Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabulous quilts, ladies.
    Love that quilting, Dorothy!
    But i totally love Lilly! Looking forward to seeing more of her, Rosemary, am joining Lois in wanting to know and see more! Fabulous project.
    Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

I think Lotti is so right when she suggested that we use this retreat to keep in touch about anything and everything. Thanks, Lotti (PS got quite nostalgic seeing the photo of the stork - they used to be abundant in the small town where I lived when I was a child. There were nest on the post office roof, on the Co-Op Diary roof as well as the pub roof and a couple of private houses. It used to be a big event when the stork arrived in spring. By the time I was a teenager there were none left nesting and we hardly ever saw them due to polluted waterways and increased agricultural spraying. Thanks for sharing this)
      Love your idea, Luann exchanging the bucket with a giant pin cushion. Great fun. Your book cover is lovely - I'm sure the Pastor's wife was thrilled.
      Rosemary, you've done a great job with all those small pieces and the wonderful crane fabric and your DH is making good use of our retreat too - how fun is that. Do we all get to try it? :silly:
      Dorothy - what an amazing quilt! The ladies are so beautiful and your quilting is fabulous!
      Agree with Artmomma that a BSR is decidedly not necessary for FMQ - I had nothing but problems with mine so set about just practising and have become much better at it and now enjoy it very much.
      I've finished my embroidery machine cover! YES! Pleased how it has turned out so will now continue down my Want-to-do-list.

detail
      I was dyeing to do some FMQ in the petals but knew I would get frustrated with the very thick seams in these blocks so will save my energy for another project.
      Now both the machines are nicely covered - here's the sewing machine "coat"

Need to catch up on the quil-ket blocks; 2 behind now and got family coming to stay from tomorrow so will have to get up very early each morning to make one before breakfast duty calls :blink: .
      Marianne

Comment

Love the machine covers Marianne! Beautiful!!!

Comment

Lovely machine covers, Marianne! I'm sure your machines will stay warm and snuggly when not in use.

Comment

So pretty Marianne they're so happy.

I love my BSR but perhaps need to check I can still quilt without it. Nothing to show for this weekend as I've been making curtains for the living room.

This afternoon I've been walking by the canal in the rain seeing all the young water birds, swans, mallards, moorhens, coots, dab chicks , plus some frogs grasshoppers and assorted birds. No bears though Lotti :cheer:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Beautiful machine covers Marianne.

I've finally got started quilting Maxiature. The silk thread you recommended is lovely to use and disappears beautifully. I have ended up quilting it on my Gran's old handcrank singer - it makes much more sense seeing as I was cranking around the areas anyway (stitch 1/8", turn 90degrees, stitch 1/2", or as it works out stitch 3 stitches, turn stitch 6 stitches turn just don't ask about the strange discrepancy that is just how it is :S Things were not helped when the tension plates threw a hissy fit and I ended up taking it completely apart and then had fun trying to get it back together again properly :blink: I've know for years that the tension was a bit cranky, but I think I have discovered part of the reason now. The screw thread that sticks out is not at right angles to the machine, rather it bends slightly downwards and it is a slotted post and the two pieces are no longer parallel either. Needs a proper machine engineer to really fix her, but she seems to be behaving ok for the time being. touch wood

Comment

Nice work Marianne. Rosemary, Keep at it! No more hissy fits from that cranky :whistle: machine. Love the pictures Lotti. Thanks.

Comment

I haven't been quilting but I have been making gifts for new family I'll be meeting at my daughters wedding next week. I made make-up (Sew Together Bag) cases for my daughter and my soon to be teenage granddaughter.

And one for my daughter.

For my new teenage grandson who just won the state championship in cabinet making I made a job bag.

It unfolds into a completely flat circle. Load it up with tools, hardware & supplies needed for a job pull strings on opposite sides and they are in a pouch. Keep the stuff on it at the work site and everything is together when you are ready to go.

I have more and it looks like the website is letting me load this up. I made a picnic basket for my daughters new mother-in-law.

I made one just like it for my new SIL. It's dark gray. He requested it and picked out the fabric. It's just like his mother's but ugly and boring. So I'll let you use you imagination.

Today I am trying to figure out how I am going to get all this stuff in my luggage.

Comment

Lovely Lois how kind you are. They'll be thrilled.

I'm getting excited for you now the weddings so close xx

Comment

Keep cranking Rosemary I'm looking forward to seeing the end result at Birmingham

Comment

Lovely gifts, Lois! Your new family is very lucky!!

Comment

Lois, you are very thoughtful. Each person should get good use out of their gift.

Marianne, I agree that your machine covers are beautiful!

Cranky tension is no fun! But silk thread is yummy!

Comment

Great machine Covers, Marianne, your machines now all snugly and cozy, B)
                            Fabulous prezzies, Lois, your new family members are some lucky folk! Pack everything inside your SIL's picknick-basket and use it as your carry-on :evil: :cheer: :evil:
                            Rosemary, wow, quilting with a hand-cranking machine - I'm totally in awe of you! And looking forward to seeing pictures - of machine & quilt
                            Seems like you had a great wildlife-walk, Wendy. Here's the bear you missed, I think he was lurking in the corner with the snails ...
                            Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Thank you everybody for your kind words re my machine covers!
                              Wendy, surely curtain making is retreat worthy - hope you got your hand in the MM bowl now and again while doing those looooooong seams :lol:
                              Quilting on a hand-cranked machine is awe-inspiring, Rosemary. My first machine was a hand-cranked machine and I can't imagine how you manage to do quilting with only one hand on the quilt. How tightly did you baste?
                              Oh Lois! your pressies are so nice. The make-up bags are great. What pattern did you use? The pic-nic bag is so cute. How on earth did you manage to get such neat top-stitching on what looks like laminated fabric? You have been very, very busy :cheer:
                              Marianne

Comment

I have Marriane all by hand, I did them properly. Pass some more :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2304 users online. 245 members and 2059 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25587   Active Members: 1,297  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X