Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosemary, love your little quilt. What a great job you did on it. Good luck, hope it gets a ribbon.

Margarita

Comment

Rosemary, Maxiature is beautiful and I, too, wish you many prizes for that beauty. I love the border quilting--you are right, it truly called for it and is perfect.

Annis, the mug rug is so well made and unique and I would never get tired of red and white... your quilts are beautiful!

Kathy, I have not done too much with white backgrounds, but so far, my favorite white is Kona (I use the "snow" shade of white but have used the stark white as well. One of my sisters, who is a prolific quilter, has a distinct preference for Moda Bella (I've never used it so I could not tell you). I also love SewBatik's white fabric for backgrounds. As a batik, it is dense and hard to see through. Mixing batiks and other more conventional woven cotton fabrics has never been an issue for me. In fact, I mix batiks with other fabrics all the time.

Comment

Kathy,
        I would use Kona snow, or Kona white for background in a quilt top. It is denser than the white I use for dyeing. P&B Textiles' Dyers Muslin is a nice weight for absorbing dyes but as a white a bit too thin for me.

Comment

Rosemary,
          That quilt should get a high prize! The workmanship is amazing.
          You go girl!!
          Luann

Comment

Originally posted by "PosyP" post=131808
            Well, I am hoping that the judges don't see the mistakes that I think are there :whistle:

Oh & Luann, thanks for the beautiful hand dyes they arrived safely this week :kiss:
            You are most welcome. Keep an eye on my blog, more giveaways are in the planning stages.
            Luann
            Www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com

Comment

The detail in Maxiature is amazing. Impressive. Thank you for sharing.
              Alberta, Canada

Comment

Marianne, Olaf is a character form Disney's Frozen.
                Alberta, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions on the white fabric. Kona has a bit of a rough texture for me, so I'll take a look at the others.

Kathy
                  Alberta, Canada

Comment

Been busy with work and the kiddos lately and haven't had much time to visit...I've looked through all of the pictures and posts and must say everyone's projects look stunning! Rosemary, I agree with everyone - that quilt is sure to win a prize!

Luann - I too received a beautiful package in the mail! Thank you so much! Not sure what I'm going to do with this beautiful fabric, but it is sure to find a happy home :cheer:

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend! Just found out I've been put on call, so no rest for the wicked I'm afraid. :blink: Hoping I can sneek away from the little ones when my mother-in-law comes to visit and find a few moments of stress relief in my sewing room - but I know that will end in tears when my pager decides to go off at the worse possible moment. :S

Comment

Love the wonderful pictures.

Comment

Rosemary, Maxiature is absolutely drop dead gorgeous - I defy any judge to disagree with me

Beautiful Quilts, Annis, you're going to make some people very happy - but I have no clue what the name of the block was - am in general pretty clueless on block pattern names - for me if it's star shaped and pointy it's a type of star, if it seems to be turning it's either a falling star or a type of windmill... (Most likely that's because I'm lousy at following individual block patterns and generally rather do something wonky. :whistle: ops: :whistle:
                        There's no to small or too large for a mug rug - just the wrong size of stuff people use it for! If I have a proper 'three pines' cafe au lait'' bowl and croissant - I really need your larger muggie
                        Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Rosemary, that quilt is amazing!!! What is the size of it? WOW it will be a winner.

Sharon in HOT Colorado

Comment

The baby has been installed and tested. Today will be a review/training in basic machine operation.
                            Everything about it appears to be in perfect shape, despite the delivery man's attempt at giving me a heart attack!! :silly:

And soon there will be more fun stuff coming from me.

Thanks to all of you that empathized with the beginning of this week.

May God bless you with a bobbin that lasts thru the seam your sewing,
                            Luann

Comment

Gosh that looks complex. Good luck

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wendy,
                                It's really quite easy once you get your rhythm working for you. The computerized portion has a learning curve, but as long as I go one step at a time, it should be fine. Listen to me,, oh woman of confidence!? LOL
                                LUANN

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2304 users online. 245 members and 2059 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25587   Active Members: 1,297  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X