Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Quiltingrosebud" post=131945
    The case of the disappearing message. Once again, my pics were upside down. I wanted to post a photo of the Judy Neimeyer 4th of July quilt I worked on this month. I will try again in September. Have a wonderful August everyone.
    Quilting Rosebud,
    I know you want your pictures right side up, but,, I just finished looking at them, and swoosh!!! They were gone. PLEASE don't fret over the orientation on our virtual retreat, after all the girls in Australia probably get them right side up!! Never can tell about the effects of the equator!! LOL
    And I would like to understand all this digitizing talk we are doing. I'm learning, but so far I'm just tweaking other people's designs. I have used EQ 6&7 in the past to design some, modern looking quilts. My Granddaughter, Hannah, made up her design also. She was 5 at the time and got hers done much faster than I did. Kids don't sweat the 'how will this work' part of things. They just figure it will, and if it doesn't they adjust, cuz it's what they do,, oh to create like a child,,,
    Anyway, I'm keen to understand more, share, and learn what works for others. I have a very old embroidery machine that uses only 4" or less designs and they must be in pes format, I think. The Art & Stitch program gave a list of all kinds of formats that it will work with. So, I think it's going to be very easy to share a design. And yes it is supposed to work for embroidery machines too.

Is there another thread for digitizers? Or will we just pop in and out at the monthly retreats?
    Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by "Renata" post=131942
      Thanks, Marianne, for explaining your toys! I hope that you will keep posting your digitized designs--I know a few people (I'm sure there are more) on this Forum who are passionate about digitizing and would love to see more of what you do. As I get back to doing more digitizing, I'll be happy to share too. I have two friends I get together with on a quasi-monthly basis--we all digitize embroidery--to learn new things together and to share what we have been working on. Lots of learning happens during these meetings!
      I'm very happy to share digitizng stuff if the rest of the people who hang out here don't mind. You're very lucky to have somebody near you who digitize too. It's always fun to learn together. Please share your stuff too.
      Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "Quiltingrosebud" post=131945
        The case of the disappearing message. Once again, my pics were upside down. I wanted to post a photo of the Judy Neimeyer 4th of July quilt I worked on this month. I will try again in September. Have a wonderful August everyone.
        What a pity, Quiltingrosebud. I find it can be difficult to figure out what happens to the picture but don't worry about them being upside down . it's good exercise to reach your toes and hang upside down or so my physio told me :P
        Enjoy your August too.
        Marianne

Comment

Luann, I don't think there are many digitizing threads on the forum but if the other retreaters don't mind isn't the easiest thing to just post here? I digitize in between sewing clothes and patchwork and FMQ and.......... so if we can pop in and out here whatever we are working on it's much more fun than being in a corner in an outbuilding - we would need our very own stash of chocolate then and have to get a kettle too hmy:
          :P

Marianne

Comment

There have been so many posts that I'm not sure anymore if this is where I mentioned the sun suits for the grand babies.
            We are on the beach in South Carolina, Kiawah Island and I FINALLY finished them putting on the buttons and snaps here.we're having a wonderful time all together.

This was the practice try to see if I liked the pattern and if they would fit

Here are the real ones in the fabric I wanted. I ended up using both different patterns than the practice.
            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I am quite new to digitizing also. Sharing techniques and info sounds good to me too.

Sorry you are all disappointed I removed my pics. I do appreciate the humour regarding our Aussie friends bring able to see them right way around. The close ups weren't too bad, but the overall photo was unacceptable to me. In September I will bind the quilt and I will post photos via the computer rather than the IPad.
              Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by "kfstitcher" post=131950
                There have been so many posts that I'm not sure anymore if this is where I mentioned the sun suits for the grand babies.
                We are on the beach in South Carolina, Kiawah Island and I FINALLY finished them putting on the buttons and snaps here.we're having a wonderful time all together.

This was the practice try to see if I liked the pattern and if they would fit

Here are the real ones in the fabric I wanted. I ended up using both different patterns than the practice.
                Karen,
                You are just down the road from me! I'm in Summerville! Enjoy your family time. It's quite humid and temps are pretty high. Are you getting an ocean breeze?
                Luann
                Alberta, Canada

Comment

Maryanne,
                  What format is your digitized image in? That may not be the correct description, but it's those extra letters beyond the (dot). Like .jpg
                  Alberta, Canada

Comment

A
                    Originally posted by "AnnieLu" post=131955
                    Karen,
                    You are just down the road from me! I'm in Summerville! Enjoy your family time. It's quite humid and temps are pretty high. Are you getting an ocean breeze?
                    Luann
                    We passed a sign for the Summerville exit today and I told my daughters about you and your fabric dyeing. There has been a breeze. Thank goodness because it is hot! Hey do you know if the People, places and Quilts shop is still open in Summerville? Both of the shops I used to stop in in Charleston say they are permanently closed.

Comment

Karen,
                      PPQ is still open. Sew n Sew in N. main st is closed. There is a shop in Mt Pleasant by the big mall. And another one in either Monks Corner or Goose Creek, I haven't been there so I'm not sure but I'm thinking Monks Corner. Also, depending on how you are traveling there's one in Orangeburg, which is up hwy 26 going towards Columbia.
                      How long are you down to the beach for?

Comment

Thanks for the info Luann. We go back to Ohio Sunday morning. The week always goes so fast!

Comment

Karen, Thanks for the picts of the Grandchildren, I presume. I miss your blogs regard your family vacations. Always loved the family photo. I am remembering you all dressed alike. I have many fond memories of Kiawah. Our family had many happy vacaions there when our children were young. We always took my husbands parents with us. I like thinking about you being there.

Comment

Hi everyone! Just got back from a week long camping trip with kids, grandkids, niece and her son, and some friends...had a GREAT time We dug for quartz crystals...found lots of them :woohoo:
                            Luann...got the article today, can't wait to try it out!! Thank you soooo much!!!!
                            Will try to catch up with everybody tomorrow :blink:
                            Dorothy

Comment

Originally posted by "loise98" post=131966
                              Karen, Thanks for the picts of the Grandchildren, I presume. I miss your blogs regard your family vacations. Always loved the family photo. I am remembering you all dressed alike. I have many fond memories of Kiawah. Our family had many happy vacaions there when our children were young. We always took my husbands parents with us. I like thinking about you being there.
                              Aw thanks Lois for your sweet comment.

Comment

Quiltingrosebud: don't worry about upside-downs or sideways - we're all pretty good at rolling our eyes - and i for one do need the exercise i get from any viewing-contortions. looking forward to seeing your quilt.

Marianne: don't buy that Kettle - I love the way our retreat gives us so much information from this that and everything else... and i'm sure i'm not alone in that - i just refilled the M&M bowl and also added a bunch of my favourite Sprungli Grand Cru Chocolate Truffles - enjoy! :woohoo: :P :woohoo:

Karen: love those sun-clothes and of course your grands - and I just joined Lois on memory lane with your great familiy fotos! :woohoo:

Luann: thanks again for putting your great idea of the virtual retreat into motion... such a great place to chat, share and sometimes actually do some work :silly:

Everyone: wishing you a fabulous rest of the week ...
                                and if like me - you're in need of a good relax - here a few friends to show you how...

speedy - the fox:

the raccoon papa (while his kids are running about and doing way tooo much):

Fraenzi - the Grandma-Bear (she's 32 years old - and the oldest known bear in europe - oh yea, she's a Syrian Brownbear):

or the young male Sika-Deer - I think he stole our M&M's:

whatever you do - enjoy
                                Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2304 users online. 245 members and 2059 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25587   Active Members: 1,297  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X