Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorothy, good wishes on your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Luann, here's an idea for your seams in your mondo bag. Take a note from Wendy and whizz some fun fabric strips, pretty yarns, etc onto the edges of the seams. It will be a kind of furry edged bag. Just a thought.

geneva
    Geneva

Comment

Finally! I finished something! I've been in such a snit lately. I hate that.

This is the class work we did at the thread painting class last weekend. I learned a lot, had my butt kicked, and actually enjoyed myself. I just wanted to get the flower onto the background. Thank goodness for Wendy's whizzing around the edge. This certainly is not a fabulous piece, but it is done!

And I will do more thread painting. I even FMQ the background! :woohoo: I could feel all of you sitting on my shoulder saying, "c'mon, you can do this!" Thanks you guys...

Off to see Victorina Rose Tuesday!! I'm so excited! :silly:

Take care my friends....
      geneva
      Geneva

Comment

It's great, I love everything about it. The edging of course and your embroidery and the background. Well done!

Kiss your baby's toes for me. I love baby feet :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I am so frustrated! Since I got Windows 10 all my pictures come out sideways! Even though they are straight on my file. And TQS won't let me change the picture.
          So please look at the picture sideways. The background goes left to right, not up and down.

Thanks, geneva
          Geneva

Comment

Geneva - really like your thread painting -it looks great sideways and up and down to me. Have fun with Victorina Rose.

Baked a (new recipe) gluten free/dairy free pumpkin pie today for DH looking forward to trying a piece it smells wonderful.

Barb :-)
            Geneva

Comment

Geneva, Your flower is beautiful. It looks like it's floating in water. Nice work. Cuddy that baby. You can't spoil a baby by holding it too much. Enjoy!

Comment

Geneva, I love your flower and I love that you stepped out to do something different/difficult. It's an inspiration.

I've just had a new grand-baby and I had his quilt all ready in time! Now, I go into my sewing room, and wonder around and touch a bunch of stuff, and then cut 6 squares, realize I don't know what I'm going to do with them, and then turn the light out and just come back upstairs where several hand projects are staring at me. Wish I could eat popcorn, because I'd have that for supper. (is that the kind of snit you've been in?)

My dear son #2 is donating his kidney to a family member on Thursday and I can't help thinking 'he's my baby' even though he's 37. And here I am the recipient of a transplant myself. Wouldn't be alive if some one else hadn't died (besides Jesus too) But I'm still his mom. And he's alive and it's going to hurt. Of course, I am proud of him to the moon and back.
                He's firm that he doesn't want to be 'coddled', which means my presence is optional. Not sure he will let me hold his hand.
                Should I drink wine? Not supposed to do that either - oh ya, I should pray. Been there, done that. I'll try again.

Thank for this retreat.

Comment

I just read over 30 posts and it is hard to remember who said what. Ritzy, I will be praying for Loren and for you.
                  Luann, love the bag. Beautiful fabrics.
                  Geneva, congratulations on Victorina Rose. I hope you get lots of kisses in while you are visiting her. Love your flower (thread painting). Beautiful!
                  Terrie, congratulations on your new grandbaby too. I will say a prayer for your son too. It is a very charitable thing your son is doing. I will also pray for the recipient. I know how it feels to pray and not get the result we would like. I trust the Lord knows better than I do.

Comment

Geneva, sorry you're having problem with photos, I fixed it for you. Hope problem gets straightened out for future. Can't think of what would cause that.

Kathy

Comment

Terrie, Being in a Snit Pick is so, so annoying. I think I'd be there too. I think I'd be feeling the same way if it were my son and I'd most definitely want comfort food and wine. But since that's a no, no, I believe you are entirely entitled to buying some fabric for the sole purpose of petting it. Make sure it is outrageously beautiful and that you really don't need it. It's even okay to buy lots of it. I can't guarantee a cure for your Snit Pick but I am almost certain this the only thing that might come close to working since most comfort foods seem to be off limits. If it doesn't work I'd go so far as to recommend the same prescription a second time. I am also sending prayers.

Comment

That's a great way to comfort Terrie Lois. No you never stop feeling very anxiety for them so I'm beside you Terrie on Thursday. He's doing it for you Terrie as well as your family member, how humbling. Some KFC would be appropriate, bright or soft?

Comment

Geneva, your flower is stunning!!

Terrie and Ritzy, praying for you & yours.

Dawn, I got your message and will reply post-haste with my number. (you too, Nancy). Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Comment

Ritzy, praying that your DH recovers quickly. I know how hard it is to sit with someone for hours, especially when you have to watch them suffer.

Congratulations on the new babies. I've enjoyed looking at all of the pictures. For those of you going to Houston, I hope you have a great time. I decided not to go this year as I am so far behind on all of my work.

The first quilt retreat in the new building was a success even though it wasn't quite finished. The last day before the retreat I had 6 people helping with the finishing touches. That was way beyond my comfort zone because I am so used to working by myself, not telling others what to do. My stress level was off the charts that last month as I saw the slow progress, even with multiple helpers. Then on the last day my DD came to help and I relaxed a little. Here are a couple pictures of the work area and a bedroom. I hope to get better pictures soon and a website started by the end of the year.

This past week I've been battling ants again in my city home. The exterminators will be here in a couple days. I do not want a repeat of last year when I battled them for months. At least the crickets are mostly gone from my country home. Then there is the leaky roof again. Water was running down the wall in my office for a couple days during the recent rain. So today I'm packing up the rest of my sewing room and moving it to my country home. Then I will move my office into my sewing room so we can start doing some repairs. Hopefully the roof will get repaired before the next big rain.

I finished piecing my youngest grandson's quilt and hope to have it quilted and bound by his b-day the middle of next month. That may be my last sewing project for the year, unless my other work gets done quicker than anticipated. I'm hoping by having my sewing room out of my way when I'm at my city home I will stay more focused on the other things that need done. I still have a long list of quilts I want to make but they will have to wait.

Comment

Annis,
                              I'm not sure how to do it, but, I think we need to plan a 'real retreat' by you!! Maybe if we put it out about 2 years, those that have larger travel expenses could save up for it. Most expensive would be getting all the extra luggage on board!! LOL
                              I've got my thinking cap on, oh boy, better watch out, never know what might come about.
                              Your retreat center looks so inviting. Plenty of individual space and 'not' round tables to deal with.
                              And the sleeping room picture shows plenty of space too. I would soooo enjoy staying there.
                              We'll see,,, hmmm
                              Luann

Comment

Luann, I can feel the vibrations all the way up here in Canada from your 'thinking machine' on full speed. :whistle:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2214 users online. 291 members and 1923 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X