa Naylor has been a guest on the Quilt Show. I too have taken a fmq class with her a few years ago, and she said then that all the quilts she had made & entered had won prizes. Ah well, we will just have to wait and see. Judging takes place on Wednesday I believe, so not too long to wait now.

Comment

We're leaving the Whistler BC area tomorrow we've had a wonderful family vacation. Spending the next 10 days or so in and around the Seattle area. However no quilting even will all my good intentions.....
                            Rosemary - Your quilt is great hang in there!
                            Anne - glad you know about your pre diabetes lots of good diabetic food ideas on the web.
                            Marianne - love your completed quil-ket!
                            Geneva - sounds like a busy fun summer for you!
                            Lotti - I agree re doing today.......
                            Luann - Thanks for posting the July virtual retreat.

Barb

Comment

Barb, I just got back from BC too. We were in Vancouver, Quadra and Cortes Island, Tofino and Victoria, and a few spots on the way. Lovely place. I've been to Seattle and loved it! I loved the air!

Comment

Thanks Luann I enjoyed July retreat although I didn't meet objectives I got a fair amount of other stuff done and have loved seeing others work and chatting generally

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1934 users online. 161 members and 1773 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X