Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nicky! Welcome to our guild! We have a lot of fun and the more we have with us the more fun we all have. Your hexagon quilt is beautiful! Like the others I'd love to see a couple of close up pictures.

LuAnn, where ever you go, I'll be there. I'm with you on having friends that are "there" for me 24/7. And in regards to your quilt. You could cut it up, add some other fabrics and sew it all back together in some other fashion. Or not. Isn't it odd how stuff takes on it's own journey?

I lost last week to taking care of my mom. I did get to sew on the art quilt a little. I will take a picture of it today. It's coming along nicely.

Ritzy, it's so nice to see you!

I hope all of you have a lovely week ahead.

geneva
    Geneva

Comment

I'll follow you too Luann especially if you have milk duds . What are they? I like your quilt.

Marianne how do you get a cross between a quilt and a blanket you're going to have to tell us more!

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Luann,
        I will cry with you.
        I like Geneva's idea of cutting it up in small pieces and using them in another quilt.
        If nothing else...you probably learned things with this project that will make the art quilts you create tomorrow even more beautiful.

A monthly virtual quilting retreat sounds good. It is so hot here. I will bring iced tea. Maybe try some new teas.

Judith

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=131088
          I'll follow you too Luann especially if you have milk duds . What are they? I like your quilt.

Marianne how do you get a cross between a quilt and a blanket you're going to have to tell us more!
          Milk Duds are chocolate covered drops of caramel. A highly addictive form of comfort food. That has to be one of my retreat intentions, to go cold turkey for 28 days! If you are a praying person, I could use extras as I am addicted to them and even though they seem harmless, they aren't!!
          Luann

Comment

Thanks for sharing my pain,, LOL
            I have learned a lot from this experience. The piece is only about 12 x 14 inches, so cutting it up will be into a few pieces. Not ready to do that just yet. There's really no rush, so I just may put it out of sight for a few days and move on to our 'wind, clouds, and lightning' piece.
            Or I may just put bindings on quilts my Guild is making for the families of the victims at the recent shooting in Charleston, SC. The families certainly showed their Christianity in how they conducted themselves.
            Luann

Comment

Yes nice to see you Ritz, fun to hear you connected with Connie!
              Geneva - looking forward to a picture always fun to see what you're working on.
              Sure LuAnn I'll follow not sure I'll contribute but fun to see what's going on out there too.
              Wendy - be careful Milk Duds are addictive before you know it you're on a sugar high.
              Judith - ice tea sounds grand but unsweetened please.
              Barb :-)

Comment

Welcome Nicki! Luann, I was relieved to hear you didn't cut up the quilt impulsively. This step didn't turn out as you expected, but after you get over that disappointment you'll be better able to assess what you have now. You might like it more than you thought. I like the idea of a monthly retreat. July is going to be crazy for me. I'll be in and out but won't get much quilting done. My daughter is getting married.

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=131088
                  It's a variation on a rag quilt but without the rag part. I made this at Christmas last year:

where I chose to work with a flannel sheet and attached Layer Cake squares then Charm squares and finally one of the small Mini Charms. All sewn down (Quilted) with a 3-step zigzag through all layers. With a bad back I wasn't going to repeat this anytime soon (very heavy to turn and keep the pieces from wandering) so decided this time around to work with a QAYG technique but apart from DH cutting all the fabrics chosen by DD with a wave blade in the cutter and altering the measurements slightly I'm working in the same way so flannel backing 11", 10" square on top then a 6" and finally a 3" square. I leave an edge to unravel by stitching 1/4 to 1/2" from the edge. I will sew the squares together with the SA on top of the work (did a small sample that DD approved) and Bob's your uncle so to speak.
                  Here's a pic of a stack of squares I've done so far:

Hope this explains a "quil-ket"

BTW Luann I think the idea to have a montly retreat is a very good one and I will certainly join that when I can if I may. Thank you for taking the initiaitve.
                  Marianne

Comment

Marianne - what a fun idea!
                    Barb :-)

Comment

Thanks! You all have been so encouraging. Not just with doing the virtual retreat on a month by month basis, but with ideas for when I'm discouraged. Maybe I just had too many MilkDuds before I tried to get in the grove of "fire".
                      Changes are happening in my world, as I'm sure they are in yours as well. I will stay connected to this thread even as we start next month's. However, if anyone notices a 'newcomer' and wants to welcome them along, invite them on over to the next month, etc your help has been and will be appreciated. This is a group thing, I just enjoy getting the ball rolling. (That means I like starting stuff! If you're unfamiliar with the wording)
                      I will try to get the new thread started right away, so we can post about our #1 POP (project of priority).
                      LUANN

Comment

Geneva, forgot to ask if you've been bothered by the Wenatchee fire? Friends kids outside of Spokane have.
                        We're headed north thru eastern CA, OR and WA in about a week will be keeping an eye on the weather and the fire(s).
                        Barb

Comment

Now I understand a quilt ket, it looks good.

ritzy how long until the twins.

I've been making odd items as prototypes - glasses case, iPad cover, cosmetic bag, kindle cover. Got to get on with BOM think I'll be behind again.

Comment

I too have been procrastinating and have been sewing scraps together and making zipped bags........anything but getting on with my 2014 BOM it's all pinned waiting, of course it's much to hot to sew anything too big and it's good to do things that are finished quickly.
                            Hope you all have a nice week..........no cooking today yippee!......out to dinner tonight as it's my birthday.
                            Anne

Comment

Happy Birthday, Anne. I'll be thinking of you when I am out to dinner celebrating 47th wedding anniversary. Actually it was yesterday but my husband had to work. I can celebrate just as easily today. Besides, it's Anne's birthday. All the more reason to go a day late. Many happy returns of the day to you!

Comment

Happy Birthday Anne

Lois did I see your daughters getting married. Have a lovely day and what about the outfit?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2244 users online. 280 members and 1964 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X