Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=133940
    Luann, I can feel the vibrations all the way up here in Canada from your 'thinking machine' on full speed. :whistle:
    Almost as much movement as strip mining!! LOL

SERIOUSLY, wouldn't it be a blast to gather together for a real retreat?

BTW, our kids are always our kids, we love 'em and we feel for them as they go through life. I'd be concerned with a mom that wasn't a bit anxious over her child's choices. It doesn't matter how much any of us say, you will be concerned until all recovery has taken place. We, although not as deeply as you, are also concerned. Proud of his choice, but concerned never the less.
    May God grant everyone that inner peace and comfort that only He can,
    Luann

Comment

I could come up with 8 or more sewing machines so everyone would not have to bring one. That would save a little space on the plane. And by then I might even have fabric for sale. The bedrooms will look better when I get headboards and dust ruffles and quilts on the wall. There's table space for up to 40 and sleeping space for 24 in the same building plus another 16 in the guest house close by. Dream on... I need to get busy!

Comment

Sounds wonderful Annis
        Deborah W

Comment

Terrie,
          You and your son will be on my mind and in my prayers, extra tomorrow. When you feel up to it, let us know how things are going.
          May God give everyone a rest filled night and a pleasant wake up tomorrow.
          Luann
          Deborah W

Comment

Dreaming about getting over for a retreat at Annis's............ would love to join you all, but I somehow doubt that it would be a go-er for me even with a 2 year lead time to save. Something is almost bound to intervene at home and need the funds :dry:

The best tale I ever heard about mothers and their children was when a 100yr old mother was questioned about her long levity and did she have any worries. Her reply was she didn't have any worries since she got her eldest son into an old people's home. :whistle:
            Deborah W

Comment

Rosemary - I shared your 100 yr old mothers story re her son with DH. We have a daughter who'd do the same thing not stop worrying until her son's taken care of.

Barb
              Deborah W

Comment

I would love to go to real in-person retreats and events and often contemplate it, but pass on opportunities that arise. Right now I just feel too guilty to leave the little ones behind and daddy all alone with them. I know he Is more than capable of taking care of them, that is not my worry..."mommy guilt" just kicks in and I can't forgive myself for taking time away. They are only "little" for so long and I hate missing free time with them since I work so much. I did take an overnight to Paducah this spring (since it's only a 4 hour drive for me) and I hope to do it again next year. Annis's retreat looks lovely...and tempting...but those boys keep calling my name Perhaps in a few years I could convince myself to go :cheer:

~ Jen

Comment

Hello everyone,

I am back from visiting Victorina Rose. She is adorable! Here she is in her Halloween onesie I embroidered for her.

Happy November!

geneva
                  Geneva

Comment

Geneva,
                    She is adorable!
                    Lucky you, getting some time with her.
                    Geneva

Comment

I think its great when Grandmas and Grandaughters are Ghaul-friends!

Comment

Geneva - Congratulations again to you and your family. What a fabulous picture!

Barb

Comment

Geneva--she is very sweet!

Comment

Geneva, what a beautiful, precious grand baby!!

Comment

She looks so cute in your onsie

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Geneva, your Granddaughter is beautiful, what a gorgeous photo.
                                Love Pam

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2249 users online. 281 members and 1968 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X