Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful quilt and cross-stitch blocks! Thanks for sharing! I don't know if this is the answer, but others have found that if the file name for the picture has a special character in it (like '), then the picture won't load. Just a suggestion just in case the answer is that simple.....

Comment

Nancy - that may be the answer. I added an 's to the name when I first transferred it to my computer, but the other pictures simply transferred over as image#. Lets give this one more shot...because of the quirks of the iPad I used to take the image it will probably transfer over on it's side since I took it on the horizontal angle and iPad wants to only send them vertically.

If it works you'll see a picture of the whole quilt now

now don't I feel silly - all that trouble because of a file name :blink:

Comment

Jdeluka, it's beautiful.....what happy memories it must bring back. How lucky that you saved it.
        Enjoy it.
        Anne

Comment

Originally posted by "Jdeluka" post=132709
          Nancy - that may be the answer. I added an 's to the name when I first transferred it to my computer, but the other pictures simply transferred over as image#. Lets give this one more shot...because of the quirks of the iPad I used to take the image it will probably transfer over on it's side since I took it on the horizontal angle and iPad wants to only send them vertically.

If it works you'll see a picture of the whole quilt now

now don't I feel silly - all that trouble because of a file name :blink:
          Just gorgeousness!

Comment

Beautiful! Thanks for trying so hard to get the picture up. It really was worth the effort!!

Comment

Very pretty! You just don't see too many counted cross stitch quilts now-a-days. It's almost a lost art, with all of the beautiful fabrics that we have access to now.

Dawn

Comment

Beautiful quilt and story. Thanks for sharing

Comment

It looks like it's September already. Whew! It's cool and cloudy here and I'm so glad. I'm going to replace my worn out petunias and plant some pansies out back. That's a sure sign of fall.

I've been in the sewing room making a couple of little things that I wanted to get done. First, I made an ipad case for, are you ready for this?, my husband's ex-wife and her wife. :blink: It's a long story, but this was a way to keep the peace we created when the last child got married. Being friends is so much nicer for all of us. In any case, I think it turned out quite nice. I love the wavy quilting stitch I did with Sybil. Stitch #4. This was really easy to make and quick. The pattern is from RebeccaMaeDesigns.com .

I was able to complete my "Roots" piece for the due date of October 1st. Yay for being ahead of the game.

Now onto some fun stuff. I still have that pile of 368 square in a squares I made from every batik I own. I want to start putting them up and moving them around.

Hope all is well in your lives. By the way, has anyone heard from Rita? I hope she is fine.

geneva
                  Geneva

Comment

Good for you on the relationship building business, Geneva. I'm similar. (it's complicated...lol)
                    Geneva

Comment

Been sorting through my summer photos. For some reason I have totally lost the Scottish tablet :blink: so you will have to make do with some beer instead, it should help everyone with their fmq :P

Now for some quilts from the FoQ, first up is the first prize winner in the miniatures section

I'm pretty certain that the bargello on this one was not pieced, but was cut to size and fused down :unsure:

and here is the one by Phillipa Naylor, totally different in style to the rest and a great piece of work, unfortunately it was too large for the category

Recognised this one fairly quickly

and loved this one for all the hand work
                      Geneva

Comment

I think I'd like "the old pickled hen" just for the name :woohoo: hahahaha! Love the pictures, WOW what a lot of work goes into them!!!
                        Dorothy
                        Geneva

Comment

Geneva - the case looks great! Love the fabric!

Rosemary - thanks for sharing the pictures. I don't envy the judges having to choose between the different entries to pick the best!

Last night I attempted to hand baste a small lap quilt that has been sitting in my UFO pile for some time...I was reassured by many people that using the spoon method there was NO WAY I could baste the quilt to the carpet....well so much for that hypothesis. :blink: So after cutting it loose I put another round of basting in while it was in my lap :silly: Don't think I will try hand basting again any time soon after this adventure

Comment

I work over banquet-size folding table/tables for large quilts. Also I use Sharon Shamber's method...
                            You can find it on her site or on YouTube. Both are workl for me!

Comment

Geneva...very pretty iPad case love it!! Have you been getting rain too? We've had four days of showers, and it is really helping with the fires...the air is finally clear :woohoo:
                              Dorothy
                              Geneva

Comment

Rosemary - thanks for posting pictures the FoQ pictures what wonderful work and the beer pictures fun to see The Old Pickled Hen label too.
                                Geneva - neat case and interesting story.
                                Jdeluka - Thanks for posting your quilt picture love the cross stitch.

Barb

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2167 users online. 221 members and 1946 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X