Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "AnnieLu" post=131436
    We're the blogs that you speak of actually links to a person's blog, or were they 'The Quilt Show' based? I never got that far before so I am in the dark on it. I'm hoping that it was some sort of "linky" thing because right now one blog to keep up with is crazy ,,,,
    Why? Because I just ordered my longarm machine. Decided on one of my two top choices. It was service availability, and computer software that helped make the final decision. I should be the proud mama within 7-10 business days! Excitement is running high in this house. Even my DH is onboard and looking forward to the computer. That part I'm a bit hesitant about. Hope he doesn't think I will share very often!! LOL
    LUANN
    Congratulations! How very, very exciting for you :silly: . Don't forget to share all about it here
    The blogs I was talking about was the blogs on the old website that members could decide whether or not they shared with the outside world.. It looks like they have gone. I wrote one for a while but suddenly one day all posts had disappeared but that was before the old site was made away with.
    Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "kfstitcher" post=131434
      Marianne, the report was that the blogs were not lost but needed work to bring them over to the new place. I was assured that if that doesn't happen we would be given a chance to get all our old blogs back. It was so nice to follow people on their blogs and learn about their lives and places they live.
      Thank you for the info, Karen. Hope they come back one day. I lost mine one day I was editing a post and never found it again but that was before th migration and certainly due to my clumsiness :whistle: :P
      Marianne

Comment

Beautiful quilts, pretty flowers and interesting news! I read so fast the names with the details are not clicking. :S

However - one of these days I really want to attend the Sisters Quilt Show. I love seeing pictures of that show.

LuAnn please tell us which long arm you ordered?

Sew happy, Susan

Comment

Originally posted by "artmomma" post=131441
          Beautiful quilts, pretty flowers and interesting news! I read so fast the names with the details are not clicking. :S

However - one of these days I really want to attend the Sisters Quilt Show. I love seeing pictures of that show.

LuAnn please tell us which long arm you ordered?

Sew happy, Susan
          Sisters is on my list of things to do as well. We are going through the area this year but missed the show!
          Deborah W

Comment

A friend and I went to the Sisters Quilt Show two years ago. We each took a class. Love the quilt shop there, has a contemporary quilt vibe. It would be a lovely place to retire.

Kathy
            Deborah W

Comment

Member Blogs:
              I wrote to ask about them last week and got this reply from Bob Bigelow:

"We currently do not have a member blogging system on the new website for two reasons:
              1. The new website has a Facebook like profile system for each member and this is where members can post things. You can find this under “Community”.
              2. Relative to the number of active members, the member blogs had a extremely small percentage of members posting to it.
              Hope this helps."
              Unquote

So - My thinking:
              We need to post our "Blog-Stuff" in our facebook-like profile area
              And this might be the reason for that 'friend' function, so that we can follo each other's info...
              Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Feeling very proud of myself :P

Thanks to an enjoyable quilting marathon on the last day of my vacation and a few nights of late night sewing after the boys went to sleep I have finished the last seam in my wedding star! I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I couldn't be happier :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have to say, thanks to all the curved piecing this was the most complicated pieced quilt top I've finished to date. Think I'm going to tackle something easy next, but a mariner's compass is on my bucket list B)

Now the question is....attempt to quilt this myself (little nervous since there are quite a few bulky seams where all those little pieces intersect) or quilt by checkbook

... The system won't let me post a picture tonight, but I'll try to put one up tomorrow ...

Comment

good on you, Jdeluka, you totally deserve to be proud of yourself. looking forward to that picture.
                  Another beautiful hot day here in Switzerland - so I'm heading out to spend some time with the critters - sewing must wait :lol: :silly: :lol:
                  Enjoy your day!

Comment

logged onto my PC and it will let me upload the pic...don't know why my tablet wouldn't

Comment

Thanks Lotti! I love your pictures. Please keep sharing them!

Comment

Your quilts amazing you must be so pleased with it. I love the effects, well done. I look forward to seeing the next stage.

Thanks for sharing the message Lotti but I'm not surprised there's low usage of the community bit. All the posts from the forum turn up there as well and only a page is shown so those who only post there are going to lose their messages and are probably upset no one ever replies. And you can only reply if you're their friend. It's very disfunctional and when I see posts there I send a PM to suggest they post on the forum. If I were to post in Community I'd be talking to myself,again :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by "lotti" post=131445
                          Member Blogs:
                          I wrote to ask about them last week and got this reply from Bob Bigelow: .
                          Thanks for taking time out to ask, Lotti
                          When the new website was launched some tried out the Community and that is terrible to use. Like Wendy says you loose your posts and whether this was intentional when it was set up or just a flaw I don't know but I wouldn't bother using it. Maybe it's because I'm not a Facebook user that I find it a redundant feature. Pity about the blogs though but we'll just have to use the forum instead.

Jdeluka - what an amazing quilt! Congratulations of finishing and thanks for sharing. If it was me and I knew a really, really good longarmer who would work with me I would go for that option but quilting is such a personal thing. Good luck in your decision making quandary!
                          Marianne

Comment

[quote="Marianne-is-sewing" post=131451]
                            Originally posted by "lotti" post=131445
                            Member Blogs:
                            When the new website was launched some tried out the Community and that is terrible to use. Like Wendy says you loose your posts and whether this was intentional when it was set up or just a flaw I don't know but I wouldn't bother using it.
                            The Community pages do have a learning curve. If you post to the "Recent Friends Posts" (the first page you come to when you click on a group), then your messages will disappear as that is just a temporary display of recent posts. To make your comments permanent, you must post them to a Discussion. You could create a "Group" and name it "Jane Doe's Blog". On the first page you come to in a group, there are several tabs - Click on Discussions, then either post to an existing Discussion or create a new one and post there.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=131452
                              The Community pages do have a learning curve. If you post to the "Recent Friends Posts" (the first page you come to when you click on a group), then your messages will disappear as that is just a temporary display of recent posts. To make your comments permanent, you must post them to a Discussion. You could create a "Group" and name it "Jane Doe's Blog". On the first page you come to in a group, there are several tabs - Click on Discussions, then either post to an existing Discussion or create a new one and post there.
                              Thank you very much for the explanation, Kathy. I obviously didn't dig deep enough when I tried it out back when. I'll take a look but think I will stay here in the Forum. Too much to do, too little time and I would probably make a mess anyway if I tried like I did last time :whistle: but it is good to know that the facility is there for those who wants it :cheer:
                              Marianne

Comment

As we're the champions of veering off topic and adding this and that from our lives, we'll just have to continue having our chats and posts here in the discussions... And what is a quilt retreat other than a place we get together, do our favourite things and chatter about this, that, and everything else under the sky, and when the mood hits us, actually share some quilty stuff and ask each other's advice...
                                So I think we're in the perfect place :P

And to veer off once again, guess who welcomed me when I got here this morning

Now sitting in the shade next to the bear & wolf area, hoping someone will come for a swim ...

They did, both of the two boys:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2254 users online. 269 members and 1985 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X