Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "ajclapp" post=132193
    Marianne, the batik hexies are machine sewn. I rarely do any hand sewing except for the back of the binding and some occasional applique. My website is www.amc-quilts.com.

I had one of those days a couple weeks ago. I pinned the binding to the back on one of my wall hangings and was sewing in the ditch on the front, removing the pins before I got to them. Somehow I missed a pin and the head got stuck in the feed dogs. It was also in the fabric so there was no way to get it out without removing my seam guide which was taped to the extension table, the needle, the presser foot, and the stitch plate which had 2 screws, then putting it all back together. Then as I continued sewing I was repositioning and somehow another pin from somewhere else on the quilt back ended up under the needle!
    Thank you for the link to your website. Wow I hadn't realised the hexies were machined together. They look tiny in the picture.
    Ouch, your poor machine! Amazing that your machine wasn't hurt. Pins can be a pain in more ways than one :lol: Lucky that you can take your machine apart to reach the down into the inner workings.
    Marianne

Comment

What wonderful photo's of the quilts, Pamela your quilt is lovely, what a thrill to see it hanging at the show.
      I wasn't able to go this year but am determined to try next year.
      Thanks Wendy for the great photo's and hopefully some other TQS members have taken some more.
      Anne

Comment

Nice quilts Pam, Lorchen, and Rosemary!!! Love them :cheer:
        Annis, thanks for the link to your website....I am going to try some of your patterns (when I get my projects I've got going finished..ha)
        Have had company, so have been MIA trying to get caught up :blink:
        Have a great day!!!
        Dorothy

Comment

What a fun day you must have had Wendy. Beautiful quilts and fantastic friends. Thanks for sharing. Judy

Comment

Fun catching up after the weekend....

Geneva, that mug rug is darling! You always do such fun things!

Margarita, your quilt for your grandbaby and the wall hanging are both just lovely! Those bears are super fun, and I love the way you've done just the 2 fabrics to make that stunning candlelight wall hanging -- really lovely!

Marianne, your FMQ fruit sampler --- wow! Doesn't look like much of a break to me, at least, certainly doesn't seem rusty after the break. Very well done!

Pamela & Lorchen, beautiful quilts at the show!! So very fun, and thanks to Wendy for the pictures!

I've been busy playing with my *new to me* sewing machine!!! I had planned to upgrade this fall, hoping for a good sale at IQF Houston; my budget isn't enough for a really high-end machine, but I really wanted some basic features that I didn't have on my little Magnolia. So, shopped the Janome website to figure out how much it would cost to get the basics -- needle up/down button, more stitches, lock stitch button, adjustable needle position, adjustable presser foot pressure, reverse button instead of lever....really basic stuff, but none of that is on the Magnolia I have. Cost was going to be around $600 minimum.

Well....then my local quilt shop mentioned on Facebook that they had 2 pre-owned Memory Craft (a 3000 and a 3500) for sale, great working order. Hmmm. Looked those up, all the features I wanted, lots of features.....called on the price, only $250! Went over and spent the day test-driving (and fabric shopping...) and quite satisfied with how smooth the 3500 was, home it came with me. Told my husband it was the first time I'd ever gone to a fabric shop and saved him money (by not buying the $600 machine instead, LOL!). :lol:

Was originally sold as a brand new machine in 2004, via the same shop, recently returned as a trade-in so she could upgrade, and so now it's my upgrade yay! spent the weekend sewing, and it is lovely! Amazing how that needle down helps so much.

Comment

Sounds a bargain Heather. Enjoy your upgrade

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

To everyone that has hand dyed cloth in their stash, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS FROM ME,!!
                I just put up a lengthy post about back staining, dye bleeding etc. On my blog
                www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com
                Please take the time to go there and read it. If you follow the link to Vicki Welsh's blog you can read all of her experimentation notes.
                I don't want anyone to have a project ruined due to my energy efficient washing machine. I doubt the company that made it would be concerned!!! Certainly not like I am!

Truly sorry for any inconvenience I've caused,
                Luann

Comment

Luann,
                  Thank you for sharing your dyeing knowledge and experience. It is invaluable help to me. Merci beaucoup!

Haven't posted much lately. (Grandsons spending part of their summer vacation with us.)

Judith

Comment

Glad you've found a solution to your fading sheets but the solutions a lot of work for you. Thank you for sharing

Comment

I am really enjoying this topic. It is the first time I have signed onto a topic. However, I do not want to receive email notifications every time there is a post. I would rather just go to the site when i can. I tried to do this by changing my preferences, but am still getting emails from this topic. Is there a way to accomplish this without dropping out of the retreat?
                      Thanks, Linda

Comment

I think you have to click off the subscribe check box just above the submit button every time you reply to the topic before clicking submit. I do that every time and don't get the emails anymore.

Comment

Or you can just click the unsubscribe button under this reply

Comment

Hello, i am new to these forums but would like a little help if possible. Sometime ago i stumbled across a tutorial for an amazingly easy block. There was two or three blocks that when put together created the design, on the design wall they were moved about and created a completely different design, sort of 3D effect, it was really lovely, my computer crashed, lost it, dont know the tutors name or how to find it again, if anyone has any ideas i would be so pleased to hear from you. It was so simple but extremely effective. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=132240
                              Or you can just click the unsubscribe button under this reply
                              Just remember that even if you hit "unsubscribe", you still need to continue to uncheck the subscribe check box every time you post a reply. If you post, it thinks you must always want emails. I couldn't find anything in my profile that would change this default (as you could on the old site). And, as Wendy says, you can always click "unsubscribe" again if you forget to unclick the checkbox.

Comment

Thanks Luann for posting that! It really helps, especially since I just started dyeing my own fabric!!! I read Vickie's blog, but will read it a time or two, so I remember all the info :whistle: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1935 users online. 162 members and 1773 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X