Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We took a slice of landscape to make the quilt. This was my inspiration photo of my friends farm in Australia. Before you say it I omitted the dog. :blink:

And my quilt so far. I have to add stems to the waterlilies and some leaves then beads and sequins but could do with some advice on how to liven it up. Perhaps I should add some red to the green areas. The triangles represent the petals fading and drifting away. On our tutors quilt she had put squares and bling to represent water tumbling down a cliff face.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I'm not going to be a help, as I'm liking it the way it is,, but I can empathize with you. When you want more if something and it's playing hide and seek with your eyes! Take a chocolate break and put your mind into something very unrelated, then come back and see if it speaks to you about what it wants.
      Enjoy the process, I sure am enjoying watching over your shoulder!!
      Luann

Comment

Wendy, I think it looks lovely as it is. Well you haven't got any water tumbling down the cliff side in your original picture, so that won't work. Perhaps you need a dog in it to liven it up :P

Geneva, congratulations on the newist members of your family.

Dorothy love your camping photos.

Comment

Wendy, beautiful piece, great fabrics.

Kathy

Comment

Thanks it looks so different to when I posted the pic a couple of days ago - page 27

Rosemary you can make a dog for me to put in. Thanks xx

Right who's coming camping with Dorothy to that lovely place

Comment

Dorothy....where are you camping ? And I can't seem to find your profile...where are you from? Inquiring minds want to know. :cheer:

Comment

Awesome Wendy - love the pond!!!!
                Barb :-)

Comment

Loving both your projects, Wendy. Instead of the dog, I would suggest a lizard, maybe one of Rosemary's fabulous beaded lizzards ... Certainly BLING!
                  Congratulations Geneva, and enjoy the wedding.

I'd love to join you on that camping trip... Sleeping bag is still here and ready, tomorrow night I hopefully receive the new lens for my camera... I'm now officially broke - no more shopping for me... (But oh so happy)
                  Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

It's embarrassing!!
                    I just looked at my post of what my intentions for July were. I haven't done anything more on any of the THREE things I listed. I only listed three because I figured that way I'd get a little something done on at least one area! Well, perhaps I can count not eating as much chocolate as before,,, but I'm still addicted to sugars!
                    And here's what my sewing room still looks like.

But my longarm is in position and I am learning how to work with it. So, even though the plans I intended to do didn't happen, something else did. Ain't that the way life goes?! I'm currently overwhelmed with 'where' to put the "stuff" that will stay in my sewing room and how to arrange the extra necessities for the longarm room. Sometimes a lot of space is harder to deal with than one would imagine. I'm probably going to use some boxes and just put stuff out of sight, label the boxes, and work with what I NEED until I figure out what can be disposed of. Sighing heavily,,,, LOL
                    Well, off to the call of the clutter,,,
                    May God bless every one of you with a day of 'easy sorting' of your stuff,
                    Luann

Comment

I am from Montana, and we were camping at Crystal park...not too far from Dillon :-)

Comment

Hey retreat peeps,,,
                        It's time for a new thread and this time I titled it so we can continue until the end of 2015 with it. i think that dividing it up by half a year, or quarters if this gets too long, will be ok. If not, we can always change things up.
                        So the new title is. Virtual retreat Aug thru Dec 2015.

Hope this finds all of you and your remainder of 2015 is filled with interesting events

Luann

Comment

Thanks ! Dorothy.....beautiful country there !

Comment

Been wondering where you've been, Marilyn. Good to see you here! Hope you are well!

Comment

Well, Lois...I've been lurkin' around out here, following all the adventures. I'm not getting a heck of a lot done
                              sewing...a little hand work and such. Adapting to DH's retirement has/is a struggle. :sick: He is doing well after
                              the heart attack but sure can keep me hoppin' with chores and meals and garden and so on. Likes me to
                              be close at hand....as it were.... :unsure: Some remodeling projects, painting , new flooring and windows...
                              carpet later. All the moving and clearing out and putting back sucks the fun out of the days ! But...
                              this too, shall pass! And now , it's hot again ! :evil: Now where'd I put those M&Ms ?? :whistle:

Comment

Oh Marilyn tell me about it. I'm glad he's doing well after the heart attack but you need time for yourself to enjoy life as well, don't let him use his illness to keep you from a life.
                                My OH hasn't got over this stage yet. Retirement not illness. At the moment I have a bucket at the toilet, no doors on most of the rooms in the house, a bath in the conservatory and I have to fight through my sewing room to find my machine. The living room ceiling is next on the list but I'm going to a quilt show next Saturday when that's being done :evil: They'll run out of house and find their own interests soon

Have some more chocolate

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1932 users online. 166 members and 1766 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X