Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wonderful quilts, Margarita! Your great granddaughter is really going to love her bears!

Comment

Gorgeous quilts Margarita
      Best Wishes Pam

Comment

I've not have time to check in and read for more than a week now so really behind with my reading.
        Dorothy; so sorry to hear about your torn rotator cuff
        Lotti - that cheery little friend is soooooo cute. Please keep those photos coming. Have a great holiday. Minou is sweet too
        Fingers crossed for the bb day Ritzy
        Not surprised you are pooped Terrie - I'm tired just reading what you have on your to-do-list
        Heather, those blocks look like a lot of fun. I don't know what is worse sick children or sick husband!
        Luann those Guild quilts quilting is very, very nice, you're obviously taking to your new toy like a duck to water. As always it's practise, practise, practise isn't it?
        Geneva I'm so sorry to hear that Sybil is waiting for an L board; she is a very expensive lady-in-waiting. I've decided next time my Bernina needs a new board it isn't going to have one. Like your quilt - that is a lovely one for a baby and one that will grow with her. Great mug rug - have you serged the edge?
        Congratulations, Rosemary! Fabulous news and so well deserved. Have a nice time away resting on your laurels ::
        Annis, I made a quilt years ago like the one you have drawn in your program - it was before I had a digital camera so no pics sadly but the pattern was called Trellis and I have later seen it called Cherry because it was made with cherry fabric and red and green "trellis". It's a great pattern and very versatile. Love your hexies. Isn't batik hard to hand sew? Could you post a link to your website please?
        Cats are dangerous animals by the sound of it Wendy - stick to chicks, Congratulation on your new bathroom.
        Margerita, great quilts. Great-granddaughter will love hers.
        I'm finally getting some FMQ done; haven't done any since May so feel rather rusty but my old Bernina 801 is smooth and it is now quite relaxing. Working on a fruity sampler - the final of 4 samplers.

I'm also progressing on my digitizing challenge and learning a lot along the way. Had a scary moment yesterday when a top thread popped during a stitch out of a design and I couldn't get the thread end out of the machine. I had had problems the other day with the same thread breaking but thought I needed a new needle but it was the thread that was the problem. DH came to the rescue just when I was ready to try to get the cover off the machine. He got the thread out and the rest of that spool of thread is now in my thread bin - pyh.
        Have a great Sunday and thanks to you all for sharing here. Great retreat!
        Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "lotti" post=132187
          When you have a piece of thread caught somewhere and just can't get it out, try running (UNWAXED) dental floss through the thread-path
          I think this should be a standard item supplied with any sewing machine (of course they'd relabel it Bernina and multiply the price by ten) :blink:
          Thanks Lotti! I tried a piece of Bear thread but it turned out the thread somehow had wound itself round something which is what DH discovered in his engineering way of looking at things :P I can't open up the top or side of this machine like I can/ could the old machines so I couldn't figure out what was going on. I'll check out the chemist to see if they do un-waxed dental floss. I know what you mean about Bernina - they seem to be very good at that particular party game :whistle:
          Marianne

Comment

My, oh my - I'm not safe around any sewing machine right now! Just FMQ the teflon baking sheet I have taped to the extension table of the machine to my sampler :sick:
            Guess I need to find my seam ripper and could you pass that bowl of Lindor please :P Couldn't understand why I suddenly couldn't push the sandwich around :S

Ah well needed a coffee break anyway :lol:
            Hope you lot are doing better!
            Marianne

Comment

I don't pop up here very often these days much to my shame but I do keep in touch with what is going on and just had to say AWESOME result Rosemary you done well girl .Hope you all have fun at FOQ you lucky things , somebody post some photos for us all to see please.
              Yn Harddwch Gogledd Cymru

Comment

For Marianne. For anyone who is celebrating! For anyone who needs to console themselves. For those who want to rejoice with those who are rejoicing and crying with those who are crying. For those who are just 'here'.
                Yn Harddwch Gogledd Cymru

Comment

Marianne, the batik hexies are machine sewn. I rarely do any hand sewing except for the back of the binding and some occasional applique. My website is www.amc-quilts.com.

I had one of those days a couple weeks ago. I pinned the binding to the back on one of my wall hangings and was sewing in the ditch on the front, removing the pins before I got to them. Somehow I missed a pin and the head got stuck in the feed dogs. It was also in the fabric so there was no way to get it out without removing my seam guide which was taped to the extension table, the needle, the presser foot, and the stitch plate which had 2 screws, then putting it all back together. Then as I continued sewing I was repositioning and somehow another pin from somewhere else on the quilt back ended up under the needle!

Comment

Hello Sue good to see you.

Yoo hoo Pamela
                    I saw your lovely quilt here it is with my friend Jane, I don't know what she's laughing at

and just look at this edging it's super

I've got some more pics to show you of the show but old man says dinners nearly ready so you'll have to be patient

ok I'll turn them round in a bit.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I love your hand quilting- really makes this quilt special. Linda

Comment

I bumped into Lorchen at the show. This photo may explain why you've not seen much of her recently :S

:lol: :lol:

Here we are excuse my ugly mug

this is Lorchens quilt

Lea McComas was showing as well and got third in pictorial quilts for this amazing quilt

My favourite quilt was this landscape, so effective and the colours are a lot brighter than my photo

There was a beautiful Sedona Star shown by Sandra Goff and Marian Mathews does anyone know them

and of course our Rosemary's miniature quilt which was commended

Comment

Oh Wendy, here is the biggest cuddle ever, thank you SO much for the photo's! I realised after I had posted my quilt to the show, that I hadn't taken a photo, if my quilt had got lost I would have nothing to remember it by. Then you did this for me - you are a true STAR. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I had no intention of entering this quilt in a competition but... I had watched a TQS show where Bonnie Browning was encouraging everyone to enter quilt shows, with the logic that there would not be quilt shows without quilts. I used Bonnie's analogy to encourage all my quilting friends to show their beautiful quilts in shows. After I had finished this quilt my friends told me I HAD to enter it in a show. The hardest part was thinking up a title for my quilt, as I had used patterns from Elizabethan pattern books for the applique I used the most obvious title. Wendy you are the nicest, truest friend anyone could have, you took time and effort for me and you have made my day. One day I may be able to do something wonderful for you, but until then THANK YOU SO MUCH.
                          Love Pam

Comment

It's a pleasure Pam, I was so excited to find it and pleased it was hung so beautifully.

Comment

It's beautiful, Pam! And so are all of the others. Thanks for sharing, Wendy!! Always good to see your and Lorchen's smiling faces!

Comment

Pamela, that is a wonderful quilt. Thank you very much, Wendy, for sharing photos from the show. Wish I could have gone - maybe next year

Marianne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2189 users online. 219 members and 1970 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X