Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosemary I will try the Profelan Arnica cream, Geneva gave me a prescription for wine and I have tried that with great effect (on the night). Sounds like you had a great day at Oxford - I love days that involve art activities.
    Love Pam

Comment

I found a table runner I liked, called "Lily Dreams," in Edyta Sitar's book "Hop to It..." This, too, is a gift... I can never seem to hang on to anything I make... :lol: It's made entirely from scraps in the favorite colors of the intended recipient. She'll be receiving it in a couple of days. The hardest part, for me, was figuring out how to quilt it, but I stitched in the ditch to give me as much flexibility with the different densities of quilting I used for the middle block and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by "dorothy.j.wolf" post=131636
        oooooh sounds wonderful Rosemary!!
        Still working on my first batch of hand dyes....had one (blue violet) that ended up with speckles of red on it, but so far the rest are turning out ok. We'll see after I get them all washed out :unsure:
        Dorothy,
        I've had that problem myself at times. I think it was Judy that said she strained her dyes through coffee filters. I'm going to try that on my upcoming dye workshops. I just know this: DO NOT THINK YOU CAN USE PAPER TOWELING FOR THIS,!!! And I think a skewer through one of the filters that's flat and opens at the top would be the way to go. I wonder if a fill-your-own tea bag down the throat of a proper sized jar, rubber banded to top ring, might also work.
        When I get spots I just cut around them for fussy cutting, make sure they will land in a seam, appliqué over them, do some surface design work over them, or add more with various methods and act like it was exactly what I was going for!! LOL
        Most importantly, enjoy what ever you get. We can drive ourselves bonkers trying to be perfect. Ask my how I know!
        May God bless your stitches.
        Luann

Comment

Just found the perfect bag of m&m's...

Comment

Renata I love it your applique is so good and so is your quilting. Lovely present

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks Rosemary

Comment

It's beautiful, Renata! I love the colors and the quilting choices! I know your friend will love it!!

Comment

Renata, your quilt is very pretty. Your various quilting motifs fit it perfectly. You are a very nice friend!

Rosemary! How did you know I needed those M&Ms? I've been sewing all day and am tuckered out. That is so cute. Did you make it up or did you find those somewhere?

Pemela, yes, by all means, a wee whiskey before bed is necessary. What type do you like? My husband and sons like whiskey. Glad I could assist in your recovery!

Hope the coming week will be good for everyone....

geneva
                  Geneva

Comment

Originally posted by "PosyP" post=131560
                    Found some great chocolates to share here
                    Yum Rosemary they look good enough to eat! (Haha)!

Barb
                    Geneva

Comment

Wow Renata love the table runner, applique and the quilting!

Barb
                      Geneva

Comment

fab fab table runner, renata, your friend will be overjoyed!
                        love that M&M medicine-package, great find Rosemary, and thanks for sharing them with us, mmmmmh!

from yesterday's walk...

wishing you all a fabulous fabulous week...
                        Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Gosh - I'm so behind reading. 87 messages while I've been cooking, being tour guide and entertainer. Visitors are great to see but also very, very tiring. Got to get back into the creative saddle so will look through some eye candy.
                          Wendy; making curtains by hand!!!!!! Wow you're one determined lady - do you have a M-i-L looking over your shoulder? You deserve a whole bag of M&Ms to yourself after that!
                          Lois - I've got a teflon foot for an old machine that is out of action. Will see if it can be fixed to another machine and give the laminate a try.
                          Luann and Nancy, you both mention that you use a walking foot on laminate - doesn't that leave marks? DD tried that and she said she had marks on the top side but she can't reduce the foot pressure on her machine so maybe that is why.
                          Heather - lots of eye candy from you. Fingers crossed you get into the FMQ class at Houston - Just going must be very exciting! I can't imagine how I would feel if I got to go :lol:
                          Rosemary, your mini bargello is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Jaw dropping amazing - thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to quiltwise on this gem. Art in Action is a wonderful place to spend time. Haven't been for over 15 years. Used to be a must for the summer when I lived in Oxfordshire. DD goes most years so hope to join her - maybe next year.
                          I would need bags of only blue M&Ms!!!!!!!!!
                          Kathy - I did a table runner and a Sweet Sixteen bag a long time ago using that technique. It is so effective and really easy to do. I only used wadding in the table runner. You can use 4-patches for the "back" and get interesting patterns
                          Renata your table runner is delightful - love the colours. Would go so nicely with my dining room rug; hint-hint
                          The dyed fabric is so gorgeous. I almost regret giving up dyeing when I see fabrics like these but I had so many disasters and never really enjoyed using the fabric I dyed so better leave it to others and just drool over the colours :silly:
                          Hope to keep up with the thread now. The rest of July should be quiet but who knows? :side: Off to exercise now :blink: See you
                          Marianne

Comment

Lotti,
                            Love the view from your morning walk!
                            Luann

Comment

Wow Lotti that's amazing views thank you for sharing. I'm just painting and resealing the chicken run and it's started raining grrrrr. Oh well can get on with some sewing.

Thanks Marianne for the extra M&Ms perhaps I'll share them.

Comment

Originally posted by "Marianne-is-sewing" post=131659
                                Luann and Nancy, you both mention that you use a walking foot on laminate - doesn't that leave marks? DD tried that and she said she had marks on the top side but she can't reduce the foot pressure on her machine so maybe that is why.
                                I've never had my walking foot leave a mark on anything, and I use that foot more than any other. Might she need to clean her foot? It seems like the foot pressure would have to be pretty excessive to leave a mark.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2180 users online. 281 members and 1899 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X