Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh..I LOVE Lindor chocolates :woohoo: :woohoo: yum!!!!!
    Dorothy
    Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Virtual Retreat, Volume II?
      I'm impressed!

If anyone wants to join the mystery quilt I'm doing with my guild, please PM me with your address. I will be sending out the first clue during the first week of September.

I finished a charity quilt, so will post a pic in a day or two.

Comment

Hi - I am new to the community altho not new to TQS or quilting ( I made my first quilt in 1972). However, I am a new retiree (40 yrs a nurse) and now have time time time. Have been watching all the shows and am now going to join in!.

This retreat is a great idea. I have started 2 quilts and am dabbling in some small samplers. I am trying a few new techniques. First time using freezer paper and glue and first time doing paper piecing just this month. I have always pieced by hand and machine but only quilted by hand. I love handwork. Ginny Beyer is my inspiration. I am just now dabbling in machine quilting but doubt that I will pursue it. Again, I love hand work.

Any hand quilters in this group?
        Am thinking about a baby-ish quilt as I have 2 to make for.

My goal is to use my scraps and stash before I shop again. Pretty unrealistic isn't it?!!

Linda

Comment

Linda,
          Unrealistic? Perhaps, but a worthwhile goal just the same!!
          Welcome aboard, hope you like chocolates, as we pass the dish of M&Ms for you to get a handful,,,,
          Luann

PS I'm doing another giveaway. This time just for commenting on any, or all, of this month's posts. Hope to see some of your friendly faces,,
          www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com

Comment

My sister is named LuAnn - with the capital A. She prefers Lu but she will always be LuAnn to me. As for the chocolates, I learned to treasure chocolate on my Aunt Marcella's knee.
            Do we post photos to this area? Have not yet navigated around.
            Thank you for the welcome.
            Linda
            P.S. LSD are my real initials - maybe is why I like the bright colors?

Comment

Linda,
              Yes post pictures with your messages. We enjoy seeing whatever is going on in our fellow retreaters lives!! Never got into LSD back in the day, but definitely a flower child that loves colors!!
              Luann

Comment

Hello Linda - welcome to the retreat - you'll enjoy yourself here and get lots of inspiration for just about everything under the sun, if it'll help you to get things done is another question entirely. :blush:
                I also hand quilt. As I do a bit of traveling for work, I always have a hand-project going on. For the past 2 1/2 years it's been a hexie-Quilt and it'll takee at least that much longer. When I'm home I generally stick to the machine as it's much faster and my time precious... I keep getting sidetracked :blink: :unsure: :blink:
                Here a looksie:

I've laid it out on my bed so you can get a feel of it... On the go I have a small Baggie with thread, needles, travel scissors and a bunch of hexies (the hexies are 5/8 inch per side / 1 1/4 inch diagonal), which I sew into pieces of 10-15 flowers. These go onto the large piece whenever I have a trip/visit where I can take larger bits... (a large bit that was done last winter when I had my knee fixed)... There are a bunch more small pieces waiting for attachment :P
                My other passion is photography - so you poor folk keep getting those pictures in here as well...

Comment

Lotti,
                  I love the colors of your hexie quilt. And keep those pictures coming,
                  Luann

Comment

Thanks, Luann. They are mostly batiks / practically every fabric that comes into the house has at least one 2" length turned into hexies...
                    The idea is to end up with a wild and jumbled flower garden, i.e. A garden that has been abandoned for years and has made it's own organization, everything mixed into each other... i.e. Exactly the way I quilt, cook & live: a little of this, a bit of that, look what wants to go together and just let it grow... :silly: :silly: :silly:
                    I'm fairly good at organized chaos - I believe I would be the perfect companion for Doctor Who ... Unfortunately he hasn't realized it yet :P well we still have time - and I am flexible :P

Comment

Lotti,
                      You are my kind of neighbor! I'm glad you've chosen to sit next to me at the retreat. My very best garden ever was a corner under a small likac bush that we worked up, threw massive amounts of wildflower seed into, and let it grow. The kids at the day care down the street loved it too. They'd ask if the could have certain colors of flowers and I was more than happy to have those little munchkins running through my yard gather handfuls of color!! I guess it's obvious I love kids more than a pretty flower bed!
                      Luann

Comment

Just thought you all might be resting on your lounge chairs, so the pictures are probably in proper perspective for a lazy summer afternoon!! :silly: B) :whistle:

Comment

In York with Izzy last week and found some m&m's for real! and thoroughtly enjoying them

Here have a few.

Only problem is they are a bit small compared to my usual candy coated chocolates - Minstrels.

So I will see you a couple of m&m's and raise you a couple of Minstrels.... :P

Welcome to the forum & the retreat Linda.

Comment

Love how your hexi quilt is coming along, Lotti! I also love chaotic color so it really appeals to me.

Comment

Rosemary,
                              I gotta find me some of those minstrels, and mint dark chocolate M&Ms wow, I've not seen those!
                              Off to do some chocolate shopping, perhaps I could catch a few groceries at the same time, nah he
                              Luann

Comment

Lotti...love the hexis!
                                I've never tried the mint m&ms...love mint chocolate though :P the minstrels look good..yum!
                                Welcome to the retreat Linda!
                                Dorothy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2186 users online. 219 members and 1967 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X