Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting Rosebud,
    Your Olaf quilt looks warm and comfy. Who is it for? All of my Grandkids can sing Let It Go. And when they stomp their feet, you'd think the ice was heading out!! They are pretty animated when they do it.
    I like the snowflake blocks. Have you ever done that pattern with scrappy pieces. It just looks like it would turn out beautiful that way too.
    Luann
    PS. Glad you found this thread. I will try to start another one for August so we don't get too many pages to wade thru when we're looking for something. I just wanted to let you know.
    Alberta, Canada

Comment

I'm getting several messages that Rosebud has posted pictures but when I go to the thread I only can see the one with Olaf. Is anyone else having the same problem?
      Rosebud,
      Perhaps you can go back to the thread and make sure that your pictures are there! I'd hate to have you think we've seen them and not commented on them.
      Looking forward to seeing more of your work
      Luann
      Alberta, Canada

Comment

The reason you are having a problem seeing my pics is that I am having trouble posting them. They come out upside down. I have no idea why. So I delete the posts. I will take new photos with my camera sometime and post from the computer.
        Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by "Quiltingrosebud" post=131732
          The reason you are having a problem seeing my pics is that I am having trouble posting them. They come out upside down. I have no idea why. So I delete the posts. I will take new photos with my camera sometime and post from the computer.
          Just ask Wendy/twiglet she can tell you all about posting picts upside-down from an iPad.

Comment

Turning the photos upside down before posting still did not work. Go figure
            Alberta, Canada

Comment

Tthe Sisters pattern suggests using a variety of colours. I felt it didn't work well with Olaf. I had to do the math to use just 2 colours. I embroidered large snowflakes in each block, then a variety of sizes throughout the panel. It is for my brothers family. They LOVE Olaf.
              Alberta, Canada

Comment

Wendy - love photos of your garden and the girls. We saw these girls on our trip north to Whistler. As you can see these girls
                are are wearing saddles since they are not nearly as civil as your girls!
                Alberta, Canada

Comment

OK--I need some help. Since I am a city girl--I have no idea why a chicken would have a "saddle" (or for that matter fabric on its' back). Can you tell me about that picture Barb?
                  Alberta, Canada

Comment

Hi Ritz - We toured the High Desert Museum near Bend and Sisters Oregon. They, had an early days farm exhibit complete with docents, chickens and burrows. I asked the same question since years ago we had chickens and they did not have saddles. The answer surprised me the chickens wearing the saddles had been hen pecked down thru the feathers by peer chickens. Without the saddles they would not heal. We were told the the expression hen pecked came from that chickens behavior.
                    Barb
                    Alberta, Canada

Comment

Boy I'm behind on the July Retreat!
                      Lotti - so glad you're posting you're pictures! We had the pleasure a few years ago to visit Switzerland and Germany tracing DH's family roots. Many of your pictures remind me of the wonderful places we visited. Fun to see your quilts and thanks for the tutorials.
                      Ritzy - love the critter quilts glad to hear you've gotten caught up. Sounds like your sinus are healing too. Love to see pics of the twins when the time comes. The Imperial Moth is very impressive.
                      Rosemary - fun to see the picture of hubby and Lilly. Fun to hear you caned the seats that's something I've not tried to do. Good luck with Maxiture too.
                      Annis - really like your DbIL quilt. Good luck with the move.
                      Margaret - love to see your progress on your Dear Jane quilt.
                      Karen - how did the sun suits turn out?
                      Marianne - neat machine covers. I need to make one too for my Bernie. (I've not joined pinterest I'll have to reconsider).
                      Luann - yikes re your new longarm machine hope shes ok out of the box.
                      Jdeluka - love the wedding star quilt. I've purchased the pattern but not started.
                      Dorothy - great appliqued ladies and fabulous hand dyes. I've not considered hand dyes.
                      Lois - wonderful new family gifts I'm sure all will be enjoyed.
                      Wendy - really liked your tree quilt sorry to hear the back stitching was not up to par. I really like re purposed coasters and the wizzed finish. I need to try that sometime.
                      Kathy - fun to see how you made the circle toddler quilt! I've purchased a couple things from Quilters Haven, she has nice things.
                      Heather - enjoyed seeing your projects. Fun to hear about a couching class at Houston. I'd love to see the Houston Show sometime.

Barb
                      Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by "Quiltingrosebud" post=131720
                        Hi everyone! I just found this thread. I've had a busy July. I completed 2 quilts, a backpack and a wallet. All this while trying to quilt my Judy Neimeyer 4th of July quilt. I will be away in August but back in September. See you then unless I complete something next week.
                        Hello Rosebud - fun to hear and see what you've completed! I'm on the road now not home until mid August.

Barb
                        Alberta, Canada

Comment

Those chickens are beautiful they can come and live here. Your answer about saddles wasn't quite right. They're to protect them from the damage caused by a rather amorous cockeral's spurs :lol: They're very fine saddles

Rosebud your quilt is beautiful. Yes I've suffered a lot from the reception here with my upside down pictures . If they don't stay turned I use a different photo editor on my laptop. If you take pics with iPad try with the button on the right or just tell people to turn their computer on it's side :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wendy - thanks for your input re the chicken saddle I suspect the docent didn't know about the cockeral's spurs, I sure didn't.
                            Barb :-)

Comment

Barb, the class is actually just on Free Motion Quilting (an intro for beginners) -- I got the email confirmation that I did in fact get in, so now I'm anxiously counting down until the end of October....just over three months to go! It's an all-day class (6 hours) and using the HQ sit down Sweet 16; should be amazing!! Have alerted my husband this will be the year I upgrade my machine.....

I am very lucky to live in the Houston area, so attending the show is quite easy Last year was my first time going, and it knocked me speechless for quite a while. This year we'll go more days; last year my friend and I went to preview night and then Saturday all day; this year we'll be there for VIP preview night (an extra 2 hrs), then classes on Thursday/show/maybe stay for Quiltapalooza Thurs. evening, then back again on Saturday (and maybe/maybe not go up for a few hours on Friday or Sunday). Looking foward to it!

Comment

Rosebud, love your OLAF quilt. The border is particularly pretty--will definitely keep it in mind for future borders... welcome to the FORUM!

Luann, nice job on your hand dyed fabric!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2219 users online. 215 members and 2004 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X