Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat July 2015 - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been diagnosed, but, perhaps I have a low level of attention deficit. My mind is always thinking ahead,,, this can be good but it does make it difficult to focus and finish. Ahhh, there's a mantra for me- Focus and Finish.
    Luann

Comment

I am not good at planning ahead and thinking about multiple projects. I can only run one thing through my head at a time. Now that I am getting older and my memory is not so great, I am lucky to do that! On the other hand, my grandsons can carry on a conversation while playing computer games and watching tv and listening to music, all at the same time. My brain would have a meltdown.

The way I see it, it is a very good thing that we are all different, with different talents and abilities and interests and personalities. I think the world would be a much poorer place if we were all made alike. Celebrate who you are!

Judith

Comment

Originally posted by "JudithA" post=131284
        Celebrate who you are!

Judith
        Judith,
        And to that I say, YES,
        Luann

Comment

Hello All
          So great to read what you're all up to, beautiful projects all around and fabulous stories and memories
          My first job this month is a little lighthouse muggie for a certain friend's whiskey tumbler :P
          Today i'm also washing and starching the rest of my fabric haul from my visit to canada & shopping excursions to the states
          If it wasn't so darned hot, a hefty amount of ironing is also called for so that i can cut triangles from all the new fabrics and then get started on my next quilt. One of my nieces is moving into her first own home later this summer and is therefore getting her quarter-century quilt a year early.
          So - get out of this bed lotti, get yourself organized and make use of a beautiful summer day!
          ... And don't forget to download and backup the 36 GByte of fotos taken yesterday - hopefully have some time to start sorting and purging once it gets too hot for anything requiring the moving of more than the 'mousehand' this afternoon - what a heatwave we're having
          Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

I came to a screeching halt Saturday while finishing up the quilting on the niece's quilt. Sybil, my Bernina 730 just shut down. This time she didn't smoke or show me her "System Shutdown" screen. In mid stitch, she quit. That little witch! :evil:

So, I will take her in today and see what and how much the damage is. I'm trying to decide whether to trade her in on a newer 730, if the Bernina shop even has one available. Tri-cities is a small area.

So, I hope you won't mind ladies.... I'll be that sewist at the retreat looking over your shoulder, stealing your M&Ms and generally causing an annoyance. I'll try not to sneak up behind you and talk too loud! B)

geneva
            Geneva

Comment

Oh no I hope it can be fixed quick. Naughty Sybil has she heard you're considering a replacement. Hope looking over my shoulder doesn't make you hungry.

Today I have been making fish :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Yikes! Geneva. You can eat all my M&M's. Time for a pity party. Have you tried plugging her in and giving it another go. My niece, closest thing we have to a computer geek in our family always has us try this when things go crazy. "Turn the thing off and leave it off for a while. Let it get its molecules realigned. Give it a rest." And sometimes it works. In fact, it worked on my other niece's oven. That thing wouldn't work for anything. Then one day last week the electricity went off for 3 hrs and the darn thing has worked ever since. I have serious doubts about this remedy for your machine, but you never know. I think I'd attempt a trade-in but they better give you a seriously good deal. I mean seriously good, unheard of good. Ya' just don't buy these high-end machines and then be expected to be satisfied with a lemon.

Comment

Geneva,
                  I agree 100% with Lois.
                  Judith

Comment

Wendy, I was so upset about Geneva's Sybil…. Is she the one with multiple personalities?…. Anyway I forgot to tell you that I love your fish. They are darn cute!

Comment

The fish are so cute!

Comment

I copied them from a post on FB they looked such fun and thought they'd add some colour to my craft stall.

Lois I agree with you the 730 should be fixed. I regret not following through previously with my old Bernina when it threw Wobblies and I was fobbed off by the shop and service engineer. They cost enough and should be working. Good luck Geneva.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

My vacation started today (technically it started July 3rd since the clinic was closed, but family kept me busy all weekend with various celebrations and activities!). I spent the morning cleaning house while my boys were at daycare - picked up and put away toys, vacuumed the house, cleaned bathrooms and showers, did laundry (only one more load left to go), washed dishes, and took out trash. My reward was 2 guilt free hours in my sewing room before the boys got home tonight. Looking forward to more fun tomorrow - a relaxing massage in the AM (haven't had one of those in almost a year) thanks to my sweet husband, and an afternoon dedicated to sewing! My goal this week is to finish piecing the last of the curved seams on my wedding star before I have to go back to reality! :lol:

Comment

Sorry to hear about Sybil !!! Good luck with a resolution ! I didn't know Bernina did trade-ins or trade-ups !

Comment

Judeluca (I hope I spelled that correctly), you deserve a sewing vacation! Enjoy and be sure to show us your progress. And may I have some of your m&m s?

Thank you Lois. Wendy and Luann. It's nice to have someone besides my husband understand my frustrations with Sybil. I took her in and Mr. fix it says a new electronic board costs $450 and a new electrical board costs $250. It's a small Bernina shop so there aren't any 730's to trade for. He did say a 560 (at $3,500) would work with all my existing equipment. Ie: embroidery module, assorted feet and etc. I may not need both new boards. The boards come with a 90 day warranty.

I've taken Sybil into the Bernina shop I bought her from in Sacramento so many times. I'm hoping Mr. Fix it here will be able to do a better job. We will see. They are certainly nicer and quicker.

I dragged out my Bernina 1130 and fired her up after 8 years. I cleaned and oiled her, even changed her needle and she sewed like a charm. What a little sweetie. She uses all different bobbins,feet, and such, but it's all coming back to me. I spent a happy hour or so working on something "light" if you know what I mean and I think you do!

Mr fix it will be gone all this week to Bernina school so it will probably be next week until I hear anything.

Take care, geneva

Wendy!!!! Love your fish! How fun are they!?
                              Geneva

Comment

Geneva: those old bernie's are wonderful - i think i sew almost more on my old artista than i do on my 830 - much less finniky - especially when i want to torture the poor thing (mainly with impatience).
                                hope Sybil get's back to scratch soon. sending you all my M&Ms :P :P :P

JDeluca: enjoy you sewing vacation - never ever feel guilty about an extra hour or two - and happy massage - the perfect start to a day

love those fish, Wendy, so fun!

sorry - still no sewing pics - i've gotten started on that whiskey-tumbler-muggie but it needs some stuff to continue... and it's much too hot to spend at a sewing machine or ironing board when i'm back from work - so here a few of the pictures from last week's funtime:

Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2204 users online. 215 members and 1989 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X