Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita I've no idea what they are :lol: but they're breeding. I love your appliqué, shame the hands are playing up cos you got a fabulous result.

Dorothy glad you're joining in, the more the merrier especially if you've quilts or chocolate to share.

Keep clicking Lotti, they're a treat to see and I'm sure even without the lens you'd get great pictures. It's the moment in time you capture as well as the quality that's so good. I suppose that's dependent on finger clicking speed. My chickens always look the other way as I click

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Rita, that wedding quilt is going to be an absolute stunner - and patience is a fab name for your pfaff - i'm sure she'll appreciate it. hope your hands recover quickly - don't forget those hand exercises we learnt from that drummer a few years ago - would probably help!
      i've been looking for the link, and found this one instead: especially for arthritis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuqoG0PALHs
      and here is that carpal tunnel/tendenitis one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta6Q3W6_u0g

Geneva, good name, that will give you two a whole new relationship

Dorothy, looking forward to seeing those quilts of yours

Wendy, the key ingredient to good pictures, is NOT the camera, NOT the lens, NOT the subject, but PATIENCE - lots and lots of PATIENCE to build up the subject's confidence and trust so that you can get close, then PATIENCE & perseverance to wait until they look in the right direction with the right light and ....
      Oh, and another thought, Wendy, if you call those fishies "pincushions" they have a "raison d'être" - a true reason for existence - not just to look pretty and collect dust - but a real purpose for being and multiplying :P :P :P

Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Rita, your quilt is going to be outstanding.

Margarita

Comment

Geneva, so sorry to hear about your Bernina, hope they can get her up and running well real soon. It is nice to have a back up that is dependable. Have some of my dark chocolate bars. Enjoy.

Hoping all is well otherwise.

Margarita

Comment

Lotti, Those stretches must have been necessary. As soon as I did them I had muscles cramping and spasming in response. I think that means I need to do those stretches on a regular basis.

Wendy, If they are multiplying then we need more pictures. If they are pincushions they may start multiplying here. Where did you find the pattern?

Dorothy, Welcome. We like it when lurker become participants. Can't wait to see your quilt. It would be nice to see your face too. Good luck with the new computer.

Comment

I spent the morning making over 400" of binding. I even started applying it to one of the two quilts. My hope is to have both of these quilts done and the one for Coy's graduation finished also. Of course I have lots of catching up to do here on the forum so I need to get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by "AnnieLu" post=131353
                Lotti,
                If you could send the owl picture to my personal email I would be very grateful. I want to show my Granddaughter, Hannah. She is crushing on owls, has been for a couple of years now. She turns 8 this summer and to see a picture of an owl and her Grams can tell her about the person who took the picture, so much the better.
                Luann
                There is a wonderful book series about owls for kids, "Guardians of Ga'Hoole " by Kathryn Lasky. My son read them all (16) and I enjoyed reading some of them, too. Amazon shows the age level about 9-12, so she may be ready to dive in.

Kathy

Comment

oh, wow, ritzy - what a day ! but isn't it nice to have the binding all ready to use when you get a quilt done.
                  i've started doing that as well when i have a fabric that i find is very practical for bindings... looking forward to seeing those finished quilts

what a great book idea, Kathy, i'll also have to look into those - if they're suitable for 9-12 - they should be just about right for me

yup, Lois, i think those stretches would do a lot of us a lot of good...
                  i'm still working on my knee and building up strength in my legs after being very inactive for such a long time.
                  but i'm getting back into hiking - though more on the easier side - mainly with the camera and lots of photostops - i actually do most of my walks inside nature parks and wildlife sanctuaries at the moment - but hey - better 8-9 hours of walkabout in a wildlife sanctuary than a 2 hour hike up a mountain... though those are on the program too :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comment

Fun fishes, beautiful wild life photographs, pretty applique, and a new lurker come out of the closet. What a wonderful thread this has been to read this evening.

