Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tribblemom, I enjoyed the link. After I built my 30'x50' studio next to my home my Grandkids called it "Grandma's Playhouse"! It set a whole new standard with the men in the area. Since then none have thought about building a shop any smaller!

Lois, your slip overs are beautiful. I love crab cakes. A restaurant on the pier in Santa Barbara also makes very yummy ones.

Anne, I am so pleased to know Van Morrison was Knighted. I have always thought I was blessed to grow up on the coast of California in the sixties where all the great musicians came to play! I tried to see them all! Music is such an important part of life. One song can bring back so many memories.

Rehak, I so envy you your Kansas Quilt show classes and lunch. I learned so much making Janet Stone's alphabet quilt last year. It is on a design wall awaiting it's turn to be quilted. Actually, I have been drawing quilting ideas and working up my quilting nerve! Jacquie Gehring's pattern inspired me to dye the color wheel. I was fairly happy with the results. Not pleased with my purples so I used a few store bought purples. The solid colors were my only dyed colors - the rest are store bought.

Comment

Susan,
      Totally love the colors in these two quilts. If I drove all the way to your house Susan, I would have a color filled experience for sure! And do tell about those little pieces that are peaking out from under in the second picture. Glad to have you pop in and out as your days allow.
      By the way, I have studio envy! I would be happy to just have a concrete floor with drain and a sink right now. Course I want AC unit in that area today, we are to reach 99F. I think they know it's going above that but are afraid of saying it so early in the summertime.
      May God bless your day with happy memories.
      Luann

I just looked at the colors of original pattern for the alphabet quilt. I love that you did all of your letter blocks in B&W they set off all the other colors. Great choice in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=130684
        This link just popped up on my Facebook page: "She Sheds" - I guess that's the female equivalent of a man cave. :silly:
        http://abc7news.com/home/women-escape-to-backyard-she-sheds/782611/

Kathy
        If only we all loved with our backyards adjoining, we could build a large one and have our "retreats" in it!!

luann

Comment

Today I am off to go to a bridal shower in Seattle with my daughter. It's a 3 1/2 hour trip each way. So lots of quality time with her!

I will get to see my nieces over on that side of the state. It should be fun.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in the sewing room. Here's what I got done.

That middle section are finished 1/4" by 2" rectangles. The other pieces are finished, 1"x2", 3/4"x2" and a whopping 1 3/4"x2". After I had gotten a little over half done I went for a walk. My eyes needed a rest!

Have a good day!

geneva
          Geneva

Comment

Geneva - fabulous bargello.

1/4"? That's not a typo? Yikes!

Thanks for showing the draft of the design on the right side of the photo. It's interesting to see that part of the design process.

Kathy
            Geneva

Comment

Wow Geneva it's looking good. I'm just going to carry on edging my quilt. Today I've cleaned out the chicken run, baked some biscotti and made lemon sauce.

Enjoy your time with nieces and daughter.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

WOW ! Ladies ! Susan...That studio is nearly as big as my house !! :woohoo: And I swear, Geneva...if I ever get
                up the road to Tri-cities.......
                You"ll be hearin' from me ! Have fun at that shower.

Comment

Yep - I built a big one. It is probably about the size of my house. I have never measured my house. The studio has 13' high ceiling. I use to work as a multi-media artist. Art tile and sculpture mostly. I worked as an Artist-in-education for about twenty five years. A health issue about four years ago forced me to rethink the materials I played with. Now I am totally focused on fabric and loving every minute!

The pictures peeking out are ones I am working on for an original quilt project. The picture I hope to attach is one of my art tile pieces. I called them "Tile Quilts". At the time I did not even consider sewing a fabric quilt! Now I plan to recreate the piece in fabric.

Comment

Susan, that is a beautiful piece. Is it outside? And if that's a yes, did you do anything specific to protect it from the elements? It will make a beautiful quilt.
                    Luann

Comment

I used high fire stoneware clay to create the tiles. That means the clay body will not absorb moisture. The glaze is also able to withstand exterior elements. The piece I shared has hung on my carport for about fifteen years. I have other pieces hanging in various locations around my house. The largest tile mural I created was with 7th and 8th grade art students to honor the man their school was named after. It hangs on the side of the outside of the school.

Comment

Geneva, beautiful start to your bargello quilt.

Artmomma, Love your tile 'quilt'

Had a good day yesterday, although I didn't buy any fabric for myself :huh: . It started off with buying some waxy fabric crayons for Izzy - she is stronger in the drawing dept. than sewing, so I thought that she could make her drawings onto fabric and then they could be enhanced with stitch/quilting. Then she decided that she wanted to try them out straight away, so I ended up buying a bundle of white Egyptian cotton scraps from Empress Mills for her - Her fabric stash has now officially started :woohoo: :woohoo: These scraps are all reasonable sized pieces, and the quality is lovely - I used this fabric for Caught Red Handed. She also went up to the Regional Chairman to complain that during the introductions of all the different branches attending, that she had been forgotten hmy: , because she is the first ever Young Embroiderer to attend a Regional Day - so this was amended after lunch. When we got home DH had hung the wall units for me, so I have spent part of today dusting off all the box files and magazines that are on the currently installed book shelves and transferring them to the new units for the time being. Then we can take them down and see about getting the other 3 units made and put up. I did think about taking a before photo, but didn't quite get around to it before I started moving things :whistle:

Comment

Squeeeeeel I've just seen I won the paints in Lea McComas batik class. I hope they post to the UK :cheer: :silly: inch: :woohoo:

Susan I'm very impressed with your tiles, so talented what a wonderful career.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Congratulations Wendy.
                            Happy painting
                            Anne

Comment

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing what you paint.

Thank you. I always thought the best job to have was one that was not that different from your playtime!

Comment

Congratulations, Wendy!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2284 users online. 239 members and 2045 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25587   Active Members: 1,297  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X