No advance on Maxiatura yet, but I did make a spotty dotty dress for Izzy on Sat. then had a play with a one piece asymmetrical t-shirt pattern (made it a touch longer and added a cowl neckline), which I cut and made up for myself on Sun. morning. In the afternoon, hauled out lots of embroidery pieces & some quilts to put on display at St Cuthberts Church with my EG branch for a local open gardens weekend.

Comment

Wow, everyone is so busy and having so much fun. I love your fish Wendy. Do you add a little something to make them smell better that the real things? They could be sachets then.
                      Love your pictures Lotti. My little Nikon is being difficult, so I have been using my old Minolta. I also have a much older Minolta with the large lens. My DH says he is going back to using it when he retires. I guess you can still buy film somewhere. :huh: That reminds me I need a new memory card before we go on vacation in a couple of weeks. Most of my pictures are of the grandkids, or quilts.
                      My latest project is a portrait quilt. I have all the pieces pressed down. I now need to layer it and quilt it. It is small, the size of copy paper, so the pieces are little. It is a gift for a cousin. I will post pictures when I get it finished.
                      As I mentioned a month ago I am rearranging my sewing room. I have the big things moved where I want them, but now I need to put the smaller stuff away. That part isn't fun, too much like work.
                      I have some Ghirardelli squares here if anyone would like some. Milk chocolate with caramel filling!

Comment

I have enjoyed reading the posts. What a joy to have a place to share news!

I am knee deep in purple hull peas for sale and shortly will have nearly five acres of peas! Really cutting into my quilting time! My husband's retirement fun - what can a girl do?

Have any of you read "The Farmer's Wife 1930 Sampler book" inspiring stories from the depression era women and a cd with 99 patterns. These are not easy, make it quick patterns. I found the book on Amazon for $15.18. I am looking forward to receiving my copy.

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know that the knee brace is no more. All is well with the hip and the Dr was very pleased at the movement in my leg. So now I just have to get my strength and stamina back to be able to do what I want (wish) I could do.
                          Thank you every one for the prayers and good thoughts. I did layer and pin basted the baby quilt this morning. Not quite ready to start machine quilting. Maybe next week. Still working on my appliqué wall hanging, while sitting and taking it easy. It is nice to hear about the different projects you all are workin on.

Margaria

Comment

So glad you are mobile again, Margarita! I can feel for you - all that muscle buildup and moveability therapy... Slow and steady is the key, no use overdoing it and then not being able to do anything for days... I know - been there - done that
                            Thinking of you and sending you patience, perseverance and strength!

Purple hull peas, artmomma, sound very interesting. Will have to look those up, love anything purple, and love peas, now to combine the two your sampler book also sounds interesting - of course totally wasted on me as i can barely stick to the pattern for a simple rail fence - and a log cabin to me, is an invitation for a crazy quilt... NOT good in following directions - for some reason i always have to proove (to whom i don't know), that there is another way or at the least a half dozen other options, and when i don't like the result? I just cut it up and make something else out of it...

I'll leave those Ghirardelli Squares for someone who really appreciates them, Lorra, love the ghirardelli chocolates, but really not into the caramel stuff. So good to be able to say NO to something... And not feel the least bit sorry! Enjoy them!
                            :P :P :P

Comment

Margarita. I'm so glad you are up and about.

Lotti, I will take your share of the caramel candy. :P

Constance and I are getting along swimmingly. I've contacted a friend, a special friend, for assistance with Sybil. I'll let you know how it goes.

I finished quilting the niece's quilt. Now onto the binding.

I finished a very "light" something. I think Rosemary is busy with that intrusive day job. Would one of you please send me her snail mail address?

Geneva
                              Geneva

Comment

Originally posted by "genevacarroll" post=131395
                                I finished a very "light" something. I think Rosemary is busy with that intrusive day job. Would one of you please send me her snail mail address?
                                Geneva
                                Sent to you by PM
                                lotti

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2269 users online. 250 members and 2019 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